Strategy 2019 - Best 22 & Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Heaps to work with.

Forwards - Hogan, Tabs, Lobb, Cox, Sturt
Smalls - Walters, Matera (best season for the club) Henry

Backline for the next 10 years - Peace, Hamling, Logue, Ryan, Wilson

Rucks - Darcy, Lobb

Our weak link is obviously the midfield. Need the kids to have a massive pre season, especially - Brayshaw, Cerra, Valente, Tucker.

If those kids don't progress fast, our midfield will be worse than this season. Having no outside speed hurts, but I personally don't think the list is as bad as people make it out to be. With #5 & #6, we have a lot to work with

Heaps to work with.

Forwards - Hogan, Tabs, Lobb, Cox, Sturt
Smalls - Walters, Matera (best season for the club) Henry

Backline for the next 10 years - Peace, Hamling, Logue, Ryan, Wilson

Rucks - Darcy, Lobb

Our weak link is obviously the midfield. Need the kids to have a massive pre season, especially - Brayshaw, Cerra, Valente, Tucker.

If those kids don't progress fast, our midfield will be worse than this season. Having no outside speed hurts, but I personally don't think the list is as bad as people make it out to be. With #5 & #6, we have a lot to work with
Great post - I agree with the optimism. We can also add Dixon to that forward group based on what we saw tonight. I just wish the majority of them could stay healthy and on the park together for once!

I'm not sure where our list management sits now in relation to the 'rebuild' and Lyon departing. Given the events of last week, do we still go hard for Kelly, or in the event that Langdon and Hill leave, do we look to accumulate valuable draft picks and use the 'grace period' the new coach will receive to hit this years draft hard and build our quality of depth instead?

This is the biggest silver lining of Ross' sacking in my opinion. Building upon our quality of depth with less public expectation next year is an opportunity we should take.

Last edited:
This is the biggest silver lining of Ross' sacking in my opinion. Building upon our quality of depth with less public expectation next year is an opportunity we should take.
I’m struggling with this idea. Seems to be saying we are better off building depth than reaching potential and contending.

What we are currently looking at is the possibility that we have just extended our rebuilding by 2-3 years, after which our two best players enter the twilight of their careers.

I wouldn’t be getting rid of Nyhuis any time soon.
Agreed. There are plenty of defenders playing in good teams that hardly touch the ball. Ben Stratton to name one. Depending on our matchups, Nyhuis is great to have come in and lock down a dangerous small-mid forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back