AFL 2019 Brownlow Medal (after the result bets will get a ban)

Remove this Banner Ad

The other day I posted that Daniel Gorringe has put in some weird stakes on Ward to win the Brownlow. Why hasn't it been eaten up yet? I don't get it. People just don't want to tie themselves up for six weeks? Only thing I can think of, but it's free money.

Going to be set up for a grandstand finish for the final 12 matches of the season. Fyfe won't poll tonight; Neale a possibility; Treloar a strong chance; Dangerfield will also today.

Bontempelli could throw things wide open with a big game tomorrow.

Danger should get 3, only competition is Charlie Cameron, I'd still lean towards Danger. What was the deal with Treloar? I saw 2.5 quarters and thought he was cruising towards 2-3 but looking at the stats he didn't seem to touch it late on. Pendlebury a decent chance to knock him off for pies votes. Ben Brown up to 13 for me, only 1 behind Higgins for North, could be good value for multis.

Danger should get 3, only competition is Charlie Cameron, I'd still lean towards Danger. What was the deal with Treloar? I saw 2.5 quarters and thought he was cruising towards 2-3 but looking at the stats he didn't seem to touch it late on. Pendlebury a decent chance to knock him off for pies votes. Ben Brown up to 13 for me, only 1 behind Higgins for North, could be good value for multis.

what games do you have brown polling in?
vs port
vs hawks
vs ess
vs rich
vs geel

are the only 5 i can see and hes probably only getting 1s or 2s

Definitely no votes for Treloar...
I think the umpires will go
3 Pendles, 2 Elliott, 1 Maynard

3 - Cameron
2 - Danger
1 - Neale/McCluggage/Lyons

McCluggage was classy, Lyons was massive and Neale came back with the head strapping and battled on brilliantly. Adams and Andrews were huge, could go anywhere the 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other day I posted that Daniel Gorringe has put in some weird stakes on Ward to win the Brownlow. Why hasn't it been eaten up yet? I don't get it. People just don't want to tie themselves up for six weeks? Only thing I can think of, but it's free money.
I guess yeh it's only $11 total so people can't be bothered putting aside $500 for $11...

I guess yeh it's only $11 total so people can't be bothered putting aside $500 for $11...
It was a bit better than that. His lay price was $150 so I snapped it up. I took some at $150 and some at $190 and have then backed him at $390 so I didn't have anything tied up. It was a free $10.50, which I used to back Bont at $13.

I was getting annoyed that no one was taking my offer of $390, hence why I posted here a few times. Someone took it last night and it increased my balance by $1800.

Funnily enough the dogs game could be identical votes two weeks in a row! 3 Dunk, 2 Macrae,1 bont, Whitfield could get 1 but they lost by 10 goals
You could be right, although Lipinski was brilliant. The three Dogs you mentioned and Lipinski are likely to battle it out for the votes IMO.

I wanna see odds for the final eight rounds. I'm keen to get on Dunkley if the odds are juicy enough.

Dunkley possibly with 3x BOGs since round 17 v Melbourne, Essendon and GWS.

He's an outside chance of polling against the Saints in our loss (38 disposals), and an outside chance of polling against Geelong.

He could have 9-10 votes with round 23 to come.

My Leader board after RD22:
1. Nat Fyfe 25 votes
2. Dustin Martin 23 votes
3. Lachie Neale, Patrick Dangerfield 22 votes
5. Tim Kelly, Jack Macrae 21 votes
7. Adam Treloar 20 votes
8. Marcus Bontempelli 19 votes
9. Patrick Cripps, Zach Merret 18 votes
11. Travis Boak 17 votes
12. Luke Shuey, Brodie Grundy, Josh Dunkley, Shaun Higgins, Dom Sheed 16 votes
17. Dayne Zorko 15 votes

Team Votes:
ADEL
Brad Crouch 14
Matt Crouch 14
Eddie Betts 6
Rory Sloane 5
Rory Laird 4

BL
Lachie Neale 22
Dayne Zorko 15
Jarryd Lyons 11
Charles Cameron 10
Mitch Robinson 5

CARL
Patrick Cripps 18
Marc Murphy 9
Nic Newman 5
Sam Walsh 3
Ed Curnow 3

COLL
Adam Treloar 20
Brodie Grundy 16
Scott Pendlebury 14
Brody Mihocek 7
Steele Sidebottom 6

ESS
Zach Merrett 18
Dylan Shiel 9
Dyson Heppell 7
Michael Hurley 5
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 5

FRE
Nat Fyfe 25
Michael Walters 14
David Mundy 9
Bradley Hill 4
Cam McCarthy 3

GCFC
David Swallow 8
Brayden Fiorini 7
Touk Miller 4
Jarrod Harbrow 3
Jack Martin 2

GEEL
Patrick Dangerfield 22
Tim Kelly 21
Mitch Duncan 11
Gary Ablett 8
Tom Hawkins 5

GWS
Stephen Coniglio 12
Jeremy Cameron 11
Josh Kelly 11
Tim Taranto 9
Lachie Whitfield 9

HAW
James Worpel 12
Jaeger O'Meara 11
James Sicily 9
Ricky Henderson 8
Liam Shiels 6

MELB
Max Gawn 11
Clayton Oliver 8
Tom McDonald 6
Nathan Jones 3
James Harmes 3

NMFC
Shaun Higgins 16
Ben Brown 12
Ben Cunnington 10
Jack Ziebell 9
Todd Goldstein 5

PORT
Travis Boak 17
Tom Rockliff 9
Robbie Gray 9
Connor Rozee 5
Justin Westhoff 4

RICH
Dustin Martin 23
Bachar Houli 10
Tom J. Lynch 8
Dion Prestia 8
Kane Lambert 6

STK
Jack Billings 13
Jade Gresham 8
Sebastian Ross 8
Jack Lonie 4
Josh Bruce 3

SYD
Luke Parker 13
Josh P. Kennedy 8
Jake Lloyd 7
Isaac Heeney 5
Sam Reid 5

WB
Jack Macrae 21
Marcus Bontempelli 19
Josh Dunkley 16
Lachie Hunter 6
Aaron Naughton 5

WCE
Dom Sheed 16
Luke Shuey 16
Elliot Yeo 13
Andrew Gaff 10
Shannon Hurn 7

Pendles has been down apart from his start and sidearse has been playing out of position most of the yr. Grundy will poll big but hopefully those 2 share them.

Funnily enough I actually give pendles a genuine chance of winning the whole thing. Obviously Collingwood bias to be considered hah. I have not done a count for any other team, there is just no way i can justify being anywhere near accurate across a whole competitions season (let alone trying to assess one players count.)

I honestly thought pendles was labouring last year and said to my Mrs that I think he will have to shift out of the midfield (this being pre-Beams news.)It was revealed post season he needed to have an OP done as he had some restriction and I think it has got him back to that brilliant best.

100% a string of games he wont vote in of course. But I believe he has a few 3s tied up. I've mostly tried to use voting trends of his as he was a massive underpoller in the ~2010-2012 era (I know he polled as high as 24 one of those years, but we lost 2 games all year the fact he didn't take home a brownlow in that period still shocks me)

If he can poll a 3 against the Dons I think he is a live chance as a roughie. If he fails to poll, there would certainly be a reliance on a low count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back