2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Whitfield's another gun. GWS sure have some stars, even with several departures.

Interesting team.

My notes:

5 players from GWS... and only one from Richmond. I would expect a team like the Tigers to get a better play at the selection table.

I think Kelly and Brayshaw will be midfielders and I think genuine wingers will deserve the honor over them in that position.

I think there will likely be two ruckman again this year in the team.

I have doubts about Higgins and Dangerfield making it this year. I don't think Cameron will make it. I don't think May will make it. I don't think Roberton will make it.

I think it will be hard to justify Martin as a forward.
It’s a prediction. The point being know one knows who will make the team. You included. I’m happy for you to voice your opinion, that’s what this place is all about, however “I don’t think May will make it” doesn’t offer much of an argument or insight.

In response to some of your slightly more ’detailed’ comments:

Kelly and Brayshaw both play on the wing. Maybe not as a majority but enough to warrant AA selection.

GWS is stacked with talent. Would be no surprise if 5 of its players made it considering talent and their lists age profile.

Martin plays as a forward in a very similar role to Dangerfield.

Richmond is a great team because they have great role players and not necessarily superstars bar Riewoldt, Rance and Martin. Riewoldt will be impacted by Tom Lynch. Martin is in the team. Rance was hard not to pick, but IMO he’s a diving flog who loves the sound of his own voice. May is rumoured to be having an amazing preseason and I rate highly him as a player. Phil Davis is a better defender and leader.

Roberton made AA 40 squad 2017 and
Looked amazing in JLT. As did Higgins, who is just class and a damaging user.

It’s a prediction. The point being know one knows who will make the team. You included. I’m happy for you to voice your opinion, that’s what this place is all about, however “I don’t think May will make it” doesn’t offer much of an argument or insight.

In response to some of your slightly more ’detailed’ comments:

Kelly and Brayshaw both play on the wing. Maybe not as a majority but enough to warrant AA selection.

GWS is stacked with talent. Would be no surprise if 5 of its players made it considering talent and their lists age profile.

Martin plays as a forward in a very similar role to Dangerfield.

Richmond is a great team because they have great role players and not necessarily superstars bar Riewoldt, Rance and Martin. Riewoldt will be impacted by Tom Lynch. Martin is in the team. Rance was hard not to pick, but IMO he’s a diving flog who loves the sound of his own voice. May is rumoured to be having an amazing preseason and I rate highly him as a player. Phil Davis is a better defender and leader.

Roberton made AA 40 squad 2017 and
Looked amazing in JLT. As did Higgins, who is just class and a damaging user.

Another opinion is not a criticism. It is inviting a discussion.... and not one so serious considering it is March.

"some of your more `detailed' comments".... c'mon. First... there was no detail in my post.

The season hasn't even started and people are already claiming rance is the worst backman in the league.
It's gonna be a long year.
No. Looks like it might be over after just game.

s**t luck for the guy... Robbed of the chance to earn 6 successive AA's. But at least we'll spared the endless boring All-Australian debates between Tigers fans and Rance-haters. That's one positive, I suppose.

Last edited:
No. Looks like it might be over after just game.

s**t luck for the guy... Robbed of the chance to earn 6 successive AA's. But at least we'll spared the endless boring All-Australian debates between Tigers fans and Rance-haters. That's one positive, I suppose.
Had a mare of a night. Was fumbly, dropping early chest marks too. Then looks like he has done an acl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

B: Laird Rance Rampe
HB: Sicily May Lever
C: Whitfield Oliver Gaff
HF: Hipwood Buddy Cripps
F: Breust B Brown De Goey
Foll: Gawn Martin Neale
Int: Zorko O'Meara Hogan Redden

Weird to not have Tom Mitchell in there as a lock
Lever won't play for at least another 2 months. He's no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back