2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

So i'm guessing he ranks pretty low in hitouts then

Contested marking and the ability to kick goals > hit-outs

Hawthorn have done fine since 2014 with McEvoy as the starting ruck despite his low hit-out average per game.

I know this might be difficult for some people to understand but as of right now McEvoy is the 3rd best ruckman in the league behind Grundy and Gawn. He is now better than Goldstein, Jacobs, Mumford, Martin etc who are all declining. If there's a better ruckman than McEvoy at taking marks, contested marks, kicking ability and goal kicking let know.

Hey idiot go and see where McEvoy ranks in marks, contested marks, marks inside 50 and goals per game among the rucks!

Not including the game against the Lions, because it would be unfair to McEvoy.

Grundy has won 159 hit outs to McEvoys 116
Grundy is goaless to McEvoys huge total of 1.
Grundy has 17 tackles and 86 disposals to McEvoys 9 tackles and 60 disposals.
Grundy has 17 marks to McEvoys 26.
Grundy has 30 clearances to McEvoys huge total of 5.
Grundy has had 0 marks inside 50 to McEvoys 50.

Those stats are enough to tell me Grundy has had a much better season than McEvoy.

Jog on.

B: Tom Stewart, Alex Pearce, Mark Blicavs

HB: James Sicily, Michael Hurley, Lachie Whitfield

C: Tom Phillips, Nathan Fyfe, Jack Macrae

HF: Tim Membrey, Tom Lynch, Jordan De Goey

F: A.McDonald-Tipungwuti, Jeremy Cameron, Michael Walters

R: Ben McEvoy, Patrick Cripps, Tom Rockliff

INT: Zach Merrett, Adam Treloar, Brodie Grundy, Lachie Neale
I like this one. A couple of slight changes for mine, but wouldn't be unhappy.

FB: Tom Stewart, Alex Pearce, Shannon Hurn

HB: James Sicily, Michael Hurley, Lachie Whitfield

C: Ben Cunnington, Nathan Fyfe, Jack Macrae

HF: Alex Sexton, Tom Lynch, Jordan De Goey

F: A.McDonald-Tipungwuti, Jeremy Cameron, Michael Walters

R: Brodie Grundy, Patrick Cripps, Lachie Neale

INT: Zach Merrett, Adam Treloar, Stephen Coniglio, Jake Lloyd

Where does Kreuzer rank for hit-outs and disposals? You know... the player that can't kick. lol
Such a petty, childish response. Kreuzer has played 1 game but regardless, no Blues supporter is calling him the AA ruckman above Grundy and Gawn.

You on the other hand are so biased you put McEvoy no.1 and turn aggro the moment people call you out on it. Grow up!

Contested marking and the ability to kick goals > hit-outs

Hawthorn have done fine since 2014 with McEvoy as the starting ruck despite his low hit-out average per game.

I know this might be difficult for some people to understand but as of right now McEvoy is the 3rd best ruckman in the league behind Grundy and Gawn. He is now better than Goldstein, Jacobs, Mumford, Martin etc who are all declining. If there's a better ruckman than McEvoy at taking marks, contested marks, kicking ability and goal kicking let know.
If he's the third best ruckman then why would he be the starting ruck in the AA side?

Not including the game against the Lions, because it would be unfair to McEvoy.

Grundy has won 159 hit outs to McEvoys 116
Grundy is goaless to McEvoys huge total of 1.
Grundy has 17 tackles and 86 disposals to McEvoys 9 tackles and 60 disposals.
Grundy has 17 marks to McEvoys 26.
Grundy has 30 clearances to McEvoys huge total of 5.
Grundy has had 0 marks inside 50 to McEvoys 50.

Those stats are enough to tell me Grundy has had a much better season than McEvoy.

Jog on.

Hey idiot McEvoy has kicked 4 goals this year not 1! He is also 2nd in the league in contested marks. Try again. I couldn't care anyless about hit-outs and clearances.

Hit-outs? The most overrated and misleading stat when judging a rucks performance. I'll give you an example. In 2013 Hawthorn played West Coast in Perth and the Eagles had something like 70 hit-outs that day. Guess what Hawthorn won by 10 goals. Hit-outs = overrated

By that logic contested marks and goals for a ruckman are overrated because in 2016 Max Gawn had 4 contested marks and 2 goals v Port but they lost by 45...his best contested marking game last year was 7 v Saints and they lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a petty, childish response. Kreuzer has played 1 game but regardless, no Blues supporter is calling him the AA ruckman above Grundy and Gawn.

You on the other hand are so biased you put McEvoy no.1 and turn aggro the moment people call you out on it. Grow up!

If you reckon that Grundy has had a better season so far, then by all means go ahead and put him in your team. You were the one who started this argument without looking at the stats first making it out like McEvoy isn't worthy of being discussed as a potential All-Australian.

Yep, another from that epic draft class: Billings has announced himself

I don't want to s**t on him, he played an excellent BoG game, but surely we need to see it happen under more pressure than melbourne put on him before we say that. It was a seriously weak game from the dees.

Sooo a ruckmans main priority?

If hit-outs and clearances were stats in being able to determine a rucks dominance then why have Hawthorn won more games since 2014 then they’ve lost with McEvoy as the number one ruck? He’s an Example. Collingwood have beaten Hawthorn in the clearances and hit-outs since 2011, yet Hawthorn have won 11 of 12 against Collingwood.

Enough said.

If hit-outs and clearances were stats in being able to determine a rucks dominance then why have Hawthorn won more games since 2014 then they’ve lost with McEvoy as the number one ruck? He’s an Example. Collingwood have beaten Hawthorn in the clearances and hit-outs since 2011, yet Hawthorn have won 11 of 12 against Collingwood.

Enough said.

Because there's 21 other players that make up a team.

Saying first use of the ball is overrated is as dumb as it gets. Dig up.

Enough said.
Thats a completely different argument. You're saying you dont care about hit outs and clearances when picking an AA ruckman when that is solely their number 1 job. Doesn't make sense.

Enough said.

You are a fool.

A rough early nomination side not enough footy played to make any serious calls just yet. I got pretty lost in key defence not quite sure form warrant it yet Phil Davis, McGovern. Or do you go a bit left field for a Jonas. Also from a small defender D.Rampe, L.Ryan. Lots in the mix plenty I missed.

I just put the guys forward who kicked the sausages I like Heeney and a few others just missed.

Lots of midfielders stiff Fyfe, Sloane, Cunnington, Gawn, Libba, Rockliff, Crouch, Treloar, Sheed list is endless. So instead of just going off numbers I gave the guys who polled well in the coaches award and teams are winning a nod. Concerned with two Bulldogs considering how poorly they have played of late. Most will have gawn in and by end of year will be in but lycett has the votes on the board and Seb ross gets a nod for that reason.

B. T.Stewart H.Andrews S.Hurn
HB. L.Whitfield J.Sicily J.Lloyd
C. T.Boak P.Cripps S.Coniglio
HF. M.Walters T.Lynch A.Sexton
F. Tippa J.Cameron J.De Goey

Foll. B.Grundy M.Bontempelli P.Dangerfield

Inter. J.Mcrea, T.kelly, S.Ross, S.Lycett

* Just a very rough draft* so go easy I would of missed a few as well have not watched every minute of every game

Thats a completely different argument. You're saying you dont care about hit outs and clearances when picking an AA ruckman when that is solely their number 1 job. Doesn't make sense.

Everyone wants a good dominant ruckman like Gawn or Grundy issue is so few of them so the rest of the teams need to work out how to get it done without a star. If a club wants to go drop 900k to a million tomorrow and gawn or grundy are not available who do we give it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back