2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why is Cunnington being debated ?
I'm not tracking it properly this year but seems to me he's been top5 of the mids and therefore strolls in if it were selected at this point. Gun season.

Rampe and Parker the only two swannies in contention right now. Parker's form has steadily improved from good to great thru the season. In the mix but no cert.

Rampe is our best shot, and been sensational. He looks bang on track for another AA.

The same people who debate Cunnington would probably have debated Sam Mitchells worth too, when he was just the cog of the Hawks premiership team.
He's been fantastic for years now.

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Still just Rampe in contention for us at the moment. We've had a good patch as a team but that doesn't discount the first 4 to 5 games. Rampe is the only Swan who has been consistently AA standard this year.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cripps is a certainty.

Cripps is a certainty, yet Cunnington averages more disposals, clearances and contested possessions.

Cripps is second in the coaches vote, Cunnington is third.

Interesting last few pages.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawn is a tap ruckman not an 'around the ground ruckman' so for him to get 34 touches is an amazing effort. I mean he had 20 touches more than grundy. Sure his disposal efficiency wasnt great but he had a big influence on the game with his intercepting and hitouts

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Only Dees Supporters and Pies haters think Gawn has been anywhere near Grundy.

GAwn took the points clearly today- yet only due to big last q IMO. His influence on the game was minimal until the last.

Grundy was at about 50% fitness- about the same as Maxy's disposal efficiency.
Could see Grundy labouring last week against our inexperienced rucks.

If Grundy had 35 possies in a game- pretty sure Collingwood would not be getting pantsed by 40-odd points.

Gawn has had a 'good' year.
Grundy has had a 'great' year.

Plenty to go, but let's not base decisions around one match.
Laughably ignorant post.

If you think Gawn has had a merely “good” year you legitimately have no idea what you’re talking about. He has been immense.

rooboy29

All Australian
Jun 11, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cripps is a certainty, yet Cunnington averages more disposals, clearances and contested possessions.

Cripps is second in the coaches vote, Cunnington is third.

Interesting last few pages.
It’s funny isn’t it ahah Cripps only half a goal ahead of cunners too so can’t be scoreboard impact

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
B: Hurn, McGovern, Rance
HB: Laird, Hurley, Sicily
C: Whitfield, Cripps, JKelly
HF: Martin, Franklin, De Goey
F: Greene, Kennedy, Riewoldt
Foll: Gawn, Dangerfield, Oliver
Bench: Sidebottom, Yeo, Bontempelli, Fyfe
With injuries and form this post from the pre-season has got to change

B: Hurn Andrews McGovern
HB: Sicily Blicavs Ryan
C: Whitfield Cripps TKelly
HF: Ablett Cameron Bontempelli
F: Walters Hawkins DeGoey
Foll: Gawn Dangerfield Boak
Bench: Grundy Cunnington Neale JKelly

With injuries and form this post from the pre-season has got to change

B: Hurn Andrews McGovern
HB: Sicily Blicavs Ryan
C: Whitfield Cripps TKelly
HF: Ablett Cameron Bontempelli
F: Walters Hawkins DeGoey
Foll: Gawn Dangerfield Boak
Bench: Grundy Cunnington Neale JKelly
Tarrant over Blicavs

How at this point is Ben Cunnington still underrated by the general public? He has been amazing this season and good for a while.
Has to be in there definitely.
If not I'm happy to get the old pitch fork out

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I mean I think it's worthwhile to debate who makes the starting side and who makes the bench, perhaps moreso than any other position.

Agreed, but last year seemed like a genuine coin toss to me (from memory). Both clearly worthy of selection and practically impossible to split. Not sure if there was a performance like yesterday to settle it.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Gawn is a tap ruckman not an 'around the ground ruckman' so for him to get 34 touches is an amazing effort. I mean he had 20 touches more than grundy. Sure his disposal efficiency wasnt great but he had a big influence on the game with his intercepting and hitouts
He acreages less than 2 possessions per game less than Grundy at 18.8 per game. Not sure what the required number to be an around the ground ruckman is but going to guess he clearly qualifies.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Only Dees Supporters and Pies haters think Gawn has been anywhere near Grundy.

GAwn took the points clearly today- yet only due to big last q IMO. His influence on the game was minimal until the last.

Grundy was at about 50% fitness- about the same as Maxy's disposal efficiency.
Could see Grundy labouring last week against our inexperienced rucks.

If Grundy had 35 possies in a game- pretty sure Collingwood would not be getting pantsed by 40-odd points.

Gawn has had a 'good' year.
Grundy has had a 'great' year.

Plenty to go, but let's not base decisions around one match.
So you’re saying Patrick Cripps doesn’t get AA? It’s almost as if in a team sport with 22 players on a team it takes more than one player being awesome to win a game.

blicavs has conceded more goals than tarrant.

brown also kicked 5 on him....

so what's it going to be, brown in the AA team or tarrant? both.
None of the above.
That Luv_our_club agrees with confirms you’re not right :)

Back