Round 1:
Ryan Hamling Wilson
Hughes A.Pearce Conca
B.Hill Fyfe E.Langdon
Walters Hogan Cerra
Ballantyne Lobb Banfield
Darcy Brayshaw Mundy
Int: Tucker, Duman, Schultz, Colyer

Geez we are going miss some of our depth. Really light on for talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Round 1:
Ryan Hamling Wilson
Hughes A.Pearce Conca
B.Hill Fyfe E.Langdon
Walters Hogan Cerra
Ballantyne Lobb Banfield
Darcy Brayshaw Mundy
Int: Tucker, Duman, Schultz, Colyer

Geez we are going miss some of our depth. Really light on for talls.
Very close I reckon. Schultz in front of Giro is an interesting one, and they might go with another ruckman.

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Celtics - The Brew Crew
It is so, so bloody frustrating that after we spent all summer fapping over a new-look, KPF-laden fwdline we're regressing back to the exact same fwd setup as the last few years. If Hogan plays up the ground and Lobb shares ruck duties we'll actually be even smaller than previous years.

Losing tabs and cox (shit, Dixon too) at the same time is absolutely ******* brutal

Very close I reckon. Schultz in front of Giro is an interesting one, and they might go with another ruckman.
Jones or Meek. God help us. You're probably right though, we're kind of forced to so that Lobb can stay fwd not to mention Darcy being short of a gallop

AFL Club
Fremantle
If McCarthy cant get a game with this injury list we may as well delist him and pick up a mature age recruit (are we allowed to do that with the rule changes?). Him, Hogan and Lobb with Lobb rotating through the ruck is fine. Do not want to carry a ruckman who plays for like 40% of the game (at most) and does nothing else.

Would be shocked if we did that tbh.

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Celtics - The Brew Crew
If McCarthy cant get a game with this injury list we may as well delist him and pick up a mature age recruit (are we allowed to do that with the rule changes?). Him, Hogan and Lobb with Lobb rotating through the ruck is fine. Do not want to carry a ruckman who plays for like 40% of the game (at most) and does nothing else.

The sad thing is i didn't even forget about Cam, he's just not worth talking about right now

AFL Club
Fremantle
The sad thing is i didn't even forget about Cam, he's just not worth talking about right now
Yeah, more in response to RGauci above. As much as we hang shit on Dardy, he has been in our top few goal scorers every year we've had him (speaks more about us if we're being honest but still)...

He'll play rd 1 at this stage and he should be fine as the third tall, will be good having a whole two players (bhill) who know how to hit a leading forward

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle

Yeah I'm with you. And Darcy can always rest forward at times and play that big tall target to at least bring the ball to ground role if we need it when Lobb is rucking. Plus we have Fyfe, Mundy and Walters all pushing forward... plenty of targets. I'll be a bit surprised if they don't give McCarthy a shot as the 3rd tall in Rd 1 - seems like the ideal time to give it a try. Three good kicks across half forward, 1 in the middle, and 1 on the wing...

B Hughes ~ Hamling ~ Ryan
HB Wilson ~ Pearce ~ Duman
C Langdon ~ Fyfe ~ BHill
R Darcy ~ Conca ~ Walters
HF Mundy ~ Hogan ~ McCarthy
F Banfield ~ Lobb ~ Ballantyne
I/C Tucker ~ Brayshaw ~ Cerra ~ Giro

EMG Colyer ~ Nyhuis ~ Jones ~ Shultz ~ Bewley ~ North (that's all we have available)

UYD 4 Life

Senior List
AFL Club
Fremantle
Round 1- how i think they will line up
B Hughes ~ Hamling ~ Ryan
HB Wilson ~ Pearce ~ Conca
C Langdon ~ Fyfe ~ BHill
R Darcy ~ Brayshaw ~ Mundy
HF Walters ~ Hogan ~ McCarthy
F Banfield ~ Lobb ~ Ballantyne
I/C Tucker ~ Colyer ~ Cerra ~ Giro

If everyone was fit what i would like to see
B Logue ~ Hamling ~ Ryan
HB Wilson ~ Pearce ~ Conca
C Langdon ~ Fyfe ~ BHill
R Sandi ~ Brayshaw ~ Mundy
HF Walters ~ Hogan ~ Cox
F Banfield ~ Lobb ~ Switta
I/C Hill ~ Bennell ~ Cerra ~ Blakely

AFL Club
Fremantle
I like Tucker tagging. Has trouble finding the ball but the oppo gun mids will lead him straight to it. Banners did a good job doing it for a first year player, but he has no trouble finding the ball himself.
Thats kind of what I was trying to get at. Has done very well in JLT and can't see why having him in the team would mean we're in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd hate for Hamling or Pearce to go down in the first quarter of Rd 1. Hughes as a KD scares the shit out of me.
Loads of sides only really have the 1 KPD now days anyway and a bunch of 190+cm guys, albeit they're normally a bit better than Hughes/Ryan defensively. At least we have cover for the deepest/most dangerous forward.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
Think thats real rough on Hughes and Tucker. Two of our best in JLT and both have played some really high quality games for us in the past.
Hughes certainly has some limitations around his ball use, but then again so did Ibbo and he was elite for us.
Tucker I can't really see an argument against? Has all the tools just hasn't put it together that consistently in the 2 years hes been on an AFL list?
Yeah some recent form is all well and good (and apologies to Bailey for lumping him in this group) but that’s a lot of modest contributors that need to perform at the top of their range all at the same time. I don’t see match winners should Fyfe cop a tag which I’m sure he will and no Sandi. I’d be quietly confident if I was North.

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue - Hamling - Ryan
Wilson - APearce - Cerra
Langdon - Mundy - BHill
Walters - Hogan -
Switta
Ballas - Lobb - Banfield

Darcy - Fyfe - Brayshaw

Conca - Tucker - Coyler - Giro

If Logue and Switta get up then we're rollling with a B22 that is pretty close to full strength. SHill, Blakely, Tabs/Cox.

Just got to get a good start to the season before SHill and Blakely come back.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
It is pretty clear that with the loss of Neale the club did their best to bring in some mature bodies with the potential to fill some of that gap. Not only Colyer, but Bewley and Schultz too, and they also maouvered to get Valente as a physically ready to go draftee.

I think their comments about trading in players who are best 22 needs to be taken in the context of the club being in a situation where the idea of a fixed best 22 is not productive with such a young and emerging list. So far he doesn't seem to be one of the best 22 players at the club, but is plug and play in the best 22 pending injuries and availability. Things may change, but I think he is 25-30 on the list of best players. Been a bit disappointing for me.

Top Bottom