2019 Contracts - where do all the pieces land?

Remove this Banner Ad

88mph

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a huge amount of talent yet to sign and seemingly some space at decent teams.

Naturally I'm keen to see where Ricciardo ends up... I'm hoping Ferrari or Mercedes.

So whats happening with these guys for 2019

Hamilton
Kimi
Alonso
Ricciardo

Keen to hear your thoughts...

I can't see Dan or Lewis moving

Alonso might be leaving F1

No idea on Kimi but I think his time is almost up at F1

Nothing interesting will happen unless Hamilton pulls the pin. Safe, boring corporate culture will ensure that.

If I was Liberty I'd take the risk of pissing off Ferrari and Mercedes and highly incentivise them to make it interesting.

Imagine if you could swing Hamilton v Alonso and Vettel v Ricciardo in the title contending cars. Even with the paywalls revenue/ratings would go up because people would be excited about it.

If he moves on to Ferrari or Mercedes he will be the number 2 drive once again and he is better then that

Bottas is certainly a number 2 driver coz he's not as good as Hamilton but curious as to how he is really treated as a number 2. Was Rosberg?

Hamilton - will re-sign for Mercedes for 3 years I believe
Kimi - rumours say he is leaving at the end of the year - Charles Leclerc possibly to replace him (Giovinazzi to Sauber)
Alonso - will go to Indycar and shoot for the Triple Crown. Lando Norris to replace him
Ricciardo - rumoured to be re-signing for RB until end of 2020.

Nothing interesting will happen unless Hamilton pulls the pin. Safe, boring corporate culture will ensure that.

If I was Liberty I'd take the risk of pissing off Ferrari and Mercedes and highly incentivise them to make it interesting.

Imagine if you could swing Hamilton v Alonso and Vettel v Ricciardo in the title contending cars. Even with the paywalls revenue/ratings would go up because people would be excited about it.
I hope you never run F1. You're unappreciated poster anyway, even if you don't post as often as you used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeze.....if you think the ALO radio messages can be a bit toxic while driving that junk car, imagine RAI radio messages....

EDIT: actually tbf to RAI, I don't remember him complaining too much while driving for Lotus, and they had a lean season or two there for awhile.
Then a race winning machine...

McLaren have had 4 or 5 years of abject failure now with little light at the end of the tunnel.

If rbr can't match McLaren's offer then no point staying at rbr.

That Honda engine will take years to be competitive at best.

Ferrari would love the Italian connection with Daniel son

It's romantic.

I hope you never run F1. You're unappreciated poster anyway, even if you don't post as often as you used to.
Ouch!/Thanks? :think:

Curious on the first point, you wouldn't want F1 management to risk upsetting the engine manufacturers to try and give us a 4 way fight for the title?

I'd also be satisfied with letting them keep their lap dogs number 2's as long as some sort of engine equalisation measures were brought in to allow other teams a chance at the title(s). They did it to Red Bull every single year of their run, Ferrari and Mercedes have been getting off incredibly lightly so far in the turbo-hybrid era.

On the second I'm still watching/reading, but general life/work busy-ness has me contributing far less. Plus these 11.10 start times for half the season are making Mondays remarkably unpleasant!

Off topic:
What are your thoughts on the ACO's new LMP1 (or whatever it'll be called) rules for 2020/21? I've mostly seen negative reactions but I don't mind the idea.

Ricciardo still hasn’t signed with Red Bull, and Raikonnens seat is still not confirmed in that other Ferrari either. Really hoping there is some hush hush talk behind closed doors for Dan to join Ferrari. At the peak of his career he deserves a drive in a car that can win a championship. I know it’s a tiny hope because of the Leclerc rumours but until it’s set in stone I still have hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back