Fantasy 2019 BigFooty NFL mock draft - sign-up and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

CasuallyDressed

The rules clearly state eight hours on the clock, you were given just over 19 hours to make a pick, and you have the capacity to send PMs to any person participating in the mock draft ahead of time with a list of players with your picks.

CasuallyDressed

The rules clearly state eight hours on the clock, you were given just over 19 hours to make a pick, and you have the capacity to send PMs to any person participating in the mock draft ahead of time with a list of players with your picks.

So someone makes their pick at 8pm... you're expected to make your pick by 4am?

Makes sense. :thumbsu:

So someone makes their pick at 8pm... you're expected to make your pick by 4am?

Makes sense. :thumbsu:
I agree with you regarding the times and some leeway should be given overnight, but also understand to PM if anyone is coming up soon.
I'm sure even a heads up on availability would have bought you some time too.

I agree with you regarding the times and some leeway should be given overnight, but also understand to PM if anyone is coming up soon.
I'm sure even a heads up on availability would have bought you some time too.

I don't think I need to PM someone to say that I work during the day so I go to bed fairly early.

It's the standard working adult schedule.

I don't think I need to PM someone to say that I work during the day so I go to bed fairly early.

It's more the "I'm coming up soon, if I'm not online when my pick is up can you pick a, b then c for me" PM I'm referring to.

Or you could just make your pick now and stop acting like a petulant child. You've missed your pick in a bigfooty mock draft, big deal. By your reckoning, we should estimate one month to go through the first round of the draft to fit within the "standard work schedule".

We all have busy lives, and heck, if we miss a pick because we are at work, sleep, surgery ect. we just pick up from where we left off.

No need to just throw your toys out of the pram because we want to keep the GAME moving.

I've was tempted to pick Abram about 10 picks ago with the Dolphins pick, and then again at the Ravens pick but I don't think either team would really pick a box safety like him even in the 3rd round. Good value for a team lacking safeties like the Texans though :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that Walker would be there for my Ravens pick at the end of the 3rd :(. I disagree that he would be a better off ball LB than an edge defender though.
I've read concerns about his size might have him better suited at LB, but LB or EDGE he'd fit a clear need at either spot in Washington.

I've read concerns about his size might have him better suited at LB, but LB or EDGE he'd fit a clear need at either spot in Washington.
At 6'2 250 he's as big as plenty of edge rushers are. They mean that he's too small to play 4-3 DE (where the prototypical DE is more Bosa-like at 6'4 270). At the time of the draft DeMarcus Lawrence was 6'3 251, Von Miller 6'3 246, Dee Ford 6'2 250 etc

While he was sent out in coverage a reasonable amount, and even played off the ball a few times a game for Georgia, he is imo an edge rusher that can cover, not a 4-3 SAM who occasionally rushes the passer. That said, I felt the same way about Jamie Collins and Anthony Barr, and they were both turned into 4-3 SAMs once they got into the NFL

Not good enough. :p

If you weren't running this thing you would have been auto-picked by now ;)

I humbly apologise.

One of the best bigfooty drafts I’ve seen.

Was going to question TCol trading out of 10 but he absolutely nailed the picks

Speak for yourself.. Broken not taking an edge rusher til the third round for us makes me angry.. 😉

Speak for yourself.. Broken not taking an edge rusher til the third round for us makes me angry.. 😉
Lol, I knew that'd come. Edge was #1 on my list but I felt I was reaching when the picks came around.

On the other hand, I think it's highly unlikely that in the real draft we'll only see one running back go inside the first 99 picks (I took Sanders with the 100th overall pick, and he was the second running back off the board).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back