Preview 2019 Best and Fairest thread - Starts 7.30pm tonight 4th October

Remove this Banner Ad

What an a*sehole. You finally.said something people agree with Hinkley. "People don't like me very much"
I'm right there as #1 on the #sackhinkley bandwagon.

But to say that I hate him is wrong. He seems to be a great guy and I can't hate him just because his opinions are different to mine. I just don't want him coaching my club. He is just not good enough, he has had his opportunity and failed. I'm sick of years of mediocrity, and whilst I want him sacked for it, that doesn't mean I hate him.

The concept we don't like him is most likely just wrong for majority. He's a fine person, he just shouldn't be our coach.

I'm right there as #1 on the #sackhinkley bandwagon.

But to say that I hate him is wrong. He seems to be a great guy and I can't hate him just because his opinions are different to mine. I just don't want him coaching my club. He is just not good enough, he has had his opportunity and failed. I'm sick of years of mediocrity, and whilst I want him sacked for it, that doesn't mean I hate him.

The concept we don't like him is most likely just wrong for majority. He's a fine person, he just shouldn't be our coach.
I don't like him, I don't like frauds

Not a bad effort from Conner, 4th in the BnF in his first year.
Better than Ollie he was 15th in his first year.

Ollie polled 41.2% of what Wingard polled to win in 2013. Connor polled 73.2% of what Boak polled to win in 2019.

The kid is a star. lets not * around his development and try and turn him into a HBFer. Forward and more midfield time in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Boak has 154 out of 340 possible votes = 45.3%

To put that into some perspective, when we had a dominate year in 2014 and Robbie Gray had one of the most dominate years I have seen a Port player have from SANFL days to AFL era, his 2014 season was on a par with Russell Ebert's 1976 (he got 42 Magarey medal votes from 22 games),

Robbie polled 398 votes out of a possible 750 votes in 25 games = 53.07%

He was so dominate that 2nd placed Boak only polled 64.1% of Robbie's total. In the other 5 years under Hinkley, the B&F 2nd vote place getter has polled between 89.6% (Wines in 2016) to 97.1% (Dixon in 2017) of the winner's total.
So lets do some comparisons now that voting has finished.

Boak got 179 out of max of 440 votes = 40.7% of maximum possible votes

Gray's effort of 53.07% of the maximum vote in 2014, equates to 233 votes out of 440 in 2019.

Boak got 179 which is 76.8% of 233 votes which is better than the 64.1% of Robbie's votes back in 2014.

DBJ's 168 votes or 93.8% of what Boak got, which is consistent with 2013 + 2015-2018 2nd place getters votes as a percentage of the winner.

Unlike the fruit-loops its very likely our top 10 will all still be here for 2020.
All bar 3 are a long way from hanging up the boots.
Lets take that as a positive.

Well done Travis.

Players older than 26 who didn't make the top 10:
Form: Westhoff (33), Ryder (31), Jonas (28), Motlop (28), S Gray (27)
Injury: Ebert (29), Broadbent (29), Hartlett (29), Dixon (29), Watts (28)
Selection: Trengove (28), McKenzie (27), Sutcliffe (27)

Obviously injury and selection kept many out.

Those who need to have a good hard look at themselves prior to 2020 are imo Westhoff, Jonas and Motlop.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Boaky . What a star .
Good effort by the other players in the top 10 .
No Westy , no Jonas , no Wines , no Howard , surprisingly no Amon, no Sam Gray, no Dixon , no Ryder , no Motlop, no Hartlett , imagine if the above fore mentioned had good years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back