ATP/WTA 2019 Australian Summer

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Doesn't mean I hate them - just means there are players that I prefer.
- Seppi: Won 3 titles in his long career. Would be great for him to get another.
- Kvitova: Played a strong game. Barty is a Richmond supporter. Another easy choice.

Most of you are so sour in here.
You didn’t want a tennis player to win because of the football club they support? Really?

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Quite a day for Australian tennis. Barty and De Minaur represent what general Australian sports fans love. That is a good thing for tennis. Now this shpuld add no pressure to alex for next week, this is simply a brilliant moments in a young sports persons career. The maiden title, in your home city, is something he will always cherish.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Quite a day for Australian tennis. Barty and De Minaur represent what general Australian sports fans love. That is a good thing for tennis. Now this shpuld add no pressure to alex for next week, this is simply a brilliant moments in a young sports persons career. The maiden title, in your home city, is something he will always cherish.
Not many 19 year olds do much on Grand Slam level. Let alone one which played deep in the week before.

If he can make it to the 3rd round(to lose to Nadal), then that is a bonus. He defended the points he had to defend, and should be a seed for the rest of the year. Hopefully next year, he can attack the AO fresh

Great job by Alex, this will mean a lot. I think i was worried about how he was going to defend his points these last two weeks, obivously i have no idea. A tournament win at 19 is incredible. Looking forward to 2019 watching Alex.

Can't fault Ash too, she played awesome.

HLM*

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Not many 19 year olds do much on Grand Slam level. Let alone one which played deep in the week before.

If he can make it to the 3rd round(to lose to Nadal), then that is a bonus. He defended the points he had to defend, and should be a seed for the rest of the year. Hopefully next year, he can attack the AO fresh
He could give an underdone Nadal a run for his money IMO.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I really don't understand why so many people come in here just to say I hate Australian players. Nobody asked u to watch them there's plenty of choices on the 9now app during the tournament's. Go watch someone else if u don't like Australia
Don't have to be anti-Australian to say you dislike two muppets like Kyrgios and Tomic. I don't like ******* idiots. I don't like smart arses. Though I do give props to Nick for his kind words for Andy Murray.

Last edited:
May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

I wouldn't expect much from him this year but like Lleyton he might have come along at the exact right time to pinch a few slams between eras.

Back