2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason Macrae wasn't AA in 18 is because the selectors are morons. Was a top 5 player I cthe comp last year.

Agreed was the best player in the competition from rounds 7-9 and finished the last six weeks in close to the same form. I have also said he’d never be elite so it’s egg on face to admit that. Was playing some seriously untouchable football.

Yeah kicks a bit strainer and should be fine

Ziebs super dangerous matchup. Has found his most dangerous spot
Agree. Never rated him as a mid. But think he could be one of the best mid sized forwards in the game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

First draft

B - N. Jetta, P. Davis, N. Vlastuin
HB - J. Sicily, J. McGovern, A. Witherden
C - A. Gaff, P. Cripps, J. Macrae
HF - J. DeGoey, J. Darling, C. Wingard
F - E. Betts, J. Hogan, C. Cameron
Foll - M. Gawn, N. Fyfe, P. Dangerfield
Inter - L. Neale, L. Whitfield, J. Ziebell, D. Martin

Macrae is a jet and far more consistent than Kelly. As a result is a better player at this stage.

Idk man. I have to disagree with you there. Kelly was unbelievable in 2017. He was hampered by injuries last year, He still dominated most games he played, apart from maybe 2 where he got tagged out of the game. Macrae racks up disposals but imo Kelly is much more damaging with the ball. I would much prefer Kelly hitting up Cox/De Goey than Macrae, Macrae occasionally butchers the ball.
I can tell you right now if Kelly plays 20+ games this year he will stamp himself as one of the very best midfielders in the game. I think you are under-rating him pretty hard.

Idk man. I have to disagree with you there. Kelly was unbelievable in 2017. He was hampered by injuries last year, He still dominated most games he played, apart from maybe 2 where he got tagged out of the game. Macrae racks up disposals but imo Kelly is much more damaging with the ball. I would much prefer Kelly hitting up Cox/De Goey than Macrae, Macrae occasionally butchers the ball.
I can tell you right now if Kelly plays 20+ games this year he will stamp himself as one of the very best midfielders in the game. I think you are under-rating him pretty hard.
Under rating him hard because I said Macrae, who was a top 5 player imo last year, is more consistent therefore currently better? That's a bit of an over reaction.
Here Macraes 18 vs Kelly 17, Guess who's who, definitely don't see that big of a difference to be stating Kellys 17 was unbelievable compared to Macraeast year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190227_200930_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190227_200930_com.android.chrome.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 188
B: Rory Laird, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Stewart

HB: James Sicily, Harris Andrews, Nick Haynes

C: Brad Hill, Patrick Cripps, Andrew Gaff

HF: Jack Gunston, Lance Franklin, Tim Membrey

F: Jade Gresham, Joe Daniher, Robbie Gray

R: Brodie Grundy, Patrick Dangerfield, Clayton Oliver

INT: Dustin Martin, Jackson Macrae, Zach Merrett, Stephen Coniglio

What about Melbourne's Christian Petracca? Many tipped him for a huge season in 2018, and although his numbers were decent, weren't what were expected. With the Dees looking primed as ever on the back of a strong finals campaign, maybe he can make that leap and evolve into one of the games elite.
:D
Comparred to guys like Heeney, Gus Brayshaw Petrecca is behind.
He has high af standards for himself, flashes of brilliance but yet to dominate a game by the scruff of the neck.
He did fall off, when he was Favorite for rising star in his second year ( Because the first he was out due to ACL).
Suffice to say he didn't win the rising star.

B: Rory Laird, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Stewart

HB: James Sicily, Harris Andrews, Nick Haynes

C: Brad Hill, Patrick Cripps, Andrew Gaff

HF: Jack Gunston, Lance Franklin, Tim Membrey

F: Jade Gresham, Joe Daniher, Robbie Gray

R: Brodie Grundy, Patrick Dangerfield, Clayton Oliver

INT: Dustin Martin, Jackson Macrae, Zach Merrett, Stephen Coniglio
Membrey and Hill?

First draft

Nice. Neale is a player I forgot to mention I think.

Cracking game yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ziebell can go from a 35 goal forward to a 45 he is almost a lock imo.

Bloody good mid sized forward

Is probably competing with Greene, Gray, Martin, De Goey and Zorko for at most 2 spots, some damn good players there, not making it in that position is no disgarce and he may well have a ripper year and still not make it.

Membrey and not Bruest shows a lot of discipline for a Hawks supporter.

I’m tipping Gunston to have a better season than Breust.

With the return of McCartin and Bruce from injury Membrey will likely go back to his old role as the third tall foward again for the Saints and when you factor in he’s only 24 and about to enter his prime and the Saints midfield likely to be much better compared to last year I reckon he could be sneaky chance to make the All-Australian team for the first time.

With the return of McCartin and Bruce from injury Membrey will likely go back to his old role as the third tall foward again for the Saints and when you factor in he’s only 24 and about to enter his prime and the Saints midfield likely to be much better compared to last year I reckon he could be sneaky chance to make the All-Australian team for the first time.

Fair enough you would know better. I thought Gunston was spending time out of the forward line that might complicate things.

First draft

You Missed R. Laird!

Laird May McGovern
Roberton Davis Whitfield

A.Brayshaw Fyfe J.Kelly

Dangerfield Franklin DeGoey
Gresham J.Cameron Martin

Grundy Cripps Oliver

Coniglio Higgins Bont Shuey

Laird May McGovern
Roberton Davis Whitfield

A.Brayshaw Fyfe J.Kelly

Dangerfield Franklin DeGoey
Gresham J.Cameron Martin

Grundy Cripps Oliver

Coniglio Higgins Bont Shuey
Interesting team.

My notes:

5 players from GWS... and only one from Richmond. I would expect a team like the Tigers to get a better play at the selection table.

I think Kelly and Brayshaw will be midfielders and I think genuine wingers will deserve the honor over them in that position.

I think there will likely be two ruckman again this year in the team.

I have doubts about Higgins and Dangerfield making it this year. I don't think Cameron will make it. I don't think May will make it. I don't think Roberton will make it.

I think it will be hard to justify Martin as a forward.

Is this the year that all of the big four of the 2013 draft make the team (or at least the squad) - Cripps, Kelly, Merret and M.Crouch are all a chance. They'll probably throw a bone to the fifth wheel Bontempelli too. `
In what world are Merrett and Crouch better players than Bontempelli? It's basically Cripps, Bont and Kelly as the top 3, then daylight

Interesting team.

My notes:

5 players from GWS... and only one from Richmond. I would expect a team like the Tigers to get a better play at the selection table.

I think Kelly and Brayshaw will be midfielders and I think genuine wingers will deserve the honor over them in that position.

I think there will likely be two ruckman again this year in the team.

I have doubts about Higgins and Dangerfield making it this year. I don't think Cameron will make it. I don't think May will make it. I don't think Roberton will make it.

I think it will be hard to justify Martin as a forward.
Josh Kelly played wing predominantly last year. He is a genuine wingman. Whether he does next year is another matter. He certainly can and has played midfield.

Cameron looked good in JLT1 and isn't a silly suggestion. He was going well last year until the Andrew's incident. Obviously he needed to adjust his game but seemed to lose confidence in husjudgement when he came back from suspension. If that's sorted he may well make the team.

I'd be astounded if we get 5 in the AA team, even if we win the flag.

Agree with this, there's always new players who rise doubt there has ever been the same 22 two years in a row.
Membrey is a very good 3rd tall and has a beautiful kicking action.
Could easily have a ~40 goal season

First draft

A lot of these picks are pure reputation. You have not taken into account this year's performance at all!

:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back