Prediction 2019 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 751968

74 votes total out of a possible 132 (56%) for a team that won 15 (68%) of its games

Adelaide 53
Brisbane 90
Carlton 60
Collingwood 81
Essendon 58
Fremantle 69
Geelong 90
Gold coast 22
GWS 84
Hawthorn 67
Melbourne 47
North Melbourne 68
Port Adelaide 66
Richmond 72
St Kilda 53
Sydney 53
Bulldogs 81

Richmond also low. Got me f’ed how the bulldogs always seem to poll so well

That really does show how poor a year McGovern had - not even one vote. For the coin he is on, he really needs to get himself fitter and more ripped for 2020.

That really does show how poor a year McGovern had - not even one vote. For the coin he is on, he really needs to get himself fitter and more ripped for 2020.

I don’t think Brownlow votes are any sort of indicator of a defenders season as they simply don’t get votes

Had opposition coaches devising tactics to specifically counter the influence he had in games and still made AA

a42e8cfe2a0a2de19de08756aea4177d.jpg

Ok this was all worth it

Need some counsel,

I posted a huge rant as my friends all think that the Fyfe win is a victory and that he deserves it.

I retorted with the following:

"The West knows as do most AFL fans that Fyfe should have been rubbed out along with Ablett for his flying elbows... yet he doesn't for some reason .. I guess, well, because the MRO don't seem to worry too much about elbows or eye-gouging.

He's a scumbag and he hasn't led his team anywhere. How he replaced Hurn as AA cap is beyond me. Once again when the actually players were polled, everyone unanimously said that Hurn should've been cap. It's the AFL who have their heads up their asses about Fyfe."

Now being accused of nuffies and satire for what I wrote. Am I just blinded by my hatred for the guy? Why is it they don't see it, some of them are legit purple w***ers, some of them are eagles supporters. I don't understand why nobody shares my intense hatred for this tosspot.

Anyone have a similar situation? If someone agreed with me out of 15 or so people, I'd feel a little less lost at the disparity in opinions.

Need some counsel,

I posted a huge rant as my friends all think that the Fyfe win is a victory and that he deserves it.

I retorted with the following:

"The West knows as do most AFL fans that Fyfe should have been rubbed out along with Ablett for his flying elbows... yet he doesn't for some reason .. I guess, well, because the MRO don't seem to worry too much about elbows or eye-gouging.

He's a scumbag and he hasn't led his team anywhere. How he replaced Hurn as AA cap is beyond me. Once again when the actually players were polled, everyone unanimously said that Hurn should've been cap. It's the AFL who have their heads up their asses about Fyfe."

Now being accused of nuffies and satire for what I wrote. Am I just blinded by my hatred for the guy? Why is it they don't see it, some of them are legit purple w***ers, some of them are eagles supporters. I don't understand why nobody shares my intense hatred for this tosspot.

Anyone have a similar situation? If someone agreed with me out of 15 or so people, I'd feel a little less lost at the disparity in opinions.
Two separate issues really.

Hard to see how you don't think he deserves the Brownlow TBF.
There's no way Fyfe is considered to be a dirty player.

Sure he's a bit of a flog, but he's a Western Australian flog.
I'm glad he won it over that Geelong flog.

It's not his fault if you think the MRO is soft on him.
Judd opened up Pavlich in one game yet it was deemed to
be "insufficient force" and he went on to win the Brownlow.

He never replaced Hurn as AA captain either.
I think most in the industry think Hurns a better captain.
Again, that's not Fyfe's fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's well known for elbows late after the contest / mark. Done it many, many times.

However, your answer does make it a little clearer that perhaps I'm burning with hatred for no reason.

Didn't really watch the award night as I don't have a huge interest in it but I was kinda bothered that Yeo polled 3 in the Crows game and Shuey 1. Shuey changed that game for us in the last half and in particular the last half qaurter. Remember journous raving on about his effort and etc. Yeo probably kept us in the game early but Shuey was clutch and even had a better statistical game.

What pissed me off more was CEY polling 2.

Didn't really watch the award night as I don't have a huge interest in it but I was kinda bothered that Yeo polled 3 in the Crows game and Shuey 1. Shuey changed that game for us in the last half and in particular the last half qaurter. Remember journous raving on about his effort and etc. Yeo probably kept us in the game early but Shuey was clutch and even had a better statistical game.

What pi**ed me off more was CEY polling 2.

Meh, the vast majority of the board had Yeo as better than Shuey, many of them (myself included) had Sheed better as well.

I thought Fyfe was repackaging his brand at the Brownlow he also came across that way at the AA ..
Extremely big achievement to be a Dual Brownlow medalist ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's well known for elbows late after the contest / mark. Done it many, many times.

However, your answer does make it a little clearer that perhaps I'm burning with hatred for no reason.
Nope!!! He is a flog! Mr "i love me". Naturally he gets the photo with his shirt off.What a poser."me and Ross" "my preparation" :me and the club". Me Me Me! Put a shirt on,learn some humility,lose the trendy suit!!!

Nope!!! He is a flog! Mr "i love me". Naturally he gets the photo with his shirt off.What a poser."me and Ross" "my preparation" :me and the club". Me Me Me! Put a shirt on,learn some humility,lose the trendy suit!!!
What's ME ME ME got to do with all this? Poor buggar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back