Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People's Party of Canada

• Other (specify in post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This election result has the Sam Newman Seal Of Approval.

1557567470014_GEI273GDT.3-1.jpg

How badly brainwashed are Canadians. Black face and accusations of sexual assault and they still vote him in. It's seems that the standards that the Left expect from us don't apply to themselves. Canadians are nearly as far gone as the Brits.

Although, on the flip side would love to see more or "peoplekind"...

Big orange set the precedent , pussy grabbing , mocking the disabled etc etc
JT should actually THANK donny for lowering the bar.

We're not actually offended by black face, the issue is the double standards. People have been permanently "cancelled" for less, e.g. Roseanne Barr.

Blackface is supposedly an inexcusable sin... unless a leftist politician does it. We should believe all women... unless a leftist politician is accused. The list goes on.
There is nothing objectively wrong with blackface at all unless you think there is something wrong with labelling people by costumes. The reason people are upset with blackface is it was associated with a period of ridicule of african americans. But it was never the colour of the skin that was the ridicule. It was catoonish features of big lips and nose and humiliating mockery of behaviour. The black skin was never it. But humans arent rational and they get angry at anything associated with it.

What Roseanne did however was pretty poor. Roseanne compared someone of another race to an animal. The one common thing in all mass genocides of a group of people is not race, religion or ideaology. Its dehumanization by referencing people who belong to a group as animals or insects. That should not be tolerated.

There is nothing objectively wrong with blackface at all unless you think there is something wrong with labelling people by costumes. The reason people are upset with blackface is it was associated with a period of ridicule of african americans. But it was never the colour of the skin that was the ridicule. It was catoonish features of big lips and nose and humiliating mockery of behaviour. The black skin was never it. But humans arent rational and they get angry at anything associated with it.

What Roseanne did however was pretty poor. Roseanne compared someone of another race to an animal. The one common thing in all mass genocides of a group of people is not race, religion or ideaology. Its dehumanization by referencing people who belong to a group as animals or insects. That should not be tolerated.

I'm not sure you can separate the colour of the skin from use of 'blackface' as a tool to ridicule African Americans. It was kind of the entire point. Take away that aspect of it and the other cartoonish mockeries would have been lost on your average yokel.

Who said blackface is an inexcusable sin?
You been living under a rock m8? Trudeau himself, for starters.
What Roseanne did however was pretty poor. Roseanne compared someone of another race to an animal.
In one incident Trudeau danced around in blackface while wearing an afro wig and singing the banana boat song. Was this intended as a disturbing animal comparison? I doubt it, but imagine the dot-connecting that would occur had he been a RW pollie.

Who said blackface is an inexcusable sin?
Let’s consult your previous opinions

I'd agree with Jo Brand on this one as well.

Ah, what does Jo Brand say?
I think the definition of racism also encompasses political power. So you cant be racist towards a race thats politically more powerful than a minority. That to me is the correct definition of racism. I think you can be prejudiced towards a group of people who are more powerful than you, but I dont think you can be racist towards them.​

Strangely this heuristic doesn’t apply when you’re the son of Canada’s third longest serving PM and a prime minister yourself! Political power only matters in the abstract, real political power gets a free pass if we have warm feelings about the guy.

In one incident Trudeau danced around in blackface while wearing an afro wig and singing the banana boat song. Was this intended as a disturbing animal comparison? I doubt it, but imagine the dot-connecting that would occur had he been a RW pollie.
Why would an afro wig and singing a song be an animal comparison? If he started drumming his chest like a baboon then yes.

You been living under a rock m8? Nice story you tell, but good to read your outrage, hope it follows through with other 'like' politicians but I highly doubt it..

I prefer this one?

The picture was taken at an “Arabian Nights”-themed gala.
Trudeau said he wore blackface “makeup” in high school to sing “Day-O,” a Jamaican folk song famously performed by African-American singer and civil rights activist Harry Belafonte. TIME has confirmed that a photo shows Trudeau at a school talent show wearing blackface and an afro wig.

Nah, big Kev in a NY strip club and abusing a QANTAS hostie for not giving him the meal he wanted.
Feeble attempt and you know it.

Expected better from you meds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s consult your previous opinions

Ah, what does Jo Brand say?
I think the definition of racism also encompasses political power. So you cant be racist towards a race thats politically more powerful than a minority. That to me is the correct definition of racism. I think you can be prejudiced towards a group of people who are more powerful than you, but I dont think you can be racist towards them.​

Strangely this heuristic doesn’t apply when you’re the son of Canada’s third longest serving PM and a prime minister yourself! Political power only matters in the abstract, real political power gets a free pass if we have warm feelings about the guy.
I for one admire Trudeau for showing me that choosing to imitate other cultures in unflattering ways is no impediment to success.

Well, that or growing up the son of a former prime minister and having no real scruples or conviction. Just like daddio. He'd have been better off being Fidel's son.

Given their support of Justin T and his liberal party is it fair to say that the Left hold themselves to a different standard than normal people?

BTW why has the thread title been changed from a Justin Trudreau win to a Liberal Party win. Can the Left finally see its own hypocrisy?

Back