Strategy 2019: Changes You Would Like

Remove this Banner Ad

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
  • I'd like to see us transition from JK --> Lobb/Waterman or maybe brander if hes ready. So JK should miss like 35 percent of games
  • Lecras (blood)--> Oscar fallen or maybe Cameron if we get him in draft. Should realistically play 50 percent
  • Willie Rioli or Cripps moving to mid

• Debut Hamish?
  • Leadership group who deserves to enter?

I mean, JK fully fit is still the best full forward in the game, second best forward behind Buddy.

He stays as our full time forward until he declines.
We are still in our rebuild stage got to start the phasing. First year of rebuild has been completed. With priddas and mitch gone. Next is Jk and Lecras then Nic.

We are still in our rebuild stage got to start the phasing. First year of rebuild has been completed. With priddas and mitch gone. Next is Jk and Lecras then Nic.

Are we rebuilding? Why do you want phase out NN? He is still only 28. JK averaged 3.1 goals a game (No 1 in the AFL) this year - as wce4premiership said JK stays until he decides it is time to go.

I mean, JK fully fit is still the best full forward in the game, second best forward behind Buddy.

He stays as our full time forward until he declines.

Would be nice we could manage him in a few games to keep his work load in check.

Sheed to play his current role for the whole of next year and Redden play more outside. Move Cripps and Venables on to a wing.

Leave JK at full forward ya mad bastard. Would like to see him rested if not injured maybe if playing a very weak side (maybe once or twice) but to start phasing him out is bat s**t crazy.

Id like to see:
Venables and Rioli with higher rotations through the middle.
Gaff on one wing, TKelly on the other Sheed in the same role as finals.
Masten and Lecras moved out of the side because of young blokes forcing themselves to be selected.
Lobb/Vardy combo OR English/Vardy if Lycett bails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJK won't be phasing out anywhere.

He may miss a few games late in the year (particularly away games) if he is sore and our spot on the ladder is looking secure but that would be about it.

He's probably got 2 years, maybe 3 at most and there's no reason to think we won't be up and about it for all of them with him still leading the charge in the forward line.

It is going to be very interesting to see how this group handles being the hunted and not the hunter. Remember, Simpson left Hawthorn at the end of 2013 so he wasn't there in the years that they defended their flags.

I really felt the team fed off being underdogs and defying flogs (cough couch Walls) all year.

The way I look at it:

DEFENCE - Elite.
Blokes in their prime, a couple youngsters and a mad dog seasoned legend (SHurn)

MIDFIELD - Good, but nothing wrong with tweaking/adding another dimension.
Enough quality there, but we may lose Gaff and Shuey is approaching 30. A few youngsters showed a bit this season, so perhaps natural improvement and maybe a trade top up? Just think how much of a luxury it will be if we are Top 4 when big NN is eased back in late next year...

FORWARD - Elite.
Absolutely the best forward line we have ever fielded.
Fielding this exact forward line (including a 33yo ML and 32yo JK) would cause so many headaches for oppo coaches. Leave it as is FFS.

Screw this rebuild crap. A bit of tinkering/adjustment and natural improvement and we will be pack leaders. The most important thing the side needs to deal with next season is the bit between the ears.

Obviously love Sheed but would like to see him tackle someone or he is back in the wafl.
Oscar coming in means forcing someone out ,lecras wont play wafl expect a Priddis like retirement .
Would love someone to build a tank to replace Masten in that role he does . Waterman perhaps .
Boy we are getting taller .
Would like Brander to improve and force his way into the side somewhere, he isnt ready yet

Maybe an unpopular opinion here, but I still think Jetta goes missing too often when things get tough. I know he kicked a good goal against Collingwood in the QF, but I don't think we see that kind of performance often enough.

Brayshaw & Watson to debut. I know structurally it'll be tough but O. Allen playing a fair few games would be awesome, I really rate this guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back