Universal Love 2019 'Carji' Greeves Medal - tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Dahlhaus the head scratcher. He was not our 6th best/most important player.
It’s the old story with the B&F. Players are voted on how well they perform roles which are not transparent to the public.

It’s the old story with the B&F. Players are voted on how well they perform roles which are not transparent to the public.
As it should be. It’s not the brownlow. All players should be able to win.

Unlike most, I’m not at all surprised to see Dahl poll well, he played his role well all year. Both him and Atkins have slotted in to a position that has been a big hole for us.

Undervalued season. Actually played his role very well. Good first season.
not undervalued by the coaches and MC; exactly what he was recruited for, but still has many underwhelming moments once he has the ball near the boot.

High half forward who didn’t go into the midfield much or hit the scoreboard. Top 6 based off tackling.

10-15 is his place in the pecking order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How th f*** did blicavs get so close to winning this medal again. The coaches have no idea.
He was one of six Geelong players in the All Australian squad and they finished 1-5 and 7 in the Carji. Seems widely accepted he had a strong season.

He was one of six Geelong players in the All Australian squad and they finished 1-5 and 7 in the Carji. Seems widely accepted he had a strong season.
And yet he played out of the position he played in all year in 3 finals. If he was that good in that position why wasnt he kept there for the seasons biggest games?

And yet he played out of the position he played in all year in 3 finals. If he was that good in that position why wasnt he kept there for the seasons biggest games?

If he didn't have those 5 late seasons games out of his usual FB position - North, Lions, & finals x 3; he may well have won a 3rd Carji

If he didn't have those 5 late seasons games out of his usual FB position - North, Lions, & finals x 3; he may well have won a 3rd Carji

Which would have been a crime.

You would be happy that he sat level pegging with Joel Selwood, Paul Couch, Ian Nankervis, David Clarke Snr and George Todd and only 1 behind the all time leading b&f winners in Garry Hocking and Dick Grigg? I wouldn't have been and it makes a mockery of the award and the voting system if that had've been the case.

Well done Danger, even though it seems the majority of your team mates are clueless.... For 2 years running...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-29/danger-snubbed-again-for-mvp-nomination-five-aas-miss-out

Who says his teammates are clueless - the MVP nominations are done before the end of the season. Look at tally as of round 21: Hawkins (1st), Blicavs (2nd), Duncan & Kellly (equal 3rd), and 3 of those guys were our nominations - so maybe the players had a better idea who had been having the better season to that stage. Danger came home strong over the last couple of rounds & then obviously during finals, which is when he took the lead

And it also seems the players voted for a player from each section of the ground - 1 x midfielder, 1 x forward & 1 x defender, and considering how many had Kelly has favourite for last night, still not sure how you can say his teammates are clueless

Well done Danger, even though it seems the majority of your team mates are clueless.... For 2 years running...

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-29/danger-snubbed-again-for-mvp-nomination-five-aas-miss-out
Yes snubbed by teammates as a MVP nominee. I think he rubs some of them the wrong way. FIGJAM I think. That’s why I think we won’t win a flag while paddy is there unfortunately . Of course I hope I’m wrong and he becomes like Martin and wins a cup!

Who says his teammates are clueless - the MVP nominations are done before the end of the season. Look at tally as of round 21: Hawkins (1st), Blicavs (2nd), Duncan & Kellly (equal 3rd), and 3 of those guys were our nominations - so maybe the players had a better idea who had been having the better season to that stage. Danger came home strong over the last couple of rounds & then obviously during finals, which is when he took the lead

And it also seems the players voted for a player from each section of the ground - 1 x midfielder, 1 x forward & 1 x defender, and considering how many had Kelly has favourite for last night, still not sure how you can say his teammates are clueless
No system which is based on a one-off nomination at or near the end of the season can ever possibly have the same value as an award based on week-by-week votes.

That wasn't his problem - that was a MC decision. He struggled up the ground when played there, and it was a diabolical call for mine, but can't dispute his overall season as a key backmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back