Should do a comp for this.

B: Grimes Rance Sicily
HB: Crozier Andrews Laird
C: Macrae Sloane Gaff
HF: Dangerfield Riewoldt Wingard
F: Gray McDonald DeGoey
R: Grundy Neale Mitchell
I: Yeo Heeney Merrett Treloar

Ha ha 2 ex Freo players and no current ones plus Yeo who we couldn't find a spot for apparently...that will go down well over our way

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Should do a comp for this.

B: Grimes Rance Sicily
HB: Crozier Andrews Laird
C: Macrae Sloane Gaff
HF: Dangerfield Riewoldt Wingard
F: Gray McDonald DeGoey
R: Grundy Neale Mitchell
I: Yeo Heeney Merrett Treloar
You'd take Macrae over Whitfield and Treloar over Josh Kelly? I'd query De Goey over Greene as well.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
You'd take Macrae over Whitfield and Treloar over Josh Kelly? I'd query De Goey over Greene as well.

Macrae is better than whitfield, and while I think Kelly is better than Treloar my gut feel is Treloar this year. Greene isnt even running yet.

Last edited:

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know it's hard to process, but sometimes other clubs have players that are good. It might be especially shocking to learn that Jack Macrae is an exceptionally good player, despite playing for the Bulldogs

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I know it's hard to process, but sometimes other clubs have players that are good. It might be especially shocking to learn that Jack Macrae is an exceptionally good player, despite playing for the Bulldogs
Utter codswallop. I suggested three possibilities from a side of 22. Notably we wont nit be represented In the AA team, sout's hardly a stretch.

Your obsession is obvious and pathetic.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
If I had to pick the Essendon player(s) likely to get a place - assuming all are fit and play full seasons - my rough guess for likelihood is the below;

1. Daniher
  2. Fantasia
  3. Shiel
  4. Merrett
  5. Hurley
  6. Stringer

Think Daniher & Fantasia are two of the most exciting forwards in the competition when they're fit, and if the EFC midfield performs well they should get plenty of supply.

Shiel should go up a notch as the number one midfielder for us, his professionalism plus the attention of being the 'big' trade of the offseason will drive him to improve, this also improves Merrett's ability to accumulate and use his kicking as a weapon.

Hurley has been there, done that, and I think if we play him in an accountable role he'll be a real chance to make AA again.

Stringer as a smoky; if he can improve on fitness, EFC improves, and he has a mixed role on-ball / forward, he's capable of making one hell of an impact. One of the most dynamic players in the comp when he wants to be.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
FB: Saad, McGovern, Sicily
HB: Lever, Rance, Heeney
C: Kelly, Cripps, Macrae
HF: Martin, McDonald, de Goey
FF: Gresham, Lynch, Gray
R: Gawn, Oliver, Fyfe
I: Petracca, Yeo, Grundy, Laird

Last edited:
B James Sicily - Alex Rance - Neville Jetta
HB Rory Laird - Harris Andrews - Alex Witherden
C Elliot Yeo - Patrick Dangerfield - Angus Brayshaw
HF Jade Gresham - Joe Daniher - Orazio Fantasia
F Toby Greene - Ben Brown - Jordan De Goey
R Stef Martin - Patrick Cripps - Nat Fyfe
Int. Jack Steven - Dyson Heppell - Toby McLean - Clayton Oliver

Source: From the future, don’t question it.
Edited, sorry Titch

Tom Mitchell should be a salutary lesson in picking anything, even your nose, before a ball is bounced.
The crazy thing is I genuinely wasn’t going to pick him either, but thought when I got to the last spot on the bench “I guess I better put Titch in.”

Regardless of all that I just hope Titch gets back to the player he was whenever he gets back now.

Big talking point throughout the year obviously and won't take long into the season before contenders emerge. In the mean time who do you think would be good things to retain their spot, break into the team or even surprise many with a break out season? Personally I think Stephen Coniglio's ready to take that next Giant step and truly announce himself as an elite mid. He's already a gun and had a decent crack last season, and with some departures at GWS now has more responsibility. A player who I rate highly.

Jordan De Goey. No explanation needed. Was in the ALL-Australian squad last year but missed out. Anyone with half a clue knew he'd have a big finals series, and that he did exciting many. One of my favourite players in the game with exceptional talent.

What about Melbourne's Christian Petracca? Many tipped him for a huge season in 2018, and although his numbers were decent, weren't what were expected. With the Dees looking primed as ever on the back of a strong finals campaign, maybe he can make that leap and evolve into one of the games elite.

Who do you think are the next crop coming through? Will some new Colts overshadow their older counterparts? Or Will the familiar Stallions retain their place, or be taken over by some hungry Lions:D

Gotta say, Petracca has been a real disappointment so far. He is the guy that needs to step up this season if the Demons are really gonna mix it at the business end of the season. He just isn't consistent enough and this is the year he needs to give them something.
I think McDonald of the Demons could be in for a big year now Hogan has gone west. Dylan Shiel will be an interesting watch at the Bombers along with Fantasia. Cripps is a superstar and will confirm it this season (again). I am curious to see if both the young lad from the pies (with the heart condition) and Snags from the tigers can back it up again after having two excellent seasons.
Lachie Neal could have a great season at the Lions as well. There's a few.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
More online sales I expect.

Live in Darwin not WA.

Papers tv ratings its all the same. And the two NSW teams are all about tv ratings and tv rights.
Well the NT news might skew your perspective a but, althoughI do have a soft spot for it as a paper.

But no we aren't. TV drove our entry, but it's certainly nitalk we're abiut. The Swans were a lot about Sunday games when they relocated.

Back