• Craig Thompson

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • David O'Donovan

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it hasn't yet but if they do install two captains I'm guessing it will be hard for co-captains to share the no. 1 guernsey unless they:
- wear 0.5
- swap jumpers at half time
- flip for it before the game
- retire the no. 1

* tradition that had been broken is that when Geoff Motley was captain of PA he did not wear the number one guernsey 'and look how successful he was'
Just use numbers 1 and 11!

I was looking for something for Sleezy in the Debt Demolition thread and read the following stuff I wrote on page 10. Koch said a whole lot of stuff was unacceptable in February. Well it has hasn't improved.

Lets see if they back up their strong words with strong action.

REH wrote on page 10.....
Spent a bit of time going on about debt levels being stabilized, put up a bar chart graph on the slide with no real increase for 4 years, but I had to laugh as the Current + Non Current Liabilities items of Interest bearing loans and borrowings, had gone up from $6.261m in 2017 to $8.279m yet in the cash flow statement it said we paid off $182k of short term borrowings and finance lease. Absolutely no explanation of this discrepancy. See my comments below.

Said we had no room for error.

Said not getting a second Joint Major Sponsor was a MAJOR FAILURE and was a big driver in our poor financial result.

Said they had got a strong message about both on field and off field results and it was kick up the back side from the supporters.

Said we couldn’t absorb the loss of a 2nd JMS and our lower crowds. Said On Field results impacted our Off Field results.

Talked about the $3 million we have had to pay to the SANFL to underwrite the move to AO for 5 years and that was renegotiated with the SANFL ( ie as part of the 2017 review) and 2018 year was the last year of paying $600k, so in 2019 that $600k cash will be applied to debt reduction which they are budgeting for $1 mil reduction per year for the next few years.

Finished off his speech the strong point we had 61,460 paid up members in 2018, not free members and made up members, without mentioning names.

Koch’s tone was quiet forceful I thought. Said the club is not happy with the past year, it’s not acceptable, we have made big changes to improve things. I would have like to have been around, to hear the tone of the questions and responses, and to Ken’s talk.

I was looking for something for Sleezy in the Debt Demolition thread and read the following stuff I wrote on page 10. Koch said a whole lot of stuff was unacceptable in February. Well it has hasn't improved.

Spent a bit of time going on about debt levels being stabilized, put up a bar chart graph on the slide with no real increase for 4 years, but I had to laugh as the Current + Non Current Liabilities items of Interest bearing loans and borrowings, had gone up from $6.261m in 2017 to $8.279m yet in the cash flow statement it said we paid off $182k of short term borrowings and finance lease. Absolutely no explanation of this discrepancy. See my comments below.

Said not getting a second Joint Major Sponsor was a MAJOR FAILURE and was a big driver in our poor financial result.

Said they had got a strong message about both on field and off field results and it was kick up the back side from the supporters.

Said we couldn’t absorb the loss of a 2nd JMS and our lower crowds. Said On Field results impacted our Off Field results.

Talked about the $3 million we have had to pay to the SANFL to underwrite the move to AO for 5 years and that was renegotiated with the SANFL ( ie as part of the 2017 review) and 2018 year was the last year of paying $600k, so in 2019 that $600k cash will be applied to debt reduction which they are budgeting for $1 mil reduction per year for the next few years.

Finished off his speech the strong point we had 61,460 paid up members in 2018, not free members and made up members, without mentioning names.

Koch’s tone was quiet forceful I thought. Said the club is not happy with the past year, it’s not acceptable, we have made big changes to improve things. I would have like to have been around, to hear the tone of the questions and responses, and to Ken’s talk.
Mate, will you please copy this to the DEBT DEMOLITION thread for extra attention ... Club eyes ... Koch eyes (take care how you say that) ...

We HAVE made big changes..........do we know if these have or will be announced?

We HAVE made big changes..........do we know if these have or will be announced?
Changes have been ‘announced’ anonymously via the website Staff List. Don’t expect too much.

Earlier this week three names dropped off all at once.

Steve Dawes, Chief Operations Officer (he was terminated two or three months ago).

Claire Quartuccio, Membership & Trends Analyst (not her actual ex-title, appeared above Ben in the pecking order).

Oliver Shawyer, GM Digital (Marketing) & Brand (one of the two Sydney whizz kids recruited last year).

Are these the sort of ‘changes’ you had in mind?

Changes have been ‘announced’ anonymously via the website Staff List. Don’t expect too much.

Steve Dawes, Chief Operations Officer (he was terminated two or three months ago).

Claire Quartuccio, Membership & Trends Analyst (not her actual ex-title, appeared above Ben in the pecking order).

Oliver Shawyer, GM Digital (Marketing) & Brand (one of the two Sydney whizz kids recruited last year).

Can't see how we won't be premiers, rolling in the cash in 2020

A cost cutting exercise?

Back