2019 Association Football Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

The world is becoming more and more politically divisive by the year. To not want to discuss these things in an off topic thread is most strange to say the least. Ignoring the s**t that goes on around you doesn’t mean it’s going to go away anytime soon

The world is becoming more and more politically divisive by the year. To not want to discuss these things in an off topic thread is most strange to say the least. Ignoring the s**t that goes on around you doesn’t mean it’s going to go away anytime soon
No ones stopping you or anyone else from discussing it, discussions only gets shut down when posters run out of arguments and get personal.

If other posters dont want to get involved they can ignore it.

But you're the one demanding separate threads for TV/movies to allow for a thread about the 'stronger stuff'. That suggests you're the one unhappy with the topics not the other way around?
Lol “demanding”. Your rhetoric cracks me up. Literally all I’ve done is make a suggestion that if people didn’t like the off topic thread then perhaps make a separate thread for politics. I didn’t vote this year btw, so for the record I don’t have a problem with the off topic thread, but obviously some do if it won worst thread award.

Lol “demanding”. Your rhetoric cracks me up. Literally all I’ve done is make a suggestion that if people didn’t like the off topic thread then perhaps make a separate thread for politics. I didn’t vote this year btw, so for the record I don’t have a problem with the off topic thread, but obviously some do if it won worst thread award.
I voted it as the worst simply because it's not really soccer related so it doesn't grab my interest.

Ironically, this thread is now starting to resemble the Off Topic thread.

Apologies for asking a question, perhaps the thread should be locked and R2M be the only one allowed to post in it?

Worst Troll:
What makes a good troll? Ideally, an effective troll should ruffle feathers, even if some of their stuff reeks of desperation, they still manage to attract bites (i.e Bradesmaen). However, when your attempts are actively mocked, then your a prime candidate for the award. This year, the award goes typeclub in what was a close finish in the end.

1579430138822.png

It's nothing to be proud of.

Final Votes:
Typeclub - 4
SM - 3
Bradesmaen - 2
Gosha - 2
Cazc30 - 1
Sozabarus - 1
Zidane98 - 1

yep, identity politics are being thrust into every aspect of life. It’s only natural it would be discussed in this climate.

Worst Post:

When thousands of posts are made throughout the year, it can be hard to pin-point one which is why a few people either don't vote or just a broad selection of them. It was between two in the end but a late vote saw Zidane98 take it out with his series of posts on Man City, oil, slavery and Mansour. Here are some highlights:

Probably mostly city fans in that case.
That's pretty big because the communists are invested heavily in City and surely would be wanting to broadcast their matches.
Was the right call by VAR to give the foul against Otamendi even if he oversold it a bit.

Disagree about the encroachment retake as City also had a player encroaching. Very controversial retake and VAR once again coming to the rescue for City.
Wow. That second one was very similar to the VAR pen given to City. VAR again helping City out.
You'd have thought he would be outraged at media outlets making up blatant lies about someone.

Looks like that only matters when a Man City player is involved.
You have to ask how City keep getting easy cup draws...

Zidane's City/oil/slavery posts - 3
That long-winded rant on why people shouldn't hate Liverpool by Steven Gerrard - 2
Anything Ross has deleted - 1
Anything typeclub posts - 1
WR on climate change - 1
Anything on the Liverpool club thread - 1
Most things WR posts - 1

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst Post:

When thousands of posts are made throughout the year, it can be hard to pin-point one which is why a few people either don't vote or just a broad selection of them. It was between two in the end but a late vote saw Zidane98 take it out with his series of posts on Man City, oil, slavery and Mansour. Here are some highlights:

Zidane's City/oil/slavery posts - 3
That long-winded rant on why people shouldn't hate Liverpool by Steven Gerrard - 2
Anything Ross has deleted - 1
Anything typeclub posts - 1
WR on climate change - 1
Anything on the Liverpool club thread - 1
Most things WR posts - 1

Ha ha thought it was strange, did a search myself and very few posts came up.

Guess it confirms chef 's theory that a growing number of posters are #triggered by LFC!

Worst Troll:
What makes a good troll? Ideally, an effective troll should ruffle feathers, even if some of their stuff reeks of desperation, they still manage to attract bites (i.e Bradesmaen). However, when your attempts are actively mocked, then your a prime candidate for the award. This year, the award goes typeclub in what was a close finish in the end.

View attachment 808397

It's nothing to be proud of.

Final Votes:
Typeclub - 4
SM - 3
Bradesmaen - 2
Gosha - 2
Cazc30 - 1
Sozabarus - 1
Zidane98 - 1
Very proud. Hardly posted still winning awards. Shows I am still at the forefront of peoples minds. Completely dominated this forum over the past decade much like my beloved Real Madrid and CR7.

Most Biased Supporters:
When 3 of the 5 posters voted for this category support the same team, it's no surprise that team's fans gets this dubious honour. For the 4th year running, it's the Scousers!

1579585282957.png
Wearing a full kit out in public, Xtreme must be a Pool fan.

Final Votes:
Liverpool - 13
Spurs - 2
Man City - 1

Now, on to the awards worth winning!

Best Set of Supporters:
It's a tie between two London rivals! On one hand, you have a club that's been in crisis for most of the season (although seem to be showing more fight under a new manager) and this set of fans have been objective realists throughout the entire time. If there was an award for most objective supporters, this mob would get it. The first of the two winners here are the Gooners:

1579655930433.png
The next set of fans have a bad reputation except for this forum. Laid-back and level-headed, Chelsea fans have pulled off a three-peat with this award!

1579656018836.png

Final Votes:

Arsenal - 6
Chelsea - 6
Spurs - 2
Leeds - 1
Leicester - 1
Liverpool - 1
Man City - 1
Man U - 1
Palace - 1

Last edited:
Most Objective Poster:

Clear, concise and straight to the point, this poster never displays any bias. He just says it how it is. If Arsenal are crap or are showing a bit of fight, he won't be afraid to say it, if other teams are doing well, he'll praise them. He also said that Thierry Henry is the best player he's seen in the PL. Some may say that's him being biased but, let's face it, he was bloody good. Well done Cruyff14!

1579698496316.png

Cruyff - 5
ADL - 2
PendlePie - 2
SM - 2
chef - 1
jd2010 - 1
RossFC - 1
Shoei - 1
UnitedWarrior - 1

Most Objective Poster:

Clear, concise and straight to the point, this poster never displays any bias. He just says it how it is. If Arsenal are crap or are showing a bit of fight, he won't be afraid to say it, if other teams are doing well, he'll praise them. He also said that Thierry Henry is the best player he's seen in the PL. Some may say that's him being biased but, let's face it, he was bloody good. Well done Cruyff14!

View attachment 810101

Cruyff - 5
ADL - 2
PendlePie - 2
SM - 2
chef - 1
jd2010 - 1
RossFC - 1
Shoei - 1
UnitedWarrior - 1
Cruyff14 Looks like everyone is trying to tell you that you object too much.

Smartest Poster:

A tight race but, eventually, only one was crowned the winner. Clearly he has a fountain of knowledge on The Simpsons with a reference for nearly everything but this guy's head is firmly screwed on tight. He's switched on about most global issues and, most importantly, he is rational with his thoughts and views the world in a mostly objective manner. Even if you disagree with him, he's calm in his responses and won't lash out and abuse people like so many people on this site do (not referring to anyone here). Well done glenferry23!

HMcGb1XwqMpgzfJ73QuXDxhBqxQ=.gif

glenferry - 5
moomba - 3
chef - 2
Loonerty - 2
Pykie - 2
Art Vandelay - 1
Magma - 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back