2019 captains VC/C thread (see post 73 for loophole advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

I put the VC on Grundy and he's put up a 111.

With my other realistic captain options being Coniglio or Cripps, I'm thinking about taking the 111.

Don't think I'll do the Merrett->Rocky trade so he's not an option (currently).

I haven't taken a VC score this low before, but usually that's because a rolled gold option was available to C.

Last season only about 3 players averaged more than 111 - is there logic in taking it?

Cripps a nd Cogs should both go 100 - 140

Not much to lose by captaining one of them unless injury occurs

No MCrouch?

I agree with Bradkli, Sloane and Crouch Bros Inc smashed the DT numbers last week. Cannot see any reason that'll change all year for teams v Hawks. I want Macrae to go gang busters bust have already locked in Bines as my C this week.

I'll kick this off for Rd 3..
At this stage I'm thinking Danger VC into Cogs C. Collingwood were huge against Richmond last week, cogs, Whitfield, Williams should all be big this week .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the case that I were to VC a Giant, is there time to do the loophole after the 3:35 GWS v Rich game and before the Collingwood v West Coast at 6:25 (Bines)?

In the case that I were to VC a Giant, is there time to do the loophole after the 3:35 GWS v Rich game and before the Collingwood v West Coast at 6:25 (Bines)?
Yeah, but ideally you would want to make the decision at least a few minutes before the final siren. And who's your back up captain option ?? Hutchings could well still go to Treloar.

Yeah, but ideally you would want to make the decision at least a few minutes before the final siren. And who's your back up captain option ?? Hutchings could well still go to Treloar.
Thinking Whitfield into Macrae (Sunday), using Bines as the loop (so need to get Bines on field or bench before the WCE bounce).

Dangerfield into noone.

Clarke named. Spewing I don't have mvp Bines.

But good to have another moo.

So (pease excuse the ignorance) If I have danger as VC, Treloar as C, what else do I need do? (I had Coniglio as C in R2 so I need help!)
Do I need to have my Non Starter onfield b4 the Geel game?
Not quite

If you take the Danger VC score your non playing captain option needs to be onfield with the captain on him before his team plays

For example

I also have Danger VC, if I take his score, then I will move 1 of Grundy/Gawn to my ruck bench with the emergency set on one of them BEFORE THEY PLAY

I will captain Bines before he plays and once Collingwood/West Coast is finalised, Grundys score will be added from the emergencies and Bines' DNP will activate Danger VC

IMG_20190404_201256.png

You cannot captain a non playing player once his team has started their game, he is locked in, you have to make the decision before that players team plays

Brilliant mate! Thanks for going to that much trouble Pups, very much appreciate it! I have Grundy, & a def. not playing benchwarmer, so I will do exactly that, it was the emergency bit I'd forgotten, so you saved my bacon! I owe u a drink my friend!
Thanks again!
& to you too Bandicoot, ta mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back