Analysis 2019 apparel - no more orange!

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that like orange, there's a perfectly fine franchise playing out of the arse end of Sydney that you can go support. North Melbourne is royal blue and white.
98B2AE0EB8147825680604E7DA5CD279A60A93AC

Yes, the colours don't not go together. I can see why some might like the combination, in terms of contrasting colours. In fact, now that I come to think of it, it was probably a key reason for following North to begin with. As the '75 GF was beamed in on our Sony Trinitron...

6e43eb432d7f8b9a233e98c80fd0aee7.jpg

Unlike Hawthorn's questionable colour scheme, it was great to see the vivid royal blue and white contrasting so brilliantly against the decor of my parents' home...

45a8f95c9a20b8b4743e64ee7f5fe716.jpg

tumblr_lr3elaSRcf1qmc1edo1_500.jpg

I'd like to say the cheese fondues made up for it, but that'd be a lie.

#scarredforlife

From about 2012 everything started turning blue and orange. Its especially noticeable in video game palletes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotton is the worst performing fabric for high perspiration sports. It absorbs the sweat, becomes heavy, and tends to lose its shape easier. Cotton is better for odour but it's not like you'd wear these more than once without washing them.

Chafing is also a huge issue with cotton. The amount of running these guys do - they wouldn't have any nipples left by the end of the session.

Synthetics are durable and don't absorb as much moisture. It pulls it away from the skin and therefore limits chafing. Refels UV rays and therefore better in the Australian sun. It is stronger and less likely to tear which is obviously suited for contact sports.

End result: it isn't 1950 any longer. It's why all sports clothing (proper sports clothing) is synthetic (mostly polyester). Get with the program Luke72!

Why not just go for the old bandaids over the nipples trick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back