MVP 2019 Bob Skilton Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Rampe very well deserved, I was a bit worried after the crazy Lloyd decision last year.
I'm staggered that Lloyd didn't poll higher. This was his best ever season and he won last year. So where did he go wrong this year?

I'm staggered that Lloyd didn't poll higher. This was his best ever season and he won last year. So where did he go wrong this year?
Not sure that this was his best year, stats got pumped up this year by playing on from kick ins, which happened less before the rule changes

Clive Lloyd had more impact than Jake this year

Good seeing 6 of the top 10 being from that group of draftees from 2013-2015 in Hewett, Papley, Mills, Heeney, Aliir and Dawson. You’d suspect to be in flag contention we’d need a few from that group to really elevate themselves to a consistent standard to the point they could win the Skilton. A fit Buddy finishing in the top 10 would help.

Then that next crop of draftees from 2016 onward like Florent, Hayward, McCartin, Blakey and Rowbottom would be breaking through to the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think naming 2nd and 3rd after greats was a good touch by the club

Good choices too. They were helped out of an quandry of who to give it to with Kelly already having one named after him. But that allowed a South Melbourne legend and a Sydney legend to get the awards as probably two of the four best Swans ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back