Preview 2019 Best and Fairest thread - Starts 7.30pm tonight 4th October

The general malaise has seen us almost forget about this event. I will have to post my top 10 I voted for before it starts as I have done my tally since about Rd 14.

Anyway here is the link to watch it live from 7.30pm and a rundown of events.

Join us from the Adelaide Convention Centre as we award our John Cahill and A.R. McLean medallists for season 2019.

KEY TIMINGS:

7:30pm – Live stream commences
7.35pm – Chairman's address - David Koch
7.45pm – Bob Clayton Award presented
7.55pm – Entree break
8.30pm – Gavin Wanganeen and John McCarthy Awards presented
8.45pm – Main break
9.25pm – Williams Awards presented
9.30pm – Matthew Lokan interview
9:35pm – SANFL B&F Awards
9.45pm - Dessert break
10.20pm – Ken Hinkley interview
10.30pm – AFL B&F Awards
10.45pm – Proceedings conclude

Last edited:
My votes for all 22 games, but North game I only gave Boak 2 and Robbie 1, were,

48 Boak............................ finished 1st
31 Lycett........................... finished 10th
21 DBJ.............................. finished 2nd
20 Rozee........................... finished 4th
19 Clurey and Robbie.......... finished 5th and 9th
17 Rockliff and Sam Gray.... finished 6th and ???
14 Houston and Westhoff..... finished 3rd and ???

I reckon Houston and DBJ will relatively do better than I voted.

Last edited:
The voting has changed from max of 25 to 20.

This year it's Hinkley + Voss + Davies + player's line coach.

Bloody hell, who votes for Hoff and players swung all over the place. Last year it was Hinkley+ Voss+ 3 line coaches.

How does the voting work?
For the John Cahill Medal, senior coach Ken Hinkley and senior assistant Michael Voss, as well as each player’s respective line coach, Nathan Bassett (forwards), Jarrad Schofield (midfield) and Brett Montgomery (defence), and General Manager – Football Chris Davies vote each players performance on a scale of 0-5. Therefore, a player can be awarded a maximum of 20 and minimum of zero votes for each match they play.

For the A.R. McLean Medal, all Port Adelaide SANFL coaches, including senior coach Matthew Lokan, development coaches Chad Cornes and Trent Hentschel, and SANFL manager Shane Grimm vote each players performance on a scale of 0-5. Therefore, a player can be awarded a maximum of 20 and minimum of zero votes for each match they play.

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I bought tickets just prior to the Kangaroos belting for the wife and I.

Fast forward to today and I’ve encountered the worst nausea and gut pain I’ve ever had, limped to the door but I just couldn’t make it in. If I wasn’t feeling so s**t I’d be livid with the complete irony of it.

Oh and don’t worry the Mrs found an alternate date in around .5 seconds! * me and * port

Back