Strategy 2019 - Best 22 & Player Discussion

yyou

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
this has become quite depressing after the 2 scratch matches.
The Pies were undermanned in the midfield & wc have a plodding midfield besides shuey, yet killed us.
I agree that Hughes has, shown signs, particularly upfield, so I'm surprised people are slotting him in defense.
Also, Langdon has been a bit down, yet hasn't been mentioned much. When he did play a bit better in the Collingwood game, we looked a lot better. I'd venture so far as to suggest he is somewhat of a barometer for our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go_the_dockers

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
The Pies were undermanned in the midfield & wc have a plodding midfield besides shuey, yet killed us.
I agree that Hughes has, shown signs, particularly upfield, so I'm surprised people are slotting him in defense.
Also, Langdon has been a bit down, yet hasn't been mentioned much. When he did play a bit better in the Collingwood game, we looked a lot better. I'd venture so far as to suggest he is somewhat of a barometer for our team.
We were missing Fyfe, Blakely, S Hill, Bennell plus B Hill for the 2nd half of the Eagles game.

These are 5 of our top 8 mids, and we have no midfield depth.

and we have played Collingwood and the Eagles, last years premiers. We will get a better idea after we play North at home.

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
For round 1 reckon we will see something like...

Hughes Hamling Ryan
Wilson Pearce Cerra
B. Hill Mundy Langdon
Matera Hogan Walters
McCarthy Lobb Ballantyne
Darcy Brayshaw Fyfe
Banfield Conca Colyer Tucker
Obviously not our best 22, but I expect a good showing from that squad.

go_the_dockers

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Hughes Hamling Ryan
Wilson Pearce Duman
B. Hill Mundy Langdon
Cerra Hogan Walters
McCarthy Lobb Schultz
Darcy Brayshaw Fyfe
Banfield Conca Tucker Bewley

In once fit: Logue, S HIll, Bennell, Switta, Cox, Blakely

PS - Our depth is starting to look very average. Once we get a few injuries, I struggle to find 22 players I like.

PS - I don't want McCarthy in my side, and I have a big question marks on Bewley as well.

Monument Hills

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wildcats Cockburn Watersliders
R1 for me (but I know Ballas will be in there):

Hughes Hamling Ryan
Wilson Pearce Duman
B. Hill Mundy Langdon
Cerra Hogan Walters
Lobb Tabs Schultz
Darcy Brayshaw Fyfe
Banfield Conca Tucker Colyer

Monument Hills

All Australian
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wildcats Cockburn Watersliders
Colyer is worse than ballas. Yeah our depth is shit
It's not worth arguing with you since at least 3-5 of these players are probably going to do a soft tissue injury before R1 except to say colyer doesn't slip over. So that's a big tick for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Probably the 5 guys who aren't injured. Bit of a raffle that.

Without injuries:

Hogan
Walters
Cox
Fyfe
Taberner/McCarthy (depending on selection)
Only one under 192cm. And he plays midfield mostly. Speaks volumes about our diversity up there.

AFL Club
Fremantle
He wasn't quiet at all...
JLT rd 1: 23 disposals (9 contested) @ 65%
JLT rd 2: 21 disposals (4 contested) @ 90%

maybe not as noticeable as he usually has around 10 marks which he didn't either game, and wasn't tackling as much as usual either? hopefully instructed not to to prevent injury!

Last edited:

tonygeeks

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting RE lobb, what % of ruck do you see him playing with darcey
40/60 probably , but I would like to see 100% centre square and forward plus 20% with Darcy doing most of his work around the ground

It sounds like you are asking from a fantasy perspective rather than a football one and I don't know anything about fantasy ... or probably football for that matter

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
No chance if the likes of hughes matera colyer tucker giro ballas nyhuis banfield under serious consideration
Think thats real rough on Hughes and Tucker. Two of our best in JLT and both have played some really high quality games for us in the past.
Hughes certainly has some limitations around his ball use, but then again so did Ibbo and he was elite for us.
Tucker I can't really see an argument against? Has all the tools just hasn't put it together that consistently in the 2 years hes been on an AFL list?

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think thats real rough on Hughes and Tucker. Two of our best in JLT and both have played some really high quality games for us in the past.
Hughes certainly has some limitations around his ball use, but then again so did Ibbo and he was elite for us.
Tucker I can't really see an argument against? Has all the tools just hasn't put it together that consistently in the 2 years hes been on an AFL list?
I like Tucker tagging. Has trouble finding the ball but the oppo gun mids will lead him straight to it. Banners did a good job doing it for a first year player, but he has no trouble finding the ball himself.

Top Bottom