2019 Barbagallo @ night, what game does the AFL fixture? | BigFooty

2019 Barbagallo @ night, what game does the AFL fixture?

Discussion in 'Motor Board' started by Kwality, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Kwality

Kwality Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/12/perth-supercars-night-race-key-to-events-future/

Sydney dropped, Perth night race added in Supercars 2019 shake up

From a tourism point of view lets hope the AFL fixture a complementary game, offering fans of both sports an extra reason to spend a long weekend in Perth.

.... an all-new format for the visit to Perth’s Barbagallo Raceway in the first weekend of May.

The track will host a meeting from Thursday to Saturday with racing under lights for Supercars on the Saturday night.

Can I suggest Jeff Browne be appointed Ambassador for the event - well connected in both the V8 Supercar world and the AFL & capable of getting things to happen. Lets hope local egos dont ruin a great chance for a big weekend in Perth.

Top op for Freo for a home game v the Pies, Browne & Eddie are close mates, seen here seated in front of Ed sharing the GF loss:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...devastated-Magpies-lose-Grand-Final-goal.html

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Greenstar5

Greenstar5 Team Captain

Sydney
    The game would have to be a Sunday right?

3. Kwality

West Coast
    Yep ?

4. imadodgyumpire

imadodgyumpire Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    The AFL is not going to give a shit. You're trying to discourage fans form NSW/Qld to go? I don't think supercars is that big a deal for people to want to go to Perth for.

Bomberboyokay likes this.
  5. Kwality

West Coast
    The AFL at the highest level will listen IF Jeff Browne & Eddie plus Freo apply some pressure (not just mid level management types), it'll get a fair hearing - you across what Tourism WA said recently dodge?
    https://thewest.com.au/opinion/evan...-key-to-attracting-afl-tourists-ng-b88979072z

Leverage Tourism WA funding to advertise the weekend leading up to it on the East Coast on both AFL & Supercar telecasts on FTA & Fox.

With the Supercar corporate ride day on the following Monday it should meet most Tourism WAs criteria.

Unfortunately it seems the Eagles have their eye on round 2 for a GF rematch, & I cant see the Pies buying 2 x trips to Perth in 6 weeks.

6. imadodgyumpire

imadodgyumpire Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Oh right. Since you put it in context, I can see the point of your OP.

Tbh, none of those factors are enough to get me over to WA. I remember as a younger guy working in nightclubs and bars. In particular random nights I remember you'd meet a particularly hot chick, and she was from Perth.