• Coulthard/DAlberto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winterbottom/Richards

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Coulthard incedent needs to be reviewed because it was a terrible look and gave Whincup and McLaughlin an advantage late in the race, but I
can't see how they can prove that Coulthard slowing down effected the result of the race.
I don't think anything will come of it other than perhaps a rule change for next season (not sure what that could be) and perhaps a fine for DJR/Penske.

The Coulthard incedent needs to be reviewed because it was a terrible look and gave Whincup and McLaughlin an advantage late in the race, but I
can't see how they can prove that Coulthard slowing down effected the result of the race.
I don't think anything will come of it other than perhaps a rule change for next season (not sure what that could be) and perhaps a fine for DJR/Penske.
I’m hearing that the team orders must have been given to Fabs when he was out of the car. Nothing in the comms between his team and him when he was in the car. It seems unlikely that he’d just do it as spur of the moment type of stuff.

Any chance safety car laps could be amended to not count.
Finishing under safety car or only having 1 racing lap left is completely stupid.
Stuffed what was a great race.
That opens up a myriad of other problems. Plus, who wanted to watch two extra laps of follow the leader because SVG had nothing behind ScottyMac in the Mustang over that final lap.

So why are the stewards re-opening the case to look at the impact it had on the race if it was such a nothing incident?
It wasn't a nothing incident, nowhere did I say that.

Boxhead is very appropriate

Any chance safety car laps could be amended to not count.
Finishing under safety car or only having 1 racing lap left is completely stupid.
Stuffed what was a great race.
Straw clutching at it's finest.

The thing is, the one who was really penalised was Fabian.

It actually gave JW and Shane a chance to win as well.

Scott McLaughlin’s controversial win in the Supercars Championship: Bathurst 1000 race has drawn an average of 911,000 metro viewers to Ten, with 1.19m tuning in for the final twenty minutes of the race.

According to Ten figures, an average of 818,000 metro viewers watched the entire event, which ran from approximately 11.45am to 6.19pm. The race ran long, which meant the coded wrap-up didn’t air afterwards, resulting in a slight differentiation in the actual figures from the reported OzTam results.

The thing is, the one who was really penalised was Fabian.

It actually gave JW and Shane a chance to win as well.
Would McLaughlin have been able to fuel save as much as he did id SVG was right on his bumper?
Everyone behind Fabian had their race compromised by DJR team orders

That opens up a myriad of other problems. Plus, who wanted to watch two extra laps of follow the leader because SVG had nothing behind ScottyMac in the Mustang over that final lap.
What are the myriad of other problems?
The last point seems like a biased point of view and is not a reason to change it.

Fuel, race time, distance travelled, deliberately crashing a car to close a gap for your.
I get the first few points but I don’t think they are much of an issue.
For example race time, if the race had to finish early they’d still have race the same amount as if the safety car also counted.
(The bolder bit) As opposed to what fabs did?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the myriad of other problems?
The last point seems like a biased point of view and is not a reason to change it.
It's not really, the aerowash was so bad no one could really overtake all day.

The car that won the race was the car that should have won over the balance of the whole weekend and even race day.

I suspect they'll take team points away though, it wasn't a good look. Unless of course DJR can show data that proves their point, which I doubt they will.

In the end, Coulthard was penalised, it had nothing to do with Scotty.

Would McLaughlin have been able to fuel save as much as he did id SVG was right on his bumper?
Everyone behind Fabian had their race compromised by DJR team orders
SVG couldn't get to his bumper because he was also fuel saving. It screwed Whincup a bit but it actually brought SVG back into the race when he was in as bad a spot as Scotty.

It'll cost them some team points but to exclude Car 17 would be one of the more ludicrous decisions they've made..... and they've made a few.

It's not really, the aerowash was so bad no one could really overtake all day.

The car that won the race was the car that should have won over the balance of the whole weekend and even race day.

I suspect they'll take team points away though, it wasn't a good look. Unless of course DJR can show data that proves their point, which I doubt they will.

In the end, Coulthard was penalised, it had nothing to do with Scotty.
You’re looking at it from the point of view thinking I’m bringing it up because Scotty won.
It’s got nothing to do with that.
Maybe it’s my speedway background but it just seems stupid that the laps count.
Did you enjoy Percat wining in Adelaide under the safety car?

FTA 10 ratings:

Ten’s broadcast of the Bathurst 1000 Supercars Championship was successful in the ratings and advertising demographics. The Shoot Out session topped the key advertising demographics of the 18 to 49s and 25 to 54s, and attracted 461,000 metro viewers. The Support 1, Support 2 and Support 3 sessions also brought in 221,000, 245,000 and 314,000 metro viewers respectively.

Ten’s network share for Saturday was 14.1% and its weekly ratings share was 18%.

Would NOT include the regionals I'd guess.

You’re looking at it from the point of view thinking I’m bringing it up because Scotty won.
It’s got nothing to do with that.
Maybe it’s my speedway background but it just seems stupid that the laps count.
Did you enjoy Percat wining in Adelaide under the safety car?
I didn't enjoy it but those are the rules. You can't penalise a guy who's done absolutely nothing wrong.

Back