AFL 2019 Brownlow Medal (after the result bets will get a ban)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
And also remember 2016 where he was a popular choice to finish top five or even place and he only ended up with about 10 votes. Gaff polled much more than expected.
Come to think of it reckon I did too. Not top 3 but winning Eags. His year now tho. I'm declaring a moral. Top for Eags. Multi lock

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I have Shuey topping the Eagles at the moment. In fact I have him at equal 6th overall in my count

Statistically he's having his best season of his career. Gaff worries me but. He can easily poll 3s in games where he gets 30+ disposals but people don't have him polling

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
best value Top 10 bets?

Luke Parker is mounting together a sensational season, reckon he could provide value on Brownlow night. He’s at $67 to win overall which is the same as Gawn and Brad Crouch who have no chance.

If he finishes the year well, Jack Billings should have a lot of early votes banked up to have a crack at the top ten, Rory Sloane likewise

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Luke Parker is mounting together a sensational season, reckon he could provide value on Brownlow night. He’s at $67 to win overall which is the same as Gawn and Brad Crouch who have no chance.

If he finishes the year well, Jack Billings should have a lot of early votes banked up to have a crack at the top ten, Rory Sloane likewise

based on the assumption 18+votes = top 10

I was looking at:

- Gaff $3
- Whitfield $7.50 (hes missed so many games but still should be on 10+ votes. might make a play on him next week as I dont think he will poll in first game back)
- Ziebell $41 (could be on around 10 votes and is in good form) Just talked myself into putting more on him whilst writing this. If you look at others on approx 10 votes they are all around $7 for top 10.

If they werent paying this much I wouldnt bet on them, but they offer value coming into the home stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
A lot of people spruiking Shuey have forgotten Sheed's season.
100% agree I thought sheed was the WCE dark horse and presents value for WCE most votes at $6 now, although slowly losing confidence as I think Gaff will top for them.

We will see tonight, Gaff polls well against Pies.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Tough game to pick the votes. At 3/4 time I had Yeo for 3, but he did absolutely nothing in the last. Treloar could get 3, with sidey and Pendles in the mix. None for Grundy tonight

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Tough game to pick the votes. At 3/4 time I had Yeo for 3, but he did absolutely nothing in the last. Treloar could get 3, with sidey and Pendles in the mix. None for Grundy tonight
De Goey was outstanding in the second half and kicked a last quarter goal. Definitely in the mix too.

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
good luck to anyone picking votes from last night. very likely the umps 3,2,1 changed in the last quarter.

2 treloar
2 sidebottom (dont peronally agree but ill be surprised if he doesnt poll coz umps love him)
1 de goey
1 mihochek
1 pendles
.5 gaff
.5 yeo
.5 cameron

Personally relieved to see grundy not poll as I dont want him stuffing up my bets

jack 23

All Australian
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
if you look at Treloars 2019 stats compared to his favouritism $51/$13.5 he has got to be the real dark horse for the medal.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
if you look at Treloars 2019 stats compared to his favouritism $51/$13.5 he has got to be the real dark horse for the medal.

Personal opinion is that in contrast to Tom Mitchell, while often the leading stats player for the Pies, he isn't normally the most influential. De Goey, Grundy, Pendlebury are 3 I think should take votes off him in some high stats games, with Sidebottom and Adams (When back) capable of polling very well. I'm not at ground level like the umps obviously but I can see him being the Coniglio/Oliver of 2019. Great season and consistently top 5-7 on the ground but on a game by game basis not top 3 enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back