Autopsy 2019 Bulldogs Fixture

What timeslot do you prefer to watch the footy?

• Thursday Night!

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Friday Night!

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Saturday Afternoon!

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • Saturday Twilight!

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Saturday Night!

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Sunday Early!

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Sunday Afternoon!

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Sunday Twilight!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What we do in first 5 rounds will tell us much more as it doesn’t look a tough start. We don’t leave Melbourne in that period and I’d say we’d be a reasonable winning chance in most of them games if we’re up and about enough.

So our last "real" home game is on Sunday July 29th? (Ballarat ain't no home to me.) That's two full months before we win the Grand Final!

So our last "real" home game is on Sunday July 29th? (Ballarat ain't no home to me.) That's two full months before we win the Grand Final!
3 weeks later than this year

Twas round 16 against Hawthorn

Played hawks once in tassie and beat them.
Played the Hawks a few times in Tassie during the Macca years and Bevos first year

No good then, rolled every time

We only play the drug takers once again! Why can't we have 2 goes at them?

A Liberal Pamphlet's story back in August is headlined:

Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and Carlton among clubs to be handed easy draws in 2019
SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun
August 10, 2018 8:01pm
Subscriber only
THE six teams set to receive the softest 2019 fixtures have effectively been locked in.

Western Bulldogs, St Kilda, Carlton, Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast and Fremantle will all benefit from their miserable campaigns when the AFL releases next year’s fixture in October.

Only one against St Kilda is there?

A few Ch7 320s on Sunday though
Some people consider 3:20 as twilight

We have two, home vs Saints and away vs Lions. So only one 4:40pm game in Melbourne is pretty good, even though I dislike 3:20 games, just feels like a boring, drab, everyone can't be assed after a long week type atmosphere.

Some people consider 3:20 as twilight

We have two, home vs Saints and away vs Lions. So only one 4:40pm game in Melbourne is pretty good, even though I dislike 3:20 games, just feels like a boring, drab, everyone can't be assed after a long week type atmosphere.
The 320 leading into the news timeslot is a really s**t timeslot for me getting to games by public transport, I either get there really early, or right before the siren, nothing in between is available on the Sunday timetable. I'll go to them, but easier to stay at home and watch on telly.

Much prefer the 440 slot, though I understand it's a drag for parents who live in the burbs/country. I can at least make a day of it, have lunch beforehand or a beer etc. Similar with the lunchtime start, do something afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Two Perth visits inside a month seems harsh but the bye after that is a plus and there’s only 3 interstate trips after that.

- there’s 1-2 too many Sundays there for my liking but genuinely surprised we got a Friday night fixture against the Pies.

- I’m not too sure of the entire intricacies of the fixture but shouldn’t we have got a double up on the Suns, Saints or potentially both?

- The Ballarat fixturing has improved a shade but it’s still not right. That Suns game in round 3 should be there.

Ballarat fixture will only be right when it’s gone

Certainty not easy on the double ups.

Geelong, Collingwood, Brisbane, Fremantle and Gold Coast, with Brisbane and Freo tipped to improve.

So 6 interstate games + Geelong at GMHBA.

In essence two more 'away' games than Ess, Rich, Coll and not one of them is against the GC. Shockin'.

5 interstate games

Certainty not easy on the double ups.

Geelong, Collingwood, Brisbane, Fremantle and Gold Coast, with Brisbane and Freo tipped to improve.
I dont think we could expect any better on the double ups. If we cant get our share of freo, bris and gc then it wont matter who we are playing.

Geelong arent the force they once were and we will see how collingwood back up, although i suspect they will be up there.

Only one double up from top 7 is a pretty good result.

Back