Fantasy 2019 - Alpha League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt we have some discussion in the past about having ludicrous amounts of picks? Is the roster cut off culling date before the pre-season?

This really is a joke. 13 draft picks, 9 from 5th and 6th rounds. Sports leagues have min salary caps to prevent this type of crap.

One of the worst drafts in years and fills a third of his roster.

Have we agreed to rotate divisions yearly yet,only way to make this s**t fairer.

geezus some of you guys can be drama queens.

the "discussion" about minimizing the amount of picks a person could have was PURELY about 1st rounders. No more than 2 or something. Note -- dspeed has three 1st rounders next year. And if you look back to the 2018 thread, you were all like "let them have as many picks as they want in the late rounds because who ******* cares, it's all darts by then"...or something of the sort.

the contentious issue was people overloading on 1sts/2nds where real talent can be had, and where people with very good rosters can become even stronger. Making it more fairer by curtailing that.

In this case, you don't realize that my current roster WILL be trimmed down to about 24-26 players anyway, I already know who they are that will be gone. ALL of the 10 players I've so far drafted WILL be making the roster. That leaves the last handful of picks i have to either be cut at deadline or make a push for inclusion into the 40.

I'm looking at having 40-44 max players thru training camp. Either fitting in perfectly at 40, or having to cut a further few down.

It's not like i'll have 60 players because there are a ton of players already rostered that definitely will not be making the 40 man roster.

the 2019 riders roster has improved INCREDIBLY due to this draft. it will not be a surprise to me that i will make the playoffs.

you guys just are scared that i've improved (and improving) my roster....or....you just want to keep me down.

it's not like i traded away top players for picks and drafted sleepers.

i kept my core group of worthwhile players from 2018, that i slightly improved on from the 2017 one i had, and just added a bunch of top talent (which i couldn't have done without a lot of picks). so heading into the 2020 draft, i'll have a very very solid roster, and there should be some mid-season waiver claims that could further improve it.

i should be vying for a "flag" definitely during the 2020 season due to this great draft by me, if not winning it all in 2019. i wouldn't scoff at that.

Oh s**t yeah
Let the tree bare fruit, before you judge.

The key thing is....i did not trade away my best players for picks. That was what set me back so far in 2015-17 and made things unfair around the league. I promised that I would knuckle-down and improve my roster. And I have by building on the 2018 core. And if i didn't hit this draft out of the park, i'll have at least added a handful of more core players to further build on.

Let the tree bare fruit.

Given GG has only traded away future picks for the most part, hardly see why Multiple round 6 picks is indicative of getting worse...

I actually somewhat like the idea of limiting picks to available spots after cutdown - that’s why we cut down to 34 with a max of 40. So GG cutting down to 26 does mean he can still go up to 40. Unless already traded for future picks.

And adds a somewhat strategic element to the cutting process in a good draft year. Cull the backend of your roster to try and put yourself in the position to trade for more draft picks with the risk of not getting your FAs back.

If you’re going to go up to 46 players post draft then I agree the cull back down to 40 should be before the preseason to get rid of any unfairness is hoarding 6 extra players on a whim.

But within that the position limits should be stricter too. No holding 10 RBs through preseason, I know which WR I am going to cull for example.

Overall message - cull back to 40 should happen prior to preseason with waiver value increasing.

My opinion is born from a worst case scenario - what if I was taking over a complete junker of a team - you would cull 20 players, I wouldn’t be averse to trading for multiple 5th and 6th rounders (ie giving UP value for the opportunity) to have a crack at free agents. This year we had Hyde, Gore, Gus, Zay is still there, plenty more of interest. I would jump at making a roster competitive for late picks but I would need the roster space to do it. I have sacrificed value to get draft picks and sacrificed value in roster positions to have the sooner opportunity to pick them up.

Ignore what GG does, I think that sets a good precedent for why it’s valuable to be able to have multiple back end picks.

I agree wholeheartedly on rotating divisions but going to assume those in his will vote against it.
‘Going to assume those not in his will vote for it to get in it’

(Assuming you didn’t read this exact discussion we had on this predraft)

The one way div rivalry I have with Cass must be maintained! 😊

if someone wants two of the picks i have they are welcome to trade them to me for a 2020 pick. i didnt really want THAT many but was helping out a couple people who didnt want them. as long as im left with four picks i should still be in the 40 range.

also soon as our draft is over i will try to put in all the players we drafted into the site, so actually the roster deadline CAN be straight away before pre season, im fine with that, increasing waiver interest. its just we never did that before but we certainly can.

so to confirm, soon as the draft is over everyone will have 7 days max to decide on their final 40 players before we head into NFL preseason

if someone wants two of the picks i have they are welcome to trade them to me for a 2020 pick. i didnt really want THAT many but was helping out a couple people who didnt want them. as long as im left with four picks i should still be in the 40 range.

also soon as our draft is over i will try to put in all the players we drafted into the site, so actually the roster deadline CAN be straight away before pre season, im fine with that, increasing waiver interest. its just we never did that before but we certainly can.

so to confirm, soon as the draft is over everyone will have 7 days max to decide on their final 40 players before we head into NFL preseason
Give em!!!

FWIW I’m a bit over people bringing up grievances half way through a draft.

If there’s something people think is a big issue in the draft, bring it up at a time for everyone to vote on, not when it’s well past possible.

Reckon we vote on if div changes and how it’s coordinated in preseason when people are around (for next year obviously)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a humorous note, remember when NDG was going to blow up the league over Laquon Treadwell? Good times...

(That’s literally the only thing the league has to have a go at him, damn it)

On a humorous note, remember when NDG was going to blow up the league over Laquon Treadwell? Good times...

(That’s literally the only thing the league has to have a go at him, damn it)
everyone has had their moment. i remember a number of people who threw threatened to quit unless something went their way in regards a matter that wasnt that big at all, pedantic stuff

meanwhile, gg is the devil incarnate and constantly harrassed even tho he never throws a hissy, threatens others, and takes all the abuse on the chin.

what a legend of a personality

everyone has had their moment. i remember a number of people who threw threatened to quit unless something went their way in regards a matter that wasnt that big at all, pedantic stuff

meanwhile, gg is the devil incarnate and constantly harrassed even tho he never throws a hissy, threatens others, and takes all the abuse on the chin.

what a legend of a personality
King of the Vetoed Trade Sook right here.

FWIW I’m a bit over people bringing up grievances half way through a draft.

If there’s something people think is a big issue in the draft, bring it up at a time for everyone to vote on, not when it’s well past possible.

Reckon we vote on if div changes and how it’s coordinated in preseason when people are around (for next year obviously)
The overload of draft picks thing has been brought up in previous seasons. As has the divisional changes. These are not 'bringing up grievances in the middle of the draft' things. It is more that the middle of the draft every year is when the overload of picks happens. The issue in the past has been that it means a squad then has way over the limits of players/positions that can then be sat on during training camp. Given they are mostly 4th rounders on, gives a chance to maybe get a diamond from the rough and then cut those that don't look like making a roster. Having one or 2 over the limit, not a major drama I guess, and maybe this year having culled a lot on his squad maybe picking large numbers of players wont be a massive 'overs' as it has been in the past, but it has been discussed before.

The overload of draft picks thing has been brought up in previous seasons. As has the divisional changes. These are not 'bringing up grievances in the middle of the draft' things. It is more that the middle of the draft every year is when the overload of picks happens. The issue in the past has been that it means a squad then has way over the limits of players/positions that can then be sat on during training camp. Given they are mostly 4th rounders on, gives a chance to maybe get a diamond from the rough and then cut those that don't look like making a roster. Having one or 2 over the limit, not a major drama I guess, and maybe this year having culled a lot on his squad maybe picking large numbers of players wont be a massive 'overs' as it has been in the past, but it has been discussed before.

Plus the record for 6th rounders in Alpha is not pleasant. It’s just used by GG as a game. Has he actually ever drafted anything of value with a 6th rounder in 10 years of the league?

Plus the record for 6th rounders in Alpha is not pleasant. It’s just used by GG as a game. Has he actually ever drafted anything of value with a 6th rounder in 10 years of the league?
I am sure he can tell you. You throw enough darts and I am sure you hit something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back