2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Darcy Moore has deserved every bit of attention he's received. He's been tremendous so far.
He's earned it both weeks in my opinion. Has played two fantastic games thus far for the Pies.
I can’t speak for other key defenders in the league, but Moore was probably our best player(Definitely top 3) against Geelong, and against Richmond he played even better.

I think he has that Alex Rance factor about him when you can clearly see he’s busting his ass

But what exactly is it that he has done? Week One he took two very good back to back contested marks and rebounded out of the back half a handfull of times. Second week it was a case of keeping the opposition key forward quiet. An opposition key forward who had a broken wrist and was getting sloppy delivery from a well beaten midfield? There was nothing outstanding statistically. There wasn't half a dozen intercept marks or a dozen spoils.

The likes of Rance receive regular nominations on the back of wining an incredible percentage of one on one contests. McGovern with game after game of half dozen or more intercept marks. Harris Andrews for record numbers of spoils. Hurley for the ability to rebound out of the back half.

To me he is being afforded Rance levels of recognition based on a couple of good yet hardly outstanding games. There is something about it that just isn't adding up. Then again maybe I'm just being a sook.... Haha

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
But what exactly is it that he has done? Week One he took two very good back to back contested marks and rebounded out of the back half a handfull of times. Second week it was a case of keeping the opposition key forward quiet. An opposition key forward who had a broken wrist and was getting sloppy delivery from a well beaten midfield? There was nothing outstanding statistically. There wasn't half a dozen intercept marks or a dozen spoils.

The likes of Rance receive regular nominations on the back of wining an incredible percentage of one on one contests. McGovern with game after game of half dozen or more intercept marks. Harris Andrews for record numbers of spoils. Hurley for the ability to rebound out of the back half.

To me he is being afforded Rance levels of recognition based on a couple of good yet hardly outstanding games. There's is something about it that just isn't adding up. Then again maybe I'm just being a sook.... Haha

Pretty much the Victorian spotlight.

If Harris Andrews or Darcy Gardiner played for a team in Melbourne, they would be in a similar position.

B: James Sicily - Harris Andrews - Tom Stewart
HB: Daniel Rich - Darcy Moore - Jack Crisp
C: Lachie Whitfield - Tom Rockliff - Hugh McCluggage
HF: Jade Gresham - Jack Gunston - Patrick Dangerfield
F: Alex Sexton - Jeremy Cameron - Charlie Cameron
R: Scott Lycett - Nat Fyfe - Lachie Neale

Int: Patrick Cripps - Tim Kelly - Dom Sheed - Marcus Bontempelli

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

To me he is being afforded Rance levels of recognition based on a couple of good yet hardly outstanding games. There's is something about it that just isn't adding up. Then again maybe I'm just being a sook.... Haha

if you don't think darcy moore is a gun you haven't been watching collingwood's games.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
B: James Sicily - Harris Andrews - Tom Stewart
HB: Daniel Rich - Darcy Moore - Jack Crisp
C: Lachie Whitfield - Tom Rockliff - Hugh McCluggage
HF: Jade Gresham - Jack Gunston - Patrick Dangerfield
F: Alex Sexton - Jeremy Cameron - Charlie Cameron
R: Scott Lycett - Nat Fyfe - Lachie Neale

Int: Patrick Cripps - Tim Kelly - Dom Sheed - Marcus Bontempelli

Boak

Why is Bontempelli in most peoples teams? There have been much better mids in the first 2 games
was easily BOG in the first game and is voted in the top 5 for our second match. Not sure how there has been much better mids.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll be suprised if Whitfield crisp Moore Cameron x2 danger sellwood de goey Neal Grundy Andrews beams and gawn aren't in the squad
That's 13 spots
Then you've got coniglio scicily Oliver Martin sexton swallow couch liba McRae

We will all know more in 6 rounds

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
if you don't think darcy moore is a gun you haven't been watching collingwood's games.

I have watched both. For me it's been more along the lines of 'Wow this guy is a pretty good key defender. Looks like he has found his spot' rather than 'this guy Darcy Moore is now the best key defender in the competition'.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have watched both. For me it's been more along the lines of 'Wow this guy is a pretty good key defender. Looks like he has found his spot' rather than 'this guy Darcy Moore is now the best key defender in the competition'.

Maybe not "the best key defender" right now but if he can stay healthy he's still a top tier player.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Agree 100% just think many (especially the media) are going a bit early. Has he really been better than Hurley, Kolojashnij, Jonas or even Andrews?
Jonas or Kolo i doubt will get a CHB/FB position because selectors will know they can shift one of them to the pocket as a 3rd key defender so they can add another tall. Its just an AA selector thing to do.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree 100% just think many (especially the media) are going a bit early. Has he really been better than Hurley, Kolojashnij, Jonas or even Andrews?

He's had a couple of nice games in primetime. He probably makes it into my rolling team as a third tall - but statistically he isn't close to Andrews or McGovern over the first 2 rounds for either marks or spoils (by comparison, Harris leads the comp with 31 one percenters with 31 and Darcy is 5th with 19). I think both of those have been more influential for their team too.

Definitely good to see him play well in defence though and he certainly has an opportunity to win a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

leftyyy

Draftee
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Rolling All-Aus 2019: After round 1

FB: Stewart - Andrews - Pearce
HB: Newman - Sicily - Salem
C: BHill - Worpel - Boak
HF: TKelly - CMcCarthy - Taranto
FF: LMcCarthy - Naughton - Westhoff
R: Nankervis - Coniglio - Bontempelli
I/C: Fyfe - Rockliff - Sloane - Sheed
EME: JCameron, Cotchin, McCluggage, STaylor

After R2
FB: Stewart - Andrews - McGovern
HB: Rich - Moore - Lloyd
C: Macrae - Neale - BHill
HF: TKelly - Gunston - LMcCarthy
FF: CCameron - JCameron - Sexton
R: Lycett - Rockliff - Bontempelli
I/C: Fyfe - Sloane - Sheed - Boak
EME: Gresham, Whitfield, CMcCarthy, McEvoy

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
After R2

A team without Cripps is not an AA team.

Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After R2
Nice 22. Only quibble: feel like Whitfield has been more impressive than Rich.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Pretty much the Victorian spotlight.

If Harris Andrews or Darcy Gardiner played for a team in Melbourne, they would be in a similar position.

Again with the Vic bias rubbish argument. You’ll find that every single Victorian rates Harris Andrews as one of the game’s best defenders and Gardiner at worst as a good defender.

The fact that Andrews has been very good doesn’t mean that Darcy Moore hasn’t been very good also.

Why is Bontempelli in most peoples teams? There have been much better mids in the first 2 games

Maximum coaches votes in round one and polled well in round two.

He’s started the year very well and would be in an AA side picked tomorrow. With Schache/naughton performing up forward it has released Bont to play more of the role he did in his only AA year to date.

curnow inferno

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
FB: James Sicily - Harris Andrews - Tom Stewart
HB: Daniel Rich - Jeremy McGovern - Jake Lloyd
C: Lachie Whitfield - Patrick Cripps - Andrew Gaff
HF: Charlie Cameron - Jack Gunston - Patrick Dangerfield
FF: Alex Sexton - Jeremy Cameron - Jordan de Goey
RR: Max Gawn - Nat Fyfe - Lachie Neale
INT: Rory Sloane - Tim Kelly - Travis Boak - Jack Macrae

FB: James Sicily - Harris Andrews - Tom Stewart
HB: Daniel Rich - Jeremy McGovern - Jake Lloyd
C: Lachie Whitfield - Patrick Cripps - Andrew Gaff
HF: Charlie Cameron - Jack Gunston - Patrick Dangerfield
FF: Alex Sexton - Jeremy Cameron - Jordan de Goey
RR: Max Gawn - Nat Fyfe - Lachie Neale
INT: Rory Sloane - Tim Kelly - Travis Boak - Jack Macrae
No surprise to see Charlie, Harris and Lachie but nice to see recognition for Richy, he has been in his best form since his rising star year.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I put Hipwood in my squad and he delivered last night. 6 snags with 5 coming in the first half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back