Prediction 2019 All Australian Team - Hurn, Yeo, Darling and Gov Named

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have had them in the following order of likelihood/worthiness of incisions in the team.

Sheppard
Yeo
Darling
Shuey
Hurn
McGovern

Daylight

Gaff

But it looks like I'm off.

The midfield is extremely hard to break into, the names in the squad are absolutely quality and I find it hard to argue Shuey is better (even if he is still a gun).

Gov didn't feel as dominant but his stats say otherwise. The fact teams change their whole forward structure to beat him speaks for his influence.

Hurn is a lock. Played well for most of the season and we all know that most of the selectors won't have watched a west coast game for the last month (or 6). They need him in so he can be captain and address their blunder last year.

Darling is stiff but like Shuey, KPF is damn hard. Cameron selects himself due to the Coleman, Brown is a very good forward too. Darling's main hope would be third tall but they may have chosen to go small.

Reckon Darling was the best CHF this year. With a lack of good small forwards in the comp (I would have Cameron and Walters as the only worthy AA small forwards) they should name three talls, and he'd be very unlucky not to get in there.

But they'll probably put Ablett and Danger on the flanks, neither of which should be there. Ablett because he's been very good, but not great, and Danger because... well he isn't a forward.

Here's the fans one.
FansAA2908_1024.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final thoughts are that Hurn, Gov and Gaff get in. Shep deserves it the most imo, but won’t have the profile.

Yeo squeezed out by so many mids, ditto Shuey who was quiet down the stretch. Darling may suffer from them picking Brown, J. Cameron, C. Cameron and then a bunch of midfielders on the HFF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back