Prediction 2019 All Australian Team - Hurn, Yeo, Darling and Gov Named

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Tom Strewert is the sort of player that would be in Shep situation if he was playing for us.

Shep is one of the only rare small/mid size players in the comp thats defensively oriented and a gun at it. That said his offensive game this year has been elite.

His versatility would be frothed over if he was playing in Melbourne. Not many players in the comp can shut out Walters one week, then a hybrid like a De Goey the following and then do a job on a tall like Cameron/Jack Reiwoldt.

Royals

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I was worried when Pendlebury was named for for first time in 4 years it was a conspiracy to give him the Captaincy..
when Hurn was named VC .. I was getting ready for a massive Rant ... then they named Fyfe, I was just stunned
FISH PISS

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
The bigger issue for me is Hurn not being named captain last year to Buddy. That was absolutely ridiculous. This year, at least Fyfe is a captain. That said, given the chaos at his club, the issues that players reportedly have had with him, players wanting out of the club and team performance over years, you would think Hurn, Pendlebury and maybe even Cripps would have been better choices.

Since injury, Hurn's form has been down so he is a bit lucky to have made the team (over Shep potentially), but given he has, as the Premiership captain and missing out last year when he obviously should have been captain, one would have thought... But ultimately, it is good recognition to have 4 players in and as for Gov, teams change their whole game plan to circumvent him, so whilst he has been down on form maybe, his impact is massive.

"It's nice to have some recognition and salvage something from a pretty difficult season at a team level"

Oh Captain, my captain.

“Well we had a dog of a year, again, making no discernible progress in our game style or player development. Our reigning B+F is about to win a Brownlow in another state and the previous B+F put his trade request in yesterday. We have no coach and no CEO, but at least I got this blazer.”

How could anyone resist getting a membership to that?

Part of me thinks the only reason they named Fyfe captain over Hurn is because it would have been downright embarrassing for the league if they gave it to Hurn & he wasn’t even there. Any official word on where he actually was?
I reckon this is 100% what happened.

5fd4f285b0675e10f852493d2b141606.gif

e5fda8c1e691caa9391ce8dfac661805.gif
Lol thanks for that 👍

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Yep, Gill did a Gill call.
I reckon they Had Fyfe as VC and Gill's gone, mmmmmm Hurn not here, can't have the Captain missing. Then just did a flip.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if this has been posted before but, according to Crumpetface, the selectors voted 5 to 4 in favour of Bunga as captain but were overruled by someone "up the line" from AFL House. If true, I wonder who that might have been?

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Not sure if this has been posted before but, according to Crumpetface, the selectors voted 5 to 4 in favour of Bunga as captain but were overruled by someone "up the line" from AFL House. If true, I wonder who that might have been?
If that’s true you wonder just how much else is “overruled by someone up the line”. MRO anyone?

Completely defeats the purpose of having a selection panel if higher ups can just pick and choose whats suitable.

If that’s true you wonder just how much else is “overruled by someone up the line”. MRO anyone?

Completely defeats the purpose of having a selection panel if higher ups can just pick and choose whats suitable.

There was speculation that Demetriou altered the votes in our last game vs Gold Coast in 2014 when Matt Priddis won the Brownlow so that Fyfe wouldn't have the most votes yet be ineligible for the medal. Not that it means much, but 11 others players that day had higher Supercoach scores than Priddis that day yet Priddis got 2 votes (3 went to JK because he kicked 8 goals).

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
There was speculation that Demetriou altered the votes in our last game vs Gold Coast in 2014 when Matt Priddis won the Brownlow so that Fyfe wouldn't have the most votes yet be ineligible for the medal. Not that it means much, but 11 others players that day had higher Supercoach scores than Priddis that day yet Priddis got 2 votes (3 went to JK because he kicked 8 goals).
That'd be hilarious yet sad if true

FULL VOTING: BEST AFL CAPTAIN

1. Shannon Hurn (West Coast Eagles) — 171 votes

2. Patrick Cripps (Carlton) — 128

3. Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) — 82

4. Joel Selwood (Geelong) — 52

5. Trent Cotchin (Richmond) — 50

Ah well that’s a shame.

Jeeves

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2008
In enemy territory.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Perth Wildcats
FULL VOTING: BEST AFL CAPTAIN

1. Shannon Hurn (West Coast Eagles) — 171 votes

2. Patrick Cripps (Carlton) — 128

3. Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) — 82

4. Joel Selwood (Geelong) — 52

5. Trent Cotchin (Richmond) — 50

Ah well that’s a shame.
Bunga absolutely slayed it. Where did the AA captain come in the voting?

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Like most things within the closeted walls of the AFL, it's an enigma,
a complete mystery unto itself,
an absolute non-transparent Area 51,
the Bermuda Triangle within the House Of The Oval Bouncing Ball!

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
That might explain the stupidly long break they took between announcing the round 22 and round 23 votes.

Back