2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Big talking point throughout the year obviously and won't take long into the season before contenders emerge. In the mean time who do you think would be good things to retain their spot, break into the team or even surprise many with a break out season? Personally I think Stephen Coniglio's ready to take that next Giant step and truly announce himself as an elite mid. He's already a gun and had a decent crack last season, and with some departures at GWS now has more responsibility. A player who I rate highly.

Jordan De Goey. No explanation needed. Was in the ALL-Australian squad last year but missed out. Anyone with half a clue knew he'd have a big finals series, and that he did exciting many. One of my favourite players in the game with exceptional talent.

What about Melbourne's Christian Petracca? Many tipped him for a huge season in 2018, and although his numbers were decent, weren't what were expected. With the Dees looking primed as ever on the back of a strong finals campaign, maybe he can make that leap and evolve into one of the games elite.

Who do you think are the next crop coming through? Will some new Colts overshadow their older counterparts? Or Will the familiar Stallions retain their place, or be taken over by some hungry Lions:D

Big talking point throughout the year obviously and won't take long into the season before contenders emerge. In the mean time who do you think would be good things to retain their spot, break into the team or even surprise many with a break out season? Personally I think Stephen Coniglio's ready to take that next Giant step and truly announce himself as an elite mid. He's already a gun and had a decent crack last season, and with some departures at GWS now has more responsibility. A player who I rate highly.

Jordan De Goey. No explanation needed. Was in the ALL-Australian squad last year but missed out. Anyone with half a clue knew he'd have a big finals series, and that he did exciting many. One of my favourite players in the game with exceptional talent.

What about Melbourne's Christian Petracca? Many tipped him for a huge season in 2018, and although his numbers were decent, weren't what were expected. With the Dees looking primed as ever on the back of a strong finals campaign, maybe he can make that leap and evolve into one of the games elite.

Who do you think are the next crop coming through? Will some new Colts overshadow their older counterparts? Or Will the familiar Stallions retain their place, or be taken over by some hungry Lions:D
If Toby has a full year I dont think De Goey is an absolute lock. They might be too similar to both fit in. He is an awesome talent though.

Things that will happen in this thread...

A) People will exclusively nominate players from their own team
B) There will be a pointless bitch fight about who the best ruckman is
C) People will put midfielders on the half forward line and people will complain
D) Everyone will say the selectors have no idea
E) Rance will be selected
F) A week after the team is announced no one will give a ****

laird - mcgovern - grimes
crisp - andrews - johannisen
treloar - oliver - kelly
fantasia - hogan - martin
de goey - brown - gresham
grundy - yeo - mitchell
dangerfield - heppell - cripps - blicavs

i come from the future and this is the 2019 aa team

Chances are there will be an obscure small shutdown defender at every single club who is criminally underrated and should make the team

18 shutdown defenders should make the team?? There are gonna be some midfielders and forwards feeling pretty aggrieved if that happens ;)

Jetta, Grimes, Vlaustin?
The AA selectors look at stats rather than watching games closely hence why those three blokes are always overlooked.

Its bullshit

C) People will put midfielders on the half forward line and people will complain

OP should have gone with “pick the 2019 AA team without choosing a player from your own team”.

Otherwise it gets tedious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chances are there will be an obscure small shutdown defender at every single club who is criminally underrated and should make the team
And said criminally underrated defender of a team who finishes top 2 will make the side, only to be never seen by the AA selectors again once said team drops off.

Wonder what size blazer Rance has chosen this year?

B James Sicily - Alex Rance - Neville Jetta
HB Rory Laird - Harris Andrews - Alex Witherden
C Elliot Yeo - Patrick Dangerfield - Angus Brayshaw
HF Jade Gresham - Joe Daniher - Orazio Fantasia
F Toby Greene - Ben Brown - Jordan De Goey
R Stef Martin - Patrick Cripps - Nat Fyfe
Int. Jack Steven - Dyson Heppell - Toby McLean - Clayton Oliver

Source: From the future, don’t question it.

Edit: Oliver in for Titch, beginning to think multiple futures exist

Last edited:
a fifth of the AA squad were Richmond players last season
One thing that is almost a guarantee, whoever finishes on top of the ladder will have a ridiculous amount of players in the squad. Happened with Adelaide the year before too.

Jetta, Grimes, Vlaustin?
Yep. This was Brent Guerra in his career at Hawthorn. Mr Consistent, but rarely rated mention anywhere.

Add Hardwick to this group too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back