Game Day 2019 Brownlow- Us & the rest

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very deserving winner in Fyfe.

Higgins polled a lot more than I thought he would.

Cunnington unders....same with Goldstein.
Cunnington is just a workhorse who gets the job done week after week. Makes perfect sense that Shaun Higgins, with his flair and skill is the one the umpires notice.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I dunno. I goal umpire in local footy and most weeks the field umpires don't know or can't agree. And they don't have the pressure of AFL guys. They simply aren't watching for who's playing well. Half the time they aren't even aware of the score. Fyfe, Dangerfield, Cripps et al are all wonderful players, but it's safe to just vote for them without really analysing who was most influential. Interesting that the coaches had Bontempelli as clear best and Cunnington in the Top 10 but neither got anywhere near winning.

Time to get with it for the Brownlow.

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets
Cunnington is just a workhorse who gets the job done week after week. Makes perfect sense that Shaun Higgins, with his flair and skill is the one the umpires notice.

But as many have said on this board, Higgo took a massive dive this year and had some pretty ordinary games.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Tbh, unless a North players wins an award, I could care less. However, on this occasion. I am going to enjoy s**t teasing my Carlton supporting mates about this. “Cripps is the GOAT” “Crippa is the man”, Lol. Those Nuffies thought he had it in the bag. Somebody even changed his Wikipedia page, to say ‘2019 Brownlow Medalist’ halfway through the Brownlow lol.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Yeah he really ought to have had a look of despair on his face.

He just won his second Brownlow, dude.
Mate this bloke makes documentaries of himself doing preseason with NFL teams to promote his ‘brand’. Fyfe ‘brand’ first, team second..

At least I know we’re only competing with 16 other teams for a flag because Freo will never win one with him as their skipper..

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
This award should be renamed The Brownlow Midfielders medal, it is only them that the whistleblowers prefer.

Not even a midfielder medal. Cunnington is the midfielder who has become a contested beast. He got less than 1/3 of the votes of the winner. Ricky Henderson got as many. 10 votes. No North bias here. Higgins 18 is ridiculous. Be a midfielder, get it on the outside, use it well, have a high profile. Otherwise forget it. Totally stupid award.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I think Higgins' 18 votes is the best s

Not even a midfielder medal. Cunnington is the midfielder who has become a contested beast. He got less than 1/3 of the votes of the winner. Ricky Henderson got as many. 10 votes. No North biad here. Higgins 18 is ridiculous. Be a midfielder, get it on the outside, use it well, have a high profile. Otherwise forget it. Totally stupid award.

It's just another marketing exercise.

It's won by "product friendly" players these days.

I expect Fyfe will launch a complete range of designer cosmetics later in the week.

Higgins played 3 less games, didn’t make the AA squad at all, played in a side that was considerably worse the first half of the season than 2018 and still polled more votes this year than last year.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cunners criminally underrated.

Fyfe was a deserving winner, he was fantastic all year. He leads from the front with his effort and preparation. He gets the footy on the inside/outside and is strong in the air. Can’t really fault him as a footballer. Yeah he fancies himself a bit, but he isn’t on Dangerfield level. That bloke needs to upper cut himself. Flog of epic proportions.

Would be nice if they had to change the voting structure so it wasn’t so midfielder orientated.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Back