Autopsy 2019 Bulldogs Fixture

What timeslot do you prefer to watch the footy?

• Thursday Night!

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Friday Night!

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Saturday Afternoon!

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • Saturday Twilight!

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Saturday Night!

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Sunday Early!

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Sunday Afternoon!

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Sunday Twilight!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We all should be fuming that Essendon has another public holiday game. How does this happen? I really hope we privately and publicly speak up about this. I find it just so wrong. We had that first game as the away team, it was a big crowd and we won.

We all should be fuming that Essendon has another public holiday game. How does this happen? I really hope we privately and publicly speak up about this. I find it just so wrong. We had that first game as the away team, it was a big crowd and we won.

But is it true we put little effort at the hospital? If so, we only have ourselves to blame.

Essendon getting Good Friday proves the AFL is biased.
Shiel was reported today as saying one of the factors in him choosing Essendon was that he couldplay in the Anzac Day and Dream Time games. Now add the Good Friday game to that. So being a club that has not one but THREE blockbusters clearly means players will choose you over a team that gets none of those games. How is that in any way contributing towards equalisation.

We don't want cash compensation. That's not equalisation. We want equal opportunity. Not too much to ask is it?

Feck off AFL.
It definitely proves they have no interest in equality of opportunity for each of the 18 clubs. The AFL is run by a bunch of self interested campaigners, no different to Cricket Australia.
And unlike Cricket, there is no international community to hold the AFL to account. The OB network rules. They make it up to suit themselves.

Feck off AFL.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
But is it true we put little effort at the hospital? If so, we only have ourselves to blame.

Nothing to do with it. AFL put up the facade of helping battling clubs to get the public behind the idea of playing on Good Friday. They were always going to give it to a so called 'power club'. North will be gone next.

It's pathetic really.

Nothing to do with it. AFL put up the facade of helping battling clubs to get the public behind the idea of playing on Good Friday. They were always going to give it to a so called 'power club'. North will be gone next.

It's pathetic really.

Nothing more certain.

Cam1967

Team Captain
Oct 3, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
QPR, Bengals
There is no love lost between us and # lol norf
They havent turned up for the last 2 GF games, yet easily blame everyone else.
F*** em.

Last edited:

Leviticus

All Australian
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
First Ballarat Fixture 2019: Love the fact it will be against the spoilt warm weather Loins. Would be even better if the match were held mid to late July. That would really send them scurrying for their sun lamps at quarter time.

143 days to go

Spookily, in R6 1943 we kicked a club record of 143 points

Footscray 4.2 9.7 14.13 21.17 143 Melbourne 3.6 5.8 7.13 8.15 63 Western Oval R6, 1943

That was 6 points more than the previous record set v Hawthorn the year before

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Zero Thursdays and only one Friday night game in 2019

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How do we get Collingwood and Geelong twice?

I really don’t understand this shitshow of a fixture. Just play everyone once ffs.

Why shouldn’t we ?

One of our opponents in the competition is Geelong and that is their home ground.

Yeah, I'd agree until you think that Travis Cloke had never played there until he was with the Dogs. Level playing field :rolleyes:

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How do we get Collingwood and Geelong twice?

I really don’t understand this shitshow of a fixture. Just play everyone once ffs.
Yeah under the weighted system that should be double ups against Gold Coast and St.Kilda.
Oh well - better financially and for exposure :thumbsu:

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Early Friday nighter against Pies is great.

If we can get off to a good start hopefully we can get 70,000 plus to a H&A game for the first time in our history.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That’s just how it is peeps! Don’t perform you get shafted. Hopefully we have a good season and can get better slots in 2020.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Brief 2019 Fixture Breakdown

Open up vs Sydney on a Saturday Night at Marvel Stadium

Magpies, Cats, Dockers, Blues and Lions are our double ups

Thursday Night: 0
Friday Night: 1
Sat Afternoon: 2
Saturday Twilight: 1
Saturday Night: 7
Sunday Early (1:10) 1
Sunday Afternoon (210-3:20): 1 / 6
Sunday Twilight (4:40): 2

Marvel: 12
MCG: 2
Optus: 2
Mars: 2
GMHBA: 1
Adelaide Oval: 1
Gabba: 1
Spotless: 1

Five interstate games, four in a row rounds 18 to 21
Only one Melbourne home game in the last five rounds, thats round 19

Bye is round 12

Toughest run is Round 14-17, Magpies H, Power A, Cats H, Demons H
No super easy stretch, our weaker and on par opponents are pretty spread out in between tough games

Last edited:

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
- Two Perth visits inside a month seems harsh but the bye after that is a plus and there’s only 3 interstate trips after that.

- there’s 1-2 too many Sundays there for my liking but genuinely surprised we got a Friday night fixture against the Pies.

- I’m not too sure of the entire intricacies of the fixture but shouldn’t we have got a double up on the Suns, Saints or potentially both?

- The Ballarat fixturing has improved a shade but it’s still not right. That Suns game in round 3 should be there.

Back