Analysis 2019 Coleman Watch - Can Tommy Hawkins snag it?

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Expect this one to die off pretty quickly.

To win Coleman’s you need bags of 7-8 historically at your peak and Hawkins best is 4-5 with quiet weeks of 1-2 sometimes nothing.

Just won’t happen, but he will have a good year with 50-60 goals

He kicked 7 goals twice in consecutive weeks last year, so he can kick a bag. Plus the forward line is functioning a lot better as a whole this year so there's no reason he can't get a few big hauls, particularly given our fixture for the rest of the year - fair few bottom teams to come.

s**t, I might have just convinced myself!

R23. Tomahawk needs one goal to win the Coleman. He is 20 metres out on a slight angle. He sees Tim Kelly in a slightly better position, clear of his opponent, handballs to him, and Kelly goals. Siren sounds

PS: Kelly thinks to himself that if Hawkins and the Geelong teammates are so selfless why would he want to leave....

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
R23. Tomahawk needs one goal to win the Coleman. He is 20 metres out on a slight angle. He sees Tim Kelly in a slightly better position, clear of his opponent, handballs to him, and Kelly goals. Siren sounds

PS: Kelly thinks to himself that if Hawkins and the Geelong teammates are so selfless why would he want to leave....

...Kelly goes home and tells his wife he wants to stay. She says "no". He says "okay".

...Kelly goes home and tells his wife he wants to stay. She says "no". He says "okay".
As he polishes his Charlie medal, secured off the back of his 12th BOG game in R23

Last edited:

Scottland2007

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
ok maybe it wasnt you lol..

wrong tag !!!

Scottland2007 take a bow.

Go Catters
While I think it’s unlikely, all it takes is a suspension or injury to Cameron (not wishing it in him) and Hawks right in there. Last years winner kicked 65. Not even at the half way point of the year and Hawks on 31. It’s unlikely, but geez, it’s going to be fun to see how close the big fella comes. And let’s remember, it’s the ride not the destination.

kicksome

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
To be fair, I can't think of any tall (or, at least, spearhead) forward who deserved it since Ablett Sr in 89. Hawkins would have if he'd kicked straight, or played like that all game and not just the second half.
Tom Boyd came pretty close a few years ago, if he converted that last shot that he missed he could've almost got the norm

Coleman Medal aside, Hawkins deserves huge credit for how he has reignited a career that looked almost shot a few years ago.

Is the most important player in the team for mine.
And he is playing the best football in his career. That tackle he laid on Buddy typifies the new Tommy

Tommy would've snagged a Coleman if they base it on financial year.....

:thumbsu:

Back