2019 Best 22! Guestimation

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, it's pretty close to the team we played several times earlier in the year with JK, Darling, Waterman and Lycett. Only Allen is a much better player than Waterman.

Not sure he has the tank to run down to half back and lay tackles though

Get the feeling Allen/brander will be plugging gaps until JK retires

May be a spot down back though if Schofield goes by 2020 as well

It's going to be a powerful side. Just shore up the ruck division and maybe add another mid.

We'll make a mess of a few sides at the House of Pain.

FB: Sheppard Barrass Duggan

HB: Hurn Mclovin Jetta

C: Gaff Redden Hutchings

HF: Ryan Darling Cripps

FF: Rioli Kennedy Venables

Fol: Vardy Shuey Yeo

Int: Ruckman (Hopefully Lobb) Sheed Schofield Waterman

It's going to be a powerful side. Just shore up the ruck division and maybe add another mid.

We'll make a mess of a few sides at the House of Pain.
Well Tim Kelly and Rory Lobb resolve that, i dont know if we have picks to get both

All of a sudden you start worrying about losing good players through lack of opportunity
had same thoughts...but playing on the fringe of a premiership side, in a top club, with a strong shot at deep finals footy over next few years, is far better than moving on perhaps?
Nah rush Nic 2019 Hes 28 years old turning 29 next year now or never
also think he needs to lose some weight, too heavy-always looks like an injury waiting to happen!?
He's a great athlete, an A-grade ruckman, but does he really need to be the human wrecking ball?
keep him leaping, lean and fast...
After Scofields finals I'd have him in the team.
He played with class in a Grand final, has a medal now, is ageing, so not too bad being 2nd fiddle. Even our depth is quality!

Last edited:
B: Sheppard, Barrass, Cole
HB: Hurn, McGov, Duggan
C: Gaff, Redden, Kelly
HF: Allen, Darling, Rioli
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Cripps
R: Vardy, Shuey, Yeo
INT: Sheed, Jetta, Venables, Hickey/Roughead

Backline depth: Schofield, Watson, Nelson, Brander
Midfield depth: Hutchings, Ah Chee, Masten, Brayshaw, Petrucelle, Ainsworth, Rotham, Partington
Forward depth: Lecras, Waterman, Brander, J Cameron, M Allen
Ruck depth: naitanui who will take the new rucks recruit hopefully by the end of the year

Incredibly balanced 22 there, probably the most balanced eagles team there's ever been. Batting deep in terms of depth almost everywhere.

Definitely need to recruit a young ruck to develop along with the obvious stop gap til nic nat comes back.

Will recruit Cameron which will add a bit more depth to our small fwd stocks.

Probably also need to recruit a young KPD to develop as I can't see Brander playing defence long term, if at all unless through necessity.

Love it!

The good thing is with so many young players, and the older guys who missed out there will be a huge hunger within the group to have a huge preseason and go Back to Back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what Ah Chee can achieve in 2019. Any chance he could break into the team?

Probably fighting Lecras, Allen, Venables for that last spot in the forward line. Doubt he could break into the midfield.

I can see next year as being similar to '18 with the push for younger players to get games. And a best 22-25 not seen until late year. Whose unlikely to crack a game at all?

Karpany
Mutimer
M. Allen
Partington
Rotham
+ Rookies

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The good thing is with so many young players, and the older guys who missed out there will be a huge hunger within the group to have a huge preseason and go Back to Back!
This...!
Adding Kelly would make life even tougher for Ah Chee
Will be interesting to see the training and preseason games, who emerges...
AhChee was tracking along okay, seemed a readymade mid, yet didn't get the call over the finals/GF,
with Gaff gone and team needing the skills of Sheed.
Maybe if Lecca goes...? Otherwise he's good depth.

B: Sheppard, Barrass, Cole
HB: Hurn, McGov, Duggan
C: Gaff, Redden, Kelly
HF: Allen, Darling, Rioli
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Cripps
R: Vardy, Shuey, Yeo
INT: Sheed, Jetta, Venables, Hickey/Roughead

Backline depth: Schofield, Watson, Nelson, Brander
Midfield depth: Hutchings, Ah Chee, Masten, Brayshaw, Petrucelle, Ainsworth, Rotham, Partington
Forward depth: Lecras, Waterman, Brander, J Cameron, M Allen
Ruck depth: naitanui who will take the new rucks recruit hopefully by the end of the year

Incredibly balanced 22 there, probably the most balanced eagles team there's ever been. Batting deep in terms of depth almost everywhere.

Definitely need to recruit a young ruck to develop along with the obvious stop gap til nic nat comes back.

Will recruit Cameron which will add a bit more depth to our small fwd stocks.
That list and depth is almost insane, and evolving of course...imagine if we could keep a fit NN on the park, relatively uninjured for a season or two!
park for
Probably also need to recruit a young KPD to develop as I can't see Brander playing defence long term, if at all unless through necessity.
That list, the potential, and depth is almost insane..imagine if we could keep a fit NN on the park, relatively uninjured for a season or two!

also think he needs to lose some weight, too heavy-always looks like an injury waiting to happen!?
He's a great athlete, an A-grade ruckman, but does he really need to be the human wrecking ball?
keep him leaping, lean and fast...

he's already cut a weights session for an agility session, i think those fijian genetics probably play a factor

I can see next year as being similar to '18 with the push for younger players to get games. And a best 22-25 not seen until late year. Whose unlikely to crack a game at all?

Karpany
Mutimer
M. Allen
Partington
Rotham
+ Rookies

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Karpany Parts and Allen probably wont be here next year

Rotham was probably getting close... might've played last year when we had JK and Darling out with Gov forward (v. Giants) but he was injured

Out of the rookies i'd say Watson will debut

also when you're an athlete and you cant run you probably end up doing more weighs
that's what happened in his downtime, he really pushed himself..
but watching all that weight/muscle leap up in the air/crashing packs and falling earthward
gives me the jitters...waiting for something to go snap.(as speccy as it is)
it was funny to hear hickey say it was a scary prospect facing him each time..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back