2019 Assistant Coaches Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The football department is being examined with a fine toothed comb.

Club recognizes the investment and spend into the footy department for little results. Especially player development. With the amount of dollars we are spending it's an area massively under the microscope.

As I said earlier in the year regarding assistant coaches being moved on, the heat is on to bring in the right people to get the best out of the group/players. Club fully aware it's not good enough right now.

Club recognizes the investment and spend into the footy department for little results. Especially player development. With the amount of dollars we are spending it's an area massively under the microscope.

As I said earlier in the year regarding assistant coaches being moved on, the heat is on to bring in the right people to get the best out of the group/players. Club fully aware it's not good enough right now.
Good

This is good to hear but ultimately three years late to salvage anything out of this group.

Are we massively underrating Voss, why did he get a contract extension before this intense review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Internally he's highly rated. Whether that means * all is anyones guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the fact that we haven’t had any replacement coach announcements yet means we are doing due diligence to attract some quality from successful clubs

We also run the risk that the good talent gets snapped up while we * about.

We've definitely moved on lol, even the club website has removed Nicks and Lade. Looks very bare at the moment.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/football/players-and-coaches/coaches

I would really like us to get a stoppage coach and a ruck coach (or consultant) to go with the usual Midfield, Defence and Forwards coaches.

It's concerning that the club appears to have come to the conclusion that our major issue is coaching. Makes you think that if money wasn't a factor, Ken would have been out the door two weeks ago. That's an extremely compromised position for the club to be in.

We also run the risk that the good talent gets snapped up while we **** about.

We've definitely moved on lol, even the club website has removed Nicks and Lade. Looks very bare at the moment.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/football/players-and-coaches/coaches

I would really like us to get a stoppage coach and a ruck coach (or consultant) to go with the usual Midfield, Defence and Forwards coaches.
I want a dedicated ball movement and attacking spread coach.

It's concerning that the club appears to have come to the conclusion that our major issue is coaching. Makes you think that if money wasn't a factor, Ken would have been out the door two weeks ago. That's an extremely compromised position for the club to be in.
Money isn't a factor, coaching deoartment soft cap is. We pay out ken, we'd have to pay every new person what we offer them plus 37.5% of their contact ontop of it to the afl.

Eg, new coach gets 500k, we pay the afl 187.5k ontop.

Add a few assistants ontop of that. Could be very very costly

Does the club realize that the players dont believe in the game plan? You can spend all the money in the world developing the players, but if they dont believe in the gameplan its worth stuff all. Club re-signed hinkley when it was glaringly obviously the wrong move. Club needs to focus on the obvious.

Last edited:
it seems to me we have had a lot of assistant coaches in all sorts of roles come and go since Hinkley has been head coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back