2019 Barbagallo @ night, what game does the AFL fixture?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Neither of those links mention Supercars or Barbagallo. However, they are a reminder "Eddie" doesn't make the decisions:

Premier Mark McGowan told McGuire he did not need his advice and he should learn a thing or two from WA commentators Dennis Cometti and Basil Zempilas.

“I am a big fan of Dennis Cometti and Basil — both great commentators,” Mr McGowan said. “They do a great job, are both nice guys.”

Tourism Minister Paul Papalia said a GoFundMe page to get McGuire out of Victoria would fund the proposed trip west and even help wipe out WA’s debt.

“I am sure that the rest of the Victorian football public will fund getting rid of Eddie,” he said.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Neither of those links mention Supercars or Barbagallo. However, they are a reminder "Eddie" doesn't make the decisions:

Premier Mark McGowan told McGuire he did not need his advice and he should learn a thing or two from WA commentators Dennis Cometti and Basil Zempilas.

“I am a big fan of Dennis Cometti and Basil — both great commentators,” Mr McGowan said. “They do a great job, are both nice guys.”

Tourism Minister Paul Papalia said a GoFundMe page to get McGuire out of Victoria would fund the proposed trip west and even help wipe out WA’s debt.

“I am sure that the rest of the Victorian football public will fund getting rid of Eddie,” he said.

Thats where Jeff Browne fits in, you know who he is, Eddie wanted him on the AFL Commission , he said no because he wanted to live in WA, his new wife funded the takeover of SEN, well connected Collingwood supporter, done a bit for both the V8s & the AFL, MD at 9.

& on those quotes you dont smell a publicity stunt do you

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
FTA on 10, Tourism WA opening the purse strings .... good result, still need AFL on board in 2020.

Network 10 to air Pirtek Perth SuperNight races live
Network 10 will telecast both races of the Pirtek Perth SuperNight live.

The Barbagallo weekend had originally been slated as one of 10’s highlights-only events, but will now also be simulcast live with Fox Sports.

The network’s Friday and Saturday telecasts will both start at 2030 AEST, with race start scheduled for 2045 AEST for each of Races 11 and 12 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship.

More: https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/04/22/network-10-to-air-pirtek-perth-supernight-races-live/

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
FTA on 10, Tourism WA opening the purse strings .... good result, still need AFL on board in 2020.

Network 10 to air Pirtek Perth SuperNight races live
Network 10 will telecast both races of the Pirtek Perth SuperNight live.

The Barbagallo weekend had originally been slated as one of 10’s highlights-only events, but will now also be simulcast live with Fox Sports.

The network’s Friday and Saturday telecasts will both start at 2030 AEST, with race start scheduled for 2045 AEST for each of Races 11 and 12 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship.

More: https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/04/22/network-10-to-air-pirtek-perth-supernight-races-live/

Do you even read these articles?

Scotty Pye be like
tumblr_nr904njl581qz7otto9_540.gif

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Why would the AFL give a ****? They're a giant and Supercars is a small bear. If this happened it'd be because Supercars scheduled around them and put a race on Sunday night.

Bump to your cynicism Bomba, this weekend we've had the Eagles on Thursday night with Origin2 on Sunday.
Shock/horror, its not all about AFL footy. NRL are more like a direct competitor than Supercars.

Yeh I know I'm an optimist.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Jetstar Melbourne - Busselton 3 days a week from March next year could make it easier for tourists to Optus and/or Barbagallo.
Time for a surf at Yallingup & the odd fine wine at Margaret River on the way in or the way out - hello WA Tourism, pulled some great crowds for international soccer & the Bledisloe Cup, more effort please for Barbagallo.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jetstar Melbourne - Busselton 3 days a week from March next year could make it easier for tourists to Optus and/or Barbagallo.
Time for a surf at Yallingup & the odd fine wine at Margaret River on the way in or the way out - hello WA Tourism, pulled some great crowds for international soccer & the Bledisloe Cup, more effort please for Barbagallo.

I can’t see the V8 crowd enjoying the “odd fine wine”.
ever.
And are WA tourism paying me to fly Jetstar?
Because I’ve flown Jetstar, and they need to pay me to repeat the experience.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I can’t see the V8 crowd enjoying the “odd fine wine”.
ever.
And are WA tourism paying me to fly Jetstar?
Because I’ve flown Jetstar, and they need to pay me to repeat the experience.

Not everyone shares your point of view. Not everyone can afford/choose to pay full fare.

Back