• Coulthard/DAlberto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winterbottom/Richards

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a big fan of flat track dirt speedway where specs dictate that all bikes are the same . Wins are decided by bravery , choosing the right dirt lines to get traction and luck I guess. On topic . Are Supercars equal or big money teams have better access to tech and parts .?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BMW factory drive, he'd be crazy to pass it up IMHO.

I don't agree with FROGGY's suggestion of not making safety car laps count. It's the Bathurst 1000, not Bathurst 1072.

The hesitancy to allow the race to finish under the safety car is giving me the shits. Compromising the race procedures for tv decisions I think is BS. For once, I'd like to see an incident occur which leads the last 3 laps to end after safety, just to see everyone meltdown then get over it.

I don't agree with FROGGY's suggestion of not making safety car laps count. It's the Bathurst 1000, not Bathurst 1072.

The hesitancy to allow the race to finish under the safety car is giving me the shits. Compromising the race procedures for tv decisions I think is BS. For once, I'd like to see an incident occur which leads the last 3 laps to end after safety, just to see everyone meltdown then get over it.

Good point . The safety car seemed to go for one lap to many. They already passed the car that was pulled to the other side. Anyways why not start them from going up the hill . One and three quarter laps. SC coulda slid off to the side real quick. It was manufactured in a way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wonder if they'll dq djr. That sure would be something.

More likely to be heavy fine, stripping of points, and points on the license.

But one has to wonder if setting a heavy penalty here is worth making precedent, because they did try to fix the race.
I reckon it'll be a teams penalty.

There's almost no way they can say it determined the course of the race.

I reckon it'll be a teams penalty.

There's almost no way they can say it determined the course of the race.
It did actually. By backing the pack up, it meant that SM pitted and the front and stayed at the front. Otherwise he would have come in, and possibly got stuck in the crowd of drivers that elected to continue. That could have been the race, especially if he came out after Whincup inbetween traffic, which happened in the previous pit stop under yellow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It did actually. By backing the pack up, it meant that SM pitted and the front and stayed at the front. Otherwise he would have come in, and possibly got stuck in the crowd of drivers that elected to continue. That could have been the race, especially if he came out after Whincup inbetween traffic, which happened in the previous pit stop under yellow.
Ridiculous statement.

If Fabs keeps the 10 car lengths and Scotty has a better stop he STILL comes out in front of everyone. SVG had ample laps to have a crack at him and failed, and Whincup couldn't even get past the WAU car who was saving fuel.

T8 have done this on more than one occasion and not been penalised. They didn't even appeal the decision this time.

The fact that you used the words "possibly" and "could have" in your argument for why the djr/penske decision determined the outcome of the race suggests to me the review outcome will be a team penalty nothing more. It needs to be determined without a shadow of a doubt that fixing occurred and Fabian's car had no overheating issue. Any slight doubt about that and it'll be a fine

Ridiculous statement.

If Fabs keeps the 10 car lengths and Scotty has a better stop he STILL comes out in front of everyone. SVG had ample laps to have a crack at him and failed, and Whincup couldn't even get past the WAU car who was saving fuel.

T8 have done this on more than one occasion and not been penalised. They didn't even appeal the decision this time.
Exactly. Skaifey has already come out this morning to declare Scotty will keep his title. Although he seems to be the most positive person in Australia so can't always tell. Rule changes might need to happen to stop repeat offenders though

Yep.

No one is saying it should have been allowed, but the fact it's happened many times before is a joke.

Yep.

No one is saying it should have been allowed, but the fact it's happened many times before is a joke.
Probably the one downside to this wonderful sport is the ambiguity in determining whether a team fixed or had genuine intentions. That's why I reckon repeat offenders need to be looked at going forward. Fabian to his credit has a good history and there could possibly have been an issue with the car. Exploiting that issue to avoid double stacking was poor form from djr penske so they should be on notice now

Wrong, even at that point and with a full tank of fuel, everyone had to fuel save or pit again for fuel, like Whincup did at the next SC. Everyone had to pit.

Same, it was tongue in check at one of the arguments the haters of SC use, crowds and watchers are dying.
Bathurst is Bathurst though, people will always watch.

TCR is the future.

Back