Competitions 2019 Blues Board AFL Dream Team fantasy football.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
As Shakespeare wrote “All’s well that ends well”.

I haven’t looked at the game scores. I’ve sooked it up. My score was nowhere near good enough but, at least, I played the game in the right spirit. My captain, who was my captain on Thursday night and, whom I didn’t change, to get two attempts at captain managed to score 264. The same as my shifty opponent.

I’ve checked the Thursday night game. It’s Melbourne v Sydney.

Just be aware that your scores on a Thursday night may not match what you see on a Friday night.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mr_Plow

I’m disappointed but I understand it’s a younger generation thing. My son has explained it to me. He had Angus Brayshaw as his captain tonight and that didn’t work out well. He has to hope his second choice is better.

My opponent last week was Northern Irish Setters. I don’t think he’s a poster. Or he hasn’t owned up as one. He turned his vice captain Patrick Dangerfield into double points and I was stuck with Danger without the bonus. McRae matched Danger’s effort. I was never going to beat him so it was a waste of time. I had a little laugh to myself that he didn’t pick Lachie Whitfield as his captain. He would have ended up with 60 additional points!

I see you had a good start tonight. Heeney continued with his good form. Lloyd notched up heaps of contested possessions and Maxie had his best game for the year.

Best of luck for the season.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Mr_Plow

I’m disappointed but I understand it’s a younger generation thing. My son has explained it to me. He had Angus Brayshaw as his captain tonight and that didn’t work out well. He has to hope his second choice is better.

My opponent last week was Northern Irish Setters. I don’t think he’s a poster. Or he hasn’t owned up as one. He turned his vice captain Patrick Dangerfield into double points and I was stuck with Danger without the bonus. McRae matched Danger’s effort. I was never going to beat him so it was a waste of time. I had a little laugh to myself that he didn’t pick Lachie Whitfield as his captain. He would have ended up with 60 additional points!

I see you had a good start tonight. Heeney continued with his good form. Lloyd notched up heaps of contested possessions and Maxie had his best game for the year.

Best of luck for the season.

Rmh, I am very sorry for loopholing Lloyd's score. It's nothing personal at all, I meant no disrespect, purely business.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not even sure if I'll take that double 122, I have a feeling Trellllllllloaaaaaaar may go huge.

All the best for 2019 and beyond.

Regards,
Mr_Plow

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rmh, I am very sorry for loopholing Lloyd's score. It's nothing personal at all, I meant no disrespect, purely business.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not even sure if I'll take that double 122, I have a feeling Trellllllllloaaaaaaar may go huge.

All the best for 2019 and beyond.

Regards,
Mr_Plow
I like it. The mafia defence.:D

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mr_Plow

Our game was a bit like the game today. Closely contested and low scoring. Beams not playing and not having an emergency on the bench is a rookie mistake that I’ll not make again.

How’s my captain today? Who’d have thought Cripps would have a bigger game than Grundy. I back my judgement and it paid off. I’m 1-2 but I’m happy with my team. I’ll tinker a little but no wholesale changes. Good luck for the remainder of the year.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Mr_Plow

Our game was a bit like the game today. Closely contested and low scoring. Beams not playing and not having an emergency on the bench is a rookie mistake that I’ll not make again.

How’s my captain today? Who’d have thought Cripps would have a bigger game than Grundy. I back my judgement and it paid off. I’m 1-2 but I’m happy with my team. I’ll tinker a little but no wholesale changes. Good luck for the remainder of the year.

Was a great hard-fought contest. Great work backing Cripps as captain, and yeah the lack of an emergency probably got you in the end. I had the C on him in SuperCoach, thankfully.

I mostly play for overall rank and it has been a putrid start to the season. Getting the captain choice wrong weekly hurts. May as well just leave it on Cripps for the rest of the year, an absolute colossus.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Hello Blues, I'm thinking of picking up Liam Stocker in SuperCoach - what do you think of his job security and scoring potential from here and through the byes? Thanks in advance

Simpson comes back next week, likewise Plowman and probably Jones. Defence will have some reinforcements and someone will have to make way.

I really like what Stocker brings and would find a way to keep him in, not sure the coaching staff will see it that way, though.

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Simpson comes back next week, likewise Plowman and probably Jones. Defence will have some reinforcements and someone will have to make way.

I really like what Stocker brings and would find a way to keep him in, not sure the coaching staff will see it that way, though.
Cheers, I thought that might be the case :thumbsu:

Back