Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
PAXwmDR.png

2019 Bondi Beach Flag Football Invitational

Flag Football is a modified rules version of American Football, where players wear a belt and have a velcro flag hanging from each hip. A tackle is made by removing a flag from the ball carrier. There is also a smaller field, less players, and a few other rule differences. This competition will take place on Australia's most famous beach.

The structure of this competition will depend on the number of entrants, but will likely consist of a short group stage followed by knockout finals, similar to the soccer world cup. The aim will be to have the competition run for less than a month.

Entrants will design 1 flag football uniform. That will consist of:

- A padless American Football style jersey
- Soccer style shorts
- A visor style cap
- A custom logo to be used on the shorts and visor, and jersey if desired. No borrowed logos

Because of the low contact nature of the sport, no pads or helmets are worn. Because this competition is held on the sand, no shoes or socks will be worn.

Here's how you will lay your logos out:

As with a couple of of my other quickfire competitions, we'll do a draft for location and primary colour to add to the fun and challenge.

This is the SIGN UP thread. Register your interest here, and you will go into the draft pool for primary colour and location.

I don't care how many people enter, the more the merrier. Everyone who registers interest is guaranteed a place.

I'll give 5 days for sign ups, so you've got until Friday the 12th of July to put your name down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So to clarify, will we be designing for cities/towns, or just teams?
You'll pick a location to be based out of in the draft, but how much you refer to your location in your branding is up to you.

A few days left to sign up for this one, the more the merrier

Spanna_ SparkleNarkle ScottFreo Cadaver fancyscum

Might have to pass on this one, sorry El_Scorcho. I'm hoping to focus on NAFLR and my schoolwork as well, unfortunately when I sign up for too many comps designing becomes a 'seventh subject' and I have trouble keeping on top of everything.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the comp though, good luck everyone! :thumbsu:

VCE Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design Unit 3 & 4
Might have to pass on this one, sorry El_Scorcho. I'm hoping to focus on NAFLR and my schoolwork as well, unfortunately when I sign up for too many comps designing becomes a 'seventh subject' and I have trouble keeping on top of everything.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the comp though, good luck everyone! :thumbsu:

Last edited:
VCE Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design Unit 3 & 4

On SM-G960U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If only...

Area of Study 1: The evolution of football jumpers 1859-2019

Area of Study 2: The processes involved in designing a jumper

Area of Study 3: Analysing the week-to-week changes in the AFL's jumper policies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back