2019 AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of me is concerned about the lack of football people on our board, it doesn't really matter whilst Clarko is at the helm, but when he finally leaves we'll have to make an appointment. How much faith do we have in Richie Vandenberg?

I'm not worried too much. If anything, I'm glad we have less football people on our board. I'm particularly glad that the one we do have is Richie Vandenberg who has good business and leadership chops.

We're not the only club with this structure to our board either, the majority of AFL clubs don't tend to have many football people.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Can we stop the left right thing invading any Hawthorn board?

Sometimes it feels like in a few months the whole of bigfooty will have whole posts of words derived from left or right with the occasional other word thrown in

Sometimes it feels like in a few months the whole of bigfooty will have whole posts of words derived from left or right with the occasional other word thrown in

Shut up you centrist snowflake ;)

You sound like a typical, tree hugging lefty extremist, literally losing your collective s**t because some people would love to honour Don and thank him for being the huge catalyst that drove the club away from the merger.
I hope you're not making it personal here old chap, you've always maintained you never do that.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope you're not making it personal here old chap, you've always maintained you never do that.

Definitely not personal at all, someone earlier made reference to Trump so it opened the door for that opening line. I don't know Flinchy from a bar of soap but his rant came across in a manner not too dissimilar to the often tantrums we see from progressives, not very measured if you get me ? :oops:

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Isn't our supporter base traditionally conservative and lean more to the right side of politics? It's funny, theres a bloke I am friends with on FB who is club legend at a footy club I spent a long time at, he is a unionist and ALP tragic, we have some great barbs. Anyway, agreed, leave politics out of it (although it's often a enthralling discussion).

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Definitely not personal at all, someone earlier made reference to Trump so it opened the door for that opening line. I don't know Flinchy from a bar of soap but his rant came across in a manner not too dissimilar to the often tantrums we see from progressives, not very measured if you get me ? :oops:
Oh, now I get it. :tearsofjoy: You got triggered by my mention of Trump??? That's so super soft.
Or probably it also has something to do with the fact I'm not a hand-on-my dick over Jeffrey Gibb like you might be???
I've voted conservative more times in my life than progressive, but unlike some with their voting preferences, the character of a human being means a hell of alot to me.
And I want to get this right, to follow your lead.
I'm going to suggest an across Atlantic relocation for you because you'd fit in so very well with all the other slack jawed, ill educated, gun loving, immigrant hating, Nascar fume breathing, Gay fearing, mysogynistic, war mongering, earth burning, far right fascist leader loving folk that also share your Phillistine views.
How my doing, am I doing this right? Using your pejorative name calling in a way that works for you?
LOL.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Oh, now I get it. :tearsofjoy: You got triggered by my mention of Trump??? That's so super soft.
Or probably it also has something to do with the fact I'm not a hand-on-my dick over Jeffrey Gibb like you might be???
I've voted conservative more times in my life than progressive, but unlike some with their voting preferences, the character of a human being means a hell of alot to me.
I'm going to suggest an across Atlantic relocation for you because you'd fit in so very well with all the other slack jawed, ill educated, gun loving, immigrant hating, Nascar fume breathing, Gay fearing, mysogynistic, war mongering, earth burning, far right fascist leader loving folk that also share your Phillistine views.
How my doing, am I doing this right? Using your pejorative name calling in a way that works for you?
LOL.

You are a weird unit.

LOL.
I think you mean cross-Pacific. We don't border the Atlantic.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think you mean cross-Pacific. We don't border the Atlantic.

world-map.gif

If he went Pacific way, he'd end up in California/Oregon/Washington. Tige'd never make it 50 miles before choking on bean sprouts or having a fatal henna reaction.
How ever, if he went the other way to the East Coast of the US he could land in prime Trump country of Florida, or mosey across into some fine farmland in Pennsylvannia. Although admittedly he'd have to start rowing out in to the Indian Ocean, you'll notice it's contiguous with the Atlantic, so I think with enough fresh drinking water and fishing hooks he's 50/50 to make it. :thumbsu: :rainbow:

View attachment 794334

If he went Pacific way, he'd end up in California/Oregon/Washington. Tige'd never make it 50 miles before choking on bean sprouts or having a fatal henna reaction.
How ever, if he went the other way to the East Coast of the US he could land in prime Trump country of Florida, or mosey across into some fine farmland in Pennsylvannia. Although admittedly he'd have to start rowing out in to the Indian Ocean, you'll notice it's contiguous with the Atlantic, so I think with enough fresh drinking water and fishing hooks he's 50/50 to make it. :thumbsu: :rainbow:

This is one of the strangest tirades I've seen on BigFooty, and that's saying something. Take a step back and look at how you're conducting yourself on a public AFL forum and perhaps think about how you ended up here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is one of the strangest tirades I've seen on BigFooty, and that's saying something. Take a step back and look at how you're conducting yourself on a public AFL forum and perhaps think about how you ended up here.

????
I was responding to a post, that you liked?

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I especially liked the part where you joined in when he had a bash of me.
But sure, one way tirade.
Gotchya.

Ps. It's regrettable you didn't see the humor in the map-post, was an attempt at funny in response to sixpence who I thought was hilarious by picking out that one line to call out.
Ah well.

Gotchya.

I didn't say 'one way' - nor did I join in when he had a bash of you. I liked his post because of the comments towards giving Don Scott legend status.

Your response to that was a tirade. You could have ignored the 'lefty' comment and argued on the merits of the points that have been made, but you chose to melt down into some convoluted political diatribe that isn't helping your point, nor the quality of the discussion in this thread.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I didn't say 'one way' - nor did I join in when he had a bash of you. I liked his post because of the comments towards giving Don Scott legend status.

Your response to that was a tirade. You could have ignored the 'lefty' comment and argued on the merits of the points that have been made, but you chose to melt down into some convoluted political diatribe that isn't helping your point, nor the quality of the discussion in this thread.

Must have misunderstood this line from you when you replied to Tige's 'lefty tree hugging extremist' post.
I love the moments that we agree on something Tige, it gives me hope for the world.

Silly me.
And how we got here?
Because I thought Don shouldn't be made to do anything he doesn't want to to receive his Legendary status, and that being called old, senile, etc. was flaming in a way I thought outrageous.
I also MAINLY talked about the club and it's handling of this, not of Kennett as so many others did.

My ranting response to Tige was tete a tete. I only responded to his playing the man.
You think otherwise, noted.

Oh, and I often think I'm funnier than others do. Reckon that map post was gas.

Don should do this. Don should do that. I like Dons stand. I don't like Dons stance.
Left Right Left Right.....Stop frickin indicating to go straight through the roundabout to Whogivesafuxville and take ya political views with you

How's was the weather at the AGM, hey?

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Totally bizarre, firstly the lad brings Donald Trump into the discussion, then loses his collective marbles due to the reference of leftist extremism, then he lays claim that I am triggered. All due to the fact I pointed out that I would have liked Don to accept at the AGM so he could be honoured by all that he influenced and that cherish him, I am at a loss.

Gotchya.

Ps. It's regrettable you didn't see the humor in the map-post, was an attempt at funny in response to sixpence who I thought was hilarious by picking out that one line to call out.
Ah well.
FWIW, I wasn't trying to give you s**t or take sides.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm not worried too much. If anything, I'm glad we have less football people on our board. I'm particularly glad that the one we do have is Richie Vandenberg who has good business and leadership chops.

We're not the only club with this structure to our board either, the majority of AFL clubs don't tend to have many football people.
It seems like the clubs that do have football people on the board like adelaide and carlton seem to be have a lot more petty bs happening from people that haven't had a real job before or have the stick by your mates mentalitly. Judd and Ricciuto have too much say at their clubs i feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back