2019 Association Football Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Improved Poster:

This would've been an odd winner a couple of years ago but real life* has meant that this poster has been MIA for the best part of 2 years. Upon returning, he's stuck around even though his team is a far cry from the United he used to know and love. He's been objective, witty and is happy to take the piss out of his own team. Well done Bojan KantKick!

1579781504129.png

*Ran away because United were dire and only posted when they were winning... but that's all changed ;).

Bojan - 4
Art Vandelay -2
jod - 2
moomba - 2
Glenferry - 1
Latro - 1
PendlePie - 1
SarahSmiles - 1

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Smartest Poster:

A tight race but, eventually, only one was crowned the winner. Clearly he has a fountain of knowledge on The Simpsons with a reference for nearly everything but this guy's head is firmly screwed on tight. He's switched on about most global issues and, most importantly, he is rational with his thoughts and views the world in a mostly objective manner. Even if you disagree with him, he's calm in his responses and won't lash out and abuse people like so many people on this site do (not referring to anyone here). Well done glenferry23!

HMcGb1XwqMpgzfJ73QuXDxhBqxQ=.gif

glenferry - 5
moomba - 3
chef - 2
Loonerty - 2
Pykie - 2
Art Vandelay - 1
Magma - 1

just for shits and giggles...:moustache:

29585_Screen%2520Shot%25202015-05-03%2520at%25209.41.40%2520PM.png

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We definitely need a “most woke poster” award next year.

Not sure what prompted me to post that;)

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Let’s also have a most gammon poster award so I might have a chance of winning something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best Post:

It can be difficult to pin-point a particular post that was memorable, therefore, everyone had a different best post. Here they are:

Last edited:
Poster You'd Like to Have a Drink With:
Depending on whether you enjoy a few beers, a couple of glasses of red (any more gives you a pounding headache) or, if you're not into the demon's piss (in the words of FAITH), you might just stick to the coke (the drink) or maybe a fruit juice. Some just like to have a cup of Earl Gray or, if you're sporting a man-bun, a beard, tatts and stretched ears, a tumeric latte from your local tree-hugging joint.

The point is, we all like to have a drink with someone and chat about s**t, and there was only one winner for this one. Let's raise our glasses (no matter what we're drinking) to Bojan KantKick!

1580045776741.png

Best Troll:

What makes a good troll? Is it someone who can throw out bait and successfully get a few fishies to bite? Humour? Original material? Isn't repetitive? A combination of a few? I'm not gonna lie, I can't recall this winner throwing out much bait since his return but the people have spoken. It is yet another award for Bojan KantKick, he's on track to do what Return of the King, Titanic and Ben-Hur did at the Oscars.

1580087175452.png

Bojan - 4
Bradesmaen - 3
jod - 2
moomba - 1
Ross - 1
Soza - 1
WR - 1

Best Thread:

For the second year running, the transfers thread takes out this award. With less monkeys slinging poo at each other in previous years and more constructive transfer discussion mixed in with humour, this thread has become a far more pleasant read.

This was started by chef so Bojan can't take credit for this one.

Transfers - 7
Off-topic - 5
Matchday threads - 3
Championship - 1
UCL - 1

Funniest Poster:

For nearly every moment in life, there is a Simpsons moment that can be referenced to it, and this poster never misses an opportunity to provide one be it football related or otherwise. In the words of Thomas9 he is also a wonderful human being and has a great sense of humour to boot. Well done glenferry23! Soza's quietening down prevented a hat-trick but he still made a good fight of it!

1580283486440.png

Glen will treasure this more than his Most Improved Body Odour Award.

1580283579493.png

glenferry - 7
Soza - 4
Bojan - 1
Bradesmaen - 1
jod - 1
Magma - 1
RPCB - 1
WR - 1

Favourite Poster:

How does this differ from best poster? I'd say "best" poster refers to content whereas "favourite" is someone whose posts you just enjoy reading the most. They could be a comedian who makes you laugh but, in terms of actual posting content, they may not be the best (not referring to anyone here, I'm just merely using a potential example). This award goes to a mod who is laid-back yet will lay down the banhammer before you can say "cumridden". He does a thankless job of moderating this board with Ross and is a worthy recipient. Well done chef!

1580519352206.png

chef - 4
glenferry - 3
Magma - 2
BeamStar17 - 1
Bojan - 1
Jod - 1
Loonerty - 1
ossie_21 - 1
roo2macca - 1
Ross - 1
WR - 1

Best Poster:

The one you have all been waiting for, the one that comes with a free badge! This poster returned after a period of absence and he's better than ever before! He's insightful, intelligent, isn't afraid to sink the boots into his own club and is always up for a good chat and laugh. The board was a much lesser place without him and he hasn't gone into hiding this time! ;) Well done Bojan KantKick who has really swept these awards As for your badge, if the GD song contest is anything to go by, don't expect one soon (there are some very restless natives on there Chief).

1580641752375.png

Bojan - 6
chef - 2
Glenferry - 2
Ross - 2
Loonerty - 1
PendlePie - 1
roo2macca - 1
RPCB - 1

Awards Summary:

Individual Awards:

Best Poster: Bojan KantKick
Worst Poster: SM
Funniest Poster: glenferry23
Favourite Poster: chef
Smartest poster: glenferry23
Best Troll: Bojan KantKick
Worst Troll: typeclub
Best Post: Various
Worst Post: Any of Zidane98's about City/oil/slavery
Most Improved Poster: Bojan KantKick
Most Biased Poster: jod23
Most Objective Poster: Cruyff14
Posters you'd like to have a drink with: Bojan KantKick

Collective Awards:
Best Thread: Transfer Discussion
Worst Thread: Off-Topic
Best set of supporters: Chelsea and Arsenal
Worst set of supporters: Liverpool
Most biased supporters: Liverpool

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Best Poster:

The one you have all been waiting for, the one that comes with a free badge! This poster returned after a period of absence and he's better than ever before! He's insightful, intelligent, isn't afraid to sink the boots into his own club and is always up for a good chat and laugh. The board was a much lesser place without him and he hasn't gone into hiding this time! ;) Well done Bojan KantKick who has really swept these awards As for your badge, if the GD song contest is anything to go by, don't expect one soon (there are some very restless natives on there Chief).

View attachment 815343

Bojan - 6
chef - 2
Glenferry - 2
Ross - 2
Loonerty - 1
PendlePie - 1
roo2macca - 1
RPCB - 1
Cheers lads

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol Bojan cleaned up, and he was AWOL most of the year!

I obviously need to reacess what smart and funny actually is. I’m clearly way off the mark with my definition

Back