2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpkin?!
LOL I've enjoyed your contribution, but this makes you look more the fool than the North fans. Cunnington has a genuine claim to a place in the side. You taking the piss with this and the stats post makes you look as if it's getting to you personally. It's pretty pathetic tbh.

LOL I've enjoyed your contribution, but this makes you look more the fool than the North fans. Cunnington has a genuine claim to a place in the side. You taking the piss with this and the stats post makes you look as if it's getting to you personally. It's pretty pathetic tbh.

I was questioning why Simpkin was being mentioned in this thread. You don't realistically think he's anywhere near being All-Australian this year, do you?

Absolutely zero emotion or personal feeling involved RE: Cunnington or North Melbourne, either. I never said Cunnington shouldn't be in the conversation, I was just outlining why people may question his value and his standing among elite midfielders. The knock on him (and Cripps, and Neale, none of whom I hold any particular affection for) compared to other contenders would be their individual attacking output.

I was questioning why Simpkin was being mentioned in this thread. You don't realistically think he's anywhere near being All-Australian this year, do you?

Absolutely zero emotion or personal feeling involved RE: Cunnington or North Melbourne, either. I never said Cunnington shouldn't be in the conversation, I was just outlining why people may question his value and his standing among elite midfielders. The knock on him (and Cripps, and Neale, none of whom I hold any particular affection for) compared to other contenders would be their individual attacking output.
Have you had your head in the sand all year? Cripps and Neale would be among the first 3 mids picked.

Have you had your head in the sand all year? Cripps and Neale would be among the first 3 mids picked.

Well, are we trying to pick an actual balanced team, or just names on a page with no regard to style/type? If we're doing the latter, it renders a lot of discussion and debate completely meaningless.

As of this round -

B: Stewart, Blicavs, Hurn
HB: Keath/Sicily, Andrews, Grimes
C: Duncan, Cripps, Whitfield
FO: Grundy, Kelly, Boak
HF: Ablett, Hawkins, C. Cameron
F: Danger, J. Cameron, De Goey
INT: Fyfe, Gawn, Neale, Ryan

Walters, Cunnington, Pendles, Bont, Cogs (one of Sicily and Keath/can't split them) all on the precipice

laird - mcgovern - grimes
crisp - andrews - johannisen
treloar - oliver - kelly
fantasia - hogan - martin
de goey - brown - gresham
grundy - yeo - mitchell
dangerfield - heppell - cripps - blicavs

i come from the future and this is the 2019 aa team
if your from the future ,keep going mate ,we wont miss ya

I feel like the Swans should have five players in the conversation for the squad at this point - Rampe, Lloyd, Parker (having arguably his best and most consistent season), Aliir and Papley - which is weird for a team that is 4-8.

Not Lloyd. Any Swans would tell you he hasn't been that effective at all this year. Not having a bad year but not an AA year. He amasses big possession numbers but many of them come from kick-ins and meaningless uncontested ball in the back 50 which he doesn't do a hell of a lot with. I love Lloyd and wish he played up on a wing where he's a better player, I believe, because he can use his run (he's not quick but he's a great gut runner) and precise kicking (he's not a long, penetrating kick but an accurate deliverer of the ball inside 50).

I just cannot accept that Rampe is not an AA player at this point. He's having such a brilliant year. He'll play on and smash Eddie Betts one week, only to take out Tom Lynch the next week, then goes to Charlie Cameron and beats him, then Ben Brown and the story. continues. He'll get shifted on to a dominating Tom Hawkins and limit his influence. Same with Orazio Fantasia. There's no better, or more versatile pure defender in the league imo.

Parker had a quiet first month but has been really good since then - his first four weeks are too much to have him in the 22 yet but by the end of the year if he carries on this form, then maaaaaybe. Probably unlikely given how good the midfield group is this year.

I'm glad Aliir, in particular, is getting some recognition because I've heard very few media people give him the credit for what has been a great year. He's become a really well-rounded defender who is very, very difficult to beat one on one, as well as being so effective as a third man in. Began his career looking like he was making it all up as he went and he basically admitted as much, but now you can see everything is slowing down for him and he's fully in control of what he's doing. Had a very consistent and excellent sesoon to this point.

Papley has some good small forwards to contend with so I don't think he'd be in the side or the squad yet but if he carries on this vein of form as a pure forward - he was moonlighting as a part forward, part midfielder to start the year - he could make his way in by the end of the year.

Cripps will be all Australian and possibly be named captain or vice captain.
Anyone who doesn’t have him in their team is surely taking the piss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Lachie Neale gets a lot of the ball but he doesn’t seem to impact games too much. I hope they don’t just pick the mids with the most disposals.
Didn’t watch the game, because Carlton and Lions. But, didn’t the lions kill it till Neale got tagged out of the game? Must have been contributing in some way...

If jack crisp ain't in the discussion for a back flank I'm watching the wrong games

Rated elite pre season

Hasn't missed a game
Very consistent
Team winning
Plenty of ball , hasn't lost a contest
Must be in the conversation

His spot to lose

And it has. Gawn career high disposal and highest Hitouts to advantage percentage of any ruckman in any game this year. Absolutely pantsed Grundy.

Takes the rolling starting spot now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back