2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that's right.

I'm confident in the first example, each player gets 40 metres gained.
If a player kicks or handballs backwards, they get metres lost.

Yes, going backwards does count as metres lost, should've clarified that.

But I am pretty sure that a disposal resulting in an immediate turnover that sees the ball go back to exactly where it came from is counted as 0 metres.

Yes, going backwards does count as metres lost, should've clarified that.

But I am pretty sure that a disposal resulting in an immediate turnover that sees the ball go back to exactly where it came from is counted as 0 metres.

This came out last month, I don't know where to find a full list of all players though.

Yes.

It's the games where he plays the quasi-KPD role that see him drop back in AA contention. If he had been deployed all year as a rebounding defender, with less accountability, then I think that lethal boot of his would probably have seen him make AA. He still might, but I doubt it.
Not all midfielders spend the season in the midfield. Not all forwards spend the season forward. It's also 2019, and very few teams play a structure. It's all zoning nowadays

Right, a Richmond fan whinging about a Richmond player not being as highly rated against a player in a different role. If I can direct you to the Coleman Medal, Saad has kept 6 of the top 7 goal kickers for small forwards (excluding Lloyd because he was injured for this game) in Cameron, Sexton, Betts, Walters, Papley and Breust to 5 goals in 7 games including keeping CC and Betts goalless and the others to 1 goal in the games he's played. He's been doing an excellent job as the #1 small defender whilst still averaging 17 disposals, 4.4 rebound 50's and 337 metres gained per game.

Jake Lloyd you're 100% right on, biggest stat padder in the game currently. Vlaustin is a good player but maybe watch some Essendon before shooting your mouth off.

Vlastuin is a "good" player? haha funny

he is absolute A grade elite mate, had an amazing season

This came out last month, I don't know where to find a full list of all players though.

Fair enough, I was mistaken.

Still think it's an overrated stat though as the players able to perform an effective switch or the backwards disposal to find a teammate in space are just as good if not better than the player able to bomb it 50m.

62 coaches votes(equal 12th), and he only polled his first vote in round 7, because he was not playing midfield in the first 6 rounds. Bont and Macrae have also combined for 157, so they will have taken votes off him too. Since playing majority midfield minutes, he has dominated and I'd say his form rivals almost any other mid since then. Absolutely AA material.
Good to see a couple users on this forum making perfect sense. Absolute lock for 40 squad, better than 50/50 for the team, for those with ??? you should check out the stats comparison's, not saying the other mids in contention shouldn't be, just saying he's in it up to his eyeballs. Great Season and be surprised if not in leadership discussion for the 22 under 22 team.

Metres gained stats for every player are easily accessable through FootyWire and AFL.com

Right, a Richmond fan whinging about a Richmond player not being as highly rated against a player in a different role. If I can direct you to the Coleman Medal, Saad has kept 6 of the top 7 goal kickers for small forwards (excluding Lloyd because he was injured for this game) in Cameron, Sexton, Betts, Walters, Papley and Breust to 5 goals in 7 games including keeping CC and Betts goalless and the others to 1 goal in the games he's played. He's been doing an excellent job as the #1 small defender whilst still averaging 17 disposals, 4.4 rebound 50's and 337 metres gained per game.

Jake Lloyd you're 100% right on, biggest stat padder in the game currently. Vlaustin is a good player but maybe watch some Essendon before shooting your mouth off.
Bachar Houli has been better than Saad.. I'm sorry i don't rate him at all he plays at half back and only averages 17 touches per game. I watch a lot of Essendon and they don't have any players that will make AA 22 sorry.

How is Dunkley not polling in the first 7 rounds a positive in terms of his credibility for the AA team?

It isn't, but you've missed the point. I was mentioning it to highlight how good he has been as an inside midfielder, and that he is absolutely AA quality in that position. I even mentioned I'd have him in the squad but not the 22.

From our midfield, it would have to be Yeo in front of Shuey or Gaff for AA selection. The bloke is a beast.
Nope, Shuey miles ahead of anyone else in the team. Coaches votes reflect this.

Another year, another list of vanilla Richmond defenders getting talked up by their supporters.

Hahahah Richmond supporters genuinely make me laugh sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another year, another list of vanilla Richmond defenders getting talked up by their supporters.

Hahahah Richmond supporters genuinely make me laugh sometimes.

hahaha another thread, another moronic pies supporter

Vanilla? Puts your entire back-line to absolute shame.

lmfao

Locks
Backs
Andrews
McGovern
Crisp
Stewart
Scicily
Grimes
Laird
Mids
Cripps
Neal
Grundy
Boak
Bont
Shuey
Dangerfield
Martin
Kelly
Whitfield
Henderson
Forwards
Cameron
Cameron
Lynch
Darling

Thing I'm close

Apologies
Edwards
Degoey
Pendels
Over
Gawn
Roughhead
Lloyd
Yeo
Heaney and a host of others
Breakdown
Tigers 3
Pies 2
Lions 3
Gws 2
Dogs 1
Cats 3
Blues 1
Eagles 3
Hawks 2
Port 1
Crows 1

Locks
Backs
Andrews
McGovern
Crisp
Stewart
Scicily
Grimes
Laird
Mids
Cripps
Neal
Grundy
Boak
Bont
Shuey
Dangerfield
Martin
Kelly
Whitfield
Henderson
Forwards
Cameron
Cameron
Lynch
Darling

Thing I'm close

Apologies
Edwards
Degoey
Pendels
Over
Gawn
Roughhead
Lloyd
Yeo
Heaney and a host of others
Breakdown
Tigers 3
Pies 2
Lions 3
Gws 2
Dogs 1
Cats 3
Blues 1
Eagles 3
Hawks 2
Port 1
Crows 1

Please
Use
Better
Spacing
Between
Your
Words

B: Rampe (Syd) - Andrews (Bris) - Haynes (GWS)
HB: Rich (Bris) - McGovern (WCE) - Williams (GWS)
C: Whitfield (GWS) - Cripps (Carl) - Macrae (WB)
HF: Sexton (GC) - Hawkins (Gee) - Walters (Fre)
F: C. Cameron (Bris) - J. Cameron (GWS) - Membrey (Stk)
R: Grundy (Coll) - Neale (Bris) - Bontempelli (WB)

INT: Dunkley (WB) - Yeo (WCE) - Martin (Ric) - Kelly (Gee)

I've bolded the players I consider absolute locks for the team. There's a few I'd put in the 40, and could arguably be on the brink of the 22.
These include Gawn, Grimes, Crozier, Sicily, Hurn and Darling. Whitfield would have been a lock if he'd played more games, but missing 6 already makes his position questionable. When he's played, he's been a clear top 5 player in the league, and I just can't bring myself to exclude him from the side. At the very least, I have him in the squad of 40

Might have missed someone, trying to do this off the top of my head which is pretty hard admittedly.

Edit: forgot Fyfe, he'd push Neale to the bench and Martin off the field

Last edited:

I've bolded the players I consider absolute locks for the team. There's a few I'd put in the 40, and could arguably be on the brink of the 22.
These include Gawn, Grimes, Crozier, Sicily, Hurn and Darling. Whitfield would have been a lock if he'd played more games, but missing 6 already makes his position questionable. When he's played, he's been a clear top 5 player in the league, and I just can't bring myself to exclude him from the side. At the very least, I have him in the squad of 40

Might have missed someone, trying to do this off the top of my head which is pretty hard admittedly.

Errr...Fyfe?

Kelly will start and is a lock.

Good side and nice to see something a little different but surely Fyfe is a lock and can't see Danger being left out either. Boak would also be unlucky to miss after the year he's had. Sexton is an interesting choice and had a good year though I tend to think Zorko is a good chance of getting a HFF spot. Was named there during his last AA year despite playing solely as a mid. Has played more forward at times this year in a really selfless role and deserves to be AA this year imo, statistically deserving too though perhaps it's my team bias because I really don't see him discussed much as a potential AA on here.

So I didn't use a big enough superlative for you? Sorry :rolleyes:.
Bachar Houli has been better than Saad.. I'm sorry i don't rate him at all he plays at half back and only averages 17 touches per game. I watch a lot of Essendon and they don't have any players that will make AA 22 sorry.
No he hasn't. Houli's not been taking the #1 small forward like Saad has, which has limited Saad's output offensively. He's been playing back pocket and taking the likes of Breust, Cameron etc as I stated and beat them. You're clearly only watching the flashy stuff and ignoring everything else if you don't rate a bloke who's only been beaten once this season against the best small forwards in the comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back