Strategy 2019 - Best 22 & Player Discussion

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Interesting RE lobb, what % of ruck do you see him playing with darcey

40/60 probably , but I would like to see 100% centre square and forward plus 20% with Darcy doing most of his work around the ground

It sounds like you are asking from a fantasy perspective rather than a football one and I don't know anything about fantasy ... or probably football for that matter

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
No chance if the likes of hughes matera colyer tucker giro ballas nyhuis banfield under serious consideration
Think thats real rough on Hughes and Tucker. Two of our best in JLT and both have played some really high quality games for us in the past.
Hughes certainly has some limitations around his ball use, but then again so did Ibbo and he was elite for us.
Tucker I can't really see an argument against? Has all the tools just hasn't put it together that consistently in the 2 years hes been on an AFL list?

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think thats real rough on Hughes and Tucker. Two of our best in JLT and both have played some really high quality games for us in the past.
Hughes certainly has some limitations around his ball use, but then again so did Ibbo and he was elite for us.
Tucker I can't really see an argument against? Has all the tools just hasn't put it together that consistently in the 2 years hes been on an AFL list?
I like Tucker tagging. Has trouble finding the ball but the oppo gun mids will lead him straight to it. Banners did a good job doing it for a first year player, but he has no trouble finding the ball himself.

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Round 1:
Ryan Hamling Wilson
Hughes A.Pearce Conca
B.Hill Fyfe E.Langdon
Walters Hogan Cerra
Ballantyne Lobb Banfield
Darcy Brayshaw Mundy
Int: Tucker, Duman, Schultz, Colyer

Geez we are going miss some of our depth. Really light on for talls.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Round 1:
Ryan Hamling Wilson
Hughes A.Pearce Conca
B.Hill Fyfe E.Langdon
Walters Hogan Cerra
Ballantyne Lobb Banfield
Darcy Brayshaw Mundy
Int: Tucker, Duman, Schultz, Colyer

Geez we are going miss some of our depth. Really light on for talls.

Very close I reckon. Schultz in front of Giro is an interesting one, and they might go with another ruckman.

If McCarthy cant get a game with this injury list we may as well delist him and pick up a mature age recruit (are we allowed to do that with the rule changes?). Him, Hogan and Lobb with Lobb rotating through the ruck is fine. Do not want to carry a ruckman who plays for like 40% of the game (at most) and does nothing else.

Would be shocked if we did that tbh.

The sad thing is i didn't even forget about Cam, he's just not worth talking about right now
Yeah, more in response to RGauci above. As much as we hang s**t on Dardy, he has been in our top few goal scorers every year we've had him (speaks more about us if we're being honest but still)...

He'll play rd 1 at this stage and he should be fine as the third tall, will be good having a whole two players (bhill) who know how to hit a leading forward

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
If McCarthy cant get a game with this injury list we may as well delist him and pick up a mature age recruit (are we allowed to do that with the rule changes?). Him, Hogan and Lobb with Lobb rotating through the ruck is fine. Do not want to carry a ruckman who plays for like 40% of the game (at most) and does nothing else.

Would be shocked if we did that tbh.
Yeah I'm with you. And Darcy can always rest forward at times and play that big tall target to at least bring the ball to ground role if we need it when Lobb is rucking. Plus we have Fyfe, Mundy and Walters all pushing forward... plenty of targets. I'll be a bit surprised if they don't give McCarthy a shot as the 3rd tall in Rd 1 - seems like the ideal time to give it a try. Three good kicks across half forward, 1 in the middle, and 1 on the wing...

B Hughes ~ Hamling ~ Ryan
HB Wilson ~ Pearce ~ Duman
C Langdon ~ Fyfe ~ BHill
R Darcy ~ Conca ~ Walters
HF Mundy ~ Hogan ~ McCarthy
F Banfield ~ Lobb ~ Ballantyne
I/C Tucker ~ Brayshaw ~ Cerra ~ Giro

EMG Colyer ~ Nyhuis ~ Jones ~ Shultz ~ Bewley ~ North (that's all we have available)

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Round 1- how i think they will line up
B Hughes ~ Hamling ~ Ryan
HB Wilson ~ Pearce ~ Conca
C Langdon ~ Fyfe ~ BHill
R Darcy ~ Brayshaw ~ Mundy
HF Walters ~ Hogan ~ McCarthy
F Banfield ~ Lobb ~ Ballantyne