2019 Assistant Coaches Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be good to see Port get a forward in at least on a part time basis for some tutelage of our key forwards. Dixon, Frampton and Marshall would benefit especially.

I recall Tredders was asked once why he worked with Walker but not with Port forwards and he said only Adelaide asked him.

It's a pity Wayne Carey is such damaged goods because he would be very good in a teaching role with tall forwards.

Scott Cummings was a smart forward, he knew all the tricks. He could work alongside the player who replaced him at Port. ;)

Jay Schulz.

Yay we're fast becoming like the other mob and are just a jobs for the boys.

Fking useless.

If Josh Carr's success in the SANFL tells us anything it is that aspiring coaches do not want to play second fiddle in the AFL system. Josh could have stayed at Alberton and coached the Port Magpies but he wanted to call the shots so he moved to an SANFL club where he was the man. This was also evident with Chad Cornes' move out of the SANFL coaching role, the system did not want someone who coached to win SANFL games they wanted someone who coached with the AFL in mind.

At Alberton the Port Magpies Coach is told where to play players and how the team should play.

I doubt we will see Josh back at Alberton unless it is as Head Coach.

Schofield and Montgomery haven't been at the club for 14 and 13 years.

Not really boys anymore!
At least our ex-players have some reasonable credentials, they haven't say...... been poached from a side with one of the worst fitness records in the league, to come over and run a fitness program here.
Not saying they aren't capable but it hasn't helped us at all so far.

It would be good to see Port get a forward in at least on a part time basis for some tutelage of our key forwards. Dixon, Frampton and Marshall would benefit especially.

I recall Tredders was asked once why he worked with Walker but not with Port forwards and he said only Adelaide asked him.

It's a pity Wayne Carey is such damaged goods because he would be very good in a teaching role with tall forwards.

Scott Cummings was a smart forward, he knew all the tricks. He could work alongside the player who replaced him at Port. ;)
That Schulz guy knew his stuff and bled for the club. What's he up to these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schulz knows too much about marking balls and kicking goals, you need to run structures and put pressure on to play in this system

Schulz knows too much about marking balls and kicking goals, you need to run structures and put pressure on to play in this system
The black joke that is Ports. The last off season seemed to go on forever but with my current mood
this one will fly by. Bring in whoever you want players or coaches but with smug guts araldited
for 3yrs my mojo is on life support.

...my mojo is on life support.

Byrons Dyin'
Clear ...

Project-Defib-%E2%80%93-Defibrillator-Subsidies-Grant.jpg

Anyone listen to Brogan on the news discussing our two potential assistants?
Absolutely effusive in his praise of Schofield. Said basically it would be a coup getting such a quality person and coach who will bring out the best in the players. Was really impressed if Port can land him. Definitely sees him as a senior coach in waiting and very much in demand.
As for Monty...he said he would be good too. Said something about him being very direct though, speaking his mind and that was about it.
Our mids should be licking their lips, our forwards quaking in their boots lel.

Anyone listen to Brogan on the news discussing our two potential assistants?
Absolutely effusive in his praise of Schofield. Said basically it would be a coup getting such a quality person and coach who will bring out the best in the players. Was really impressed if Port can land him. Definitely sees him as a senior coach in waiting and very much in demand.
As for Monty...he said he would be good too. Said something about him being very direct though, speaking his mind and that was about it.
Our mids should be licking their lips, our forwards quaking in their boots lel.
Broges and Schofield are pretty good mates I believe. He’s hardly going to say otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back