Fantasy 2019 - Alpha League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The overload of draft picks thing has been brought up in previous seasons. As has the divisional changes. These are not 'bringing up grievances in the middle of the draft' things. It is more that the middle of the draft every year is when the overload of picks happens. The issue in the past has been that it means a squad then has way over the limits of players/positions that can then be sat on during training camp. Given they are mostly 4th rounders on, gives a chance to maybe get a diamond from the rough and then cut those that don't look like making a roster. Having one or 2 over the limit, not a major drama I guess, and maybe this year having culled a lot on his squad maybe picking large numbers of players wont be a massive 'overs' as it has been in the past, but it has been discussed before.
I know they’ve been raised before.

I’m just saying if it’s an issue, bring it up before the draft to discuss, not in round 5 of it.

GG puts too much work into what is for all intents and purposes just a fun league, and all the leagues on BigFooty. If it’s an issue we have I think the onus is on the group to make something happen, not just GG.

Only real 6th rounders of any note are:
2010 Woodson Emmanuel Sanders
2011 Cassius Dennis Pitta (before injury cut him down)
2012 Manureid Alfred Morris
2014 Manureid Aaron Donald
2017 GG Chris Carson
Jerome!! Well for two seasons at least.

soon as the draft is over, everyone will have 7 days deadline to decide on their final 40 man roster.

i will update the SQUADS tab on the spreadsheet soon as the draft is over, so you can all visualize how your roster looks, and what positions you are in excess of.

7 days from the completion of the draft.

soon as the draft is over, everyone will have 7 days deadline to decide on their final 40 man roster.

i will update the SQUADS tab on the spreadsheet soon as the draft is over, so you can all visualize how your roster looks, and what positions you are in excess of.

7 days from the completion of the draft.

I don't love this - would not have drafted McLaurin if I knew so. Previous seasons we have waited until about a week before the season, I think with only 7 days after the draft it has compromised my selections as I'm now over limit on WR, and would have selected another position.

I don't love this - would not have drafted McLaurin if I knew so. Previous seasons we have waited until about a week before the season, I think with only 7 days after the draft it has compromised my selections as I'm now over limit on WR, and would have selected another position.
was only to quiet the boo birds complaining about people over drafting

we always waited till after preseason before deadline

should stick to it

but you guys decide

was only to quiet the boo birds complaining about people over drafting

we always waited till after preseason before deadline

should stick to it

but you guys decide

Agree with NDG, my complaint was about your ridiculous number of picks again.

imo...

we shouldnt change stuff mid season/draft. people always say that when i try to change scoring or roster spots. so the same here really.

if people want to overload at a position, trade down for more picks, then they should be able to, and itd be redundant trading down if people cant stock up on late rounders.

no ones stopping anyone from collecting picks, or overdrafting at a position. its not some huge advantage, as theyre darts thrown in the 5th and 6th. if people want to trade up for stars good luck to them too. if youre complaining about someone drafting more rbs than they need, then you couldve done the same, trade down to take some flyers.

but....for the sake of showing its no big deal i can change it just for this year to trial. theres no one wholl lose more than me from this as ive really overstocked. i can still deal with it

but if the boo birds just calm down about it, then we can continue as we've always done.

basically, just vote for it. the vote has to be 7/12 yes to change as the current method is the standing rule

vote yes to change to 7 day deadline?
vote no to keep as is?

gg votes NO
NDG votes NO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have updated the SQUADS tab on the spreadsheet so everyone can visualize their roster.
The red players mean acquired players (draft/trades).
On the row where your name is you'll see your "current" roster size and "maximum" allowed.
Be sure to also scroll the bar horizontally to see how many players over the limit at a position you HAVE TO get down by.

Just a note, and nothing personal against Manureid or TGBB, but these two, most vocal slamming me for having tons of picks, it's hilarious now. Both of them, as well as a number of other people, have overdrafted at WR and RB by as much as even 3 per those two positions. Whereas, given all the million picks I had, I'm ONLY 6 above 40 allowed and not overdrafted at RB or WR....just QB and TE where it's obvious I'll be cutting existing QBs and TEs to fit in the drafted ones. So, like I was saying, much ado or panic over nothing. I NEEDED to have that many picks because my roster was needing to be filled. I can easily cut my team down to 40 and inside limits right now if i want to. I was certainly not THE person who mass overdrafted RB and WR so as to horde them and gain some unfair advantage by seeing which RBs/WRs did well in pre-season. In fact, it's clearly many others in the league who despite only having 4-6 picks in the draft, overdrafted at RB/WR by a lot and are the ones who can take advantage of the preseason.

I deserve an apology. Big time.

Go to the SQUAD tab below, and get a taste of what cuts you probably will be making, and if you already know now, by all means tell me in this thread so I can prepare way beforehand.

Have updated the SQUADS tab on the spreadsheet so everyone can visualize their roster.
The red players mean acquired players (draft/trades).
On the row where your name is you'll see your "current" roster size and "maximum" allowed.
Be sure to also scroll the bar horizontally to see how many players over the limit at a position you HAVE TO get down by.

Just a note, and nothing personal against Manureid or TGBB, but these two, most vocal slamming me for having tons of picks, it's hilarious now. Both of them, as well as a number of other people, have overdrafted at WR and RB by as much as even 3 per those two positions. Whereas, given all the million picks I had, I'm ONLY 6 above 40 allowed and not overdrafted at RB or WR....just QB and TE where it's obvious I'll be cutting existing QBs and TEs to fit in the drafted ones. So, like I was saying, much ado or panic over nothing. I NEEDED to have that many picks because my roster was needing to be filled. I can easily cut my team down to 40 and inside limits right now if i want to. I was certainly not THE person who mass overdrafted RB and WR so as to horde them and gain some unfair advantage by seeing which RBs/WRs did well in pre-season. In fact, it's clearly many others in the league who despite only having 4-6 picks in the draft, overdrafted at RB/WR by a lot and are the ones who can take advantage of the preseason.

I deserve an apology. Big time.

Go to the SQUAD tab below, and get a taste of what cuts you probably will be making, and if you already know now, by all means tell me in this thread so I can prepare way beforehand.

What are you on about? I’ve overdrafted by one on WR. Soon as I’m able on site I’ll cut the WR. Criticism is you’re giving up higher picks for 6th and accumulating 6ths where as dspeed showed apart from Sanders there’s hardly been any success. Anyway do whatever you want, you put most of the work in to the comp.

Moving on can we propose regular div changes in all the comps? And maybe just for this particular change only a majority vote required

What are you on about? I’ve overdrafted by one on WR. Soon as I’m able on site I’ll cut the WR. Criticism is you’re giving up higher picks for 6th and accumulating 6ths where as dspeed showed apart from Sanders there’s hardly been any success. Anyway do whatever you want, you put most of the work in to the comp.

Moving on can we propose regular div changes in all the comps? And maybe just for this particular change only a majority vote required
No, i didnt trade down high picks for late rounders. Wrong.
I traded next years picks for late rounders.
Look how many early round picks I had this year, I ACQUIRED them. I came into the draft with no 1st rounders, a 2nd or two. No 4th. A 5th and a 6th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back