2019 Copa America - 14th June to 7th July

Remove this Banner Ad

About bloody time something happened in this Argentina Colombia game! This has been hard graft sticking with it.

#I decided to go to the gym after the 25 min mark but changed that thought to leave at the 10 min mark
# campaigners were rolling on the floor, play stagnated after just that amount of time
# came home and decided to watch the 3 minute highlights instead
# highlights start with a goal 70 mins in
# That told me it was a s**t game
# 2nd goal at the end
# thoughts confirmed I missed nothing
# read posts here
# Macpotata saved himself a s**t load of time and finished in the + as he did a workout in the mean time

Macpotata 3
Copa America 0

And **** Brazil.

Hey, if they win it they will have done it without Neymar. Gotta love that.

Argentina are the ones I don’t want to see win it. Mainly because Messi has done * all for Argentina for a very long time and the media will fondle themselves if Argentina win it and Messi is still gash. So, best to just completely avoid that.

Nah would rather see them win nothing even without Neymar there. They still milk the whole joga bonito thing when they have been entitled thugs for a long time. 7-1 in 2014 was the greatest.

I don't like Brazil like I used to.

The Ronaldo/Rivaldo era was brilliant.

The greatest and most satisfying half of football I have ever watched. I also agree with you Cruyff, that was about the last time I liked Brazil as well. They had so many players you could root for. I guess not anymore with Neymar being the biggest w***er of them all.

Can't stand Brazil too. Glad they got ripped in 98 and owned again by the French in Germany. 2010 was satisfying, 2014 the High point and 2018 also sweet when the Belgian's smacked them in the face.

* Brazil.

The Belgian's owed them one too for that BS goal chalked off in 2002. Brazil have had some favours in World Cups like against Holland at USA 94 and Turkey, also in 2002.

Coming back from 2-0 down against Paraguay today. Paraguay in South America would be a hard nut to crack for an Asian side. Especially coming from 2-0 down. Not insurmountable by any means but with their outstanding almost perfect Asian Cup where they smacked in 19 goals, seems fishy to me.

Last edited:
I just saw that Australia are the invited team (with Qatar) for Copa America 2020. I didn’t know that until now, so cool,

Either in a group with Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela or Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously I’d loved to see Australia in the first group (North Zone) with Brazil and Colombia but Australia pitted against Messi, unless he rage quits again, would be so awesome.

Yeh it
Brazil held to 0-0 against Venezuela. We could potentially have three teams on 5 points in group A.

Would be sensational. I reckon we'd eek out a 0-0 too. This Argentina side is bereft of passion and heart. They would have even better off playing a Ponzio or Perez in the heart of midfield, someone with balls that can inspire the team.

The other thing to take into consideration is week will have the neutrals on board. Colombia will support us against Brazil and Argentina. The Argentinins will support us against Brazil, Uraguay and 1000% against Chile.

3rd place teams get through though. Argentina will romp Qatar then probably go on to win it ( wouldn't surprise )

Chile going for 3 straight would be awesome ( don't think so though but a nice thought )

Brazil playing Peru who knocked them out in the last group game of 2016 (dodgy circumstances ) That won't happen again but I love just dreaming about lightening striking twice

Actually knowing FIFA Qatar will beat Argentina, Chile, Colombia and then Brazil in the final scoring 10 goals in the process and have 3 clean sheets:drunk:

Qatar are a good side they will at least get a point against Argentina imo. Meaning if Ecuador v Japan ends in a victory to either side and Venezuela win or draw v Bolivia then they are out. If they draw and Paraguay win or draw v Colombia they finish bottom of Group B and are eliminated

Japan 2-2 Uruguay

not a bad game. lulled at times but that's football and 4 goals is a good showing.

I love Uruguay btw. Great world cup last year and if they had Cavani against France the whole complexion would have been different. Scored two cracking goals vs Portugal, the second sublime.

I love Uruguay btw. Great world cup last year and if they had Cavani against France the whole complexion would have been different. Scored two cracking goals vs Portugal, the second sublime.

They're a good team. I certainly don't love them, aside from Japan y Sth Korea there has been no bigger rival for Australia in Football.

They did spit on us at the Montevideo airport in 2001 and that image has stuck for some reason.

I mentioned this during the World Cup last year but I love them for a few reasons. It started with the history with us as you mentioned during 2001. The Muscat penalty where we edged them at the MCG

Agostino proving to be a menace. The 3-0 drubbing we received where Recoba, Silva and co tore us to shreds in the second leg ignited our history with them which of course would bob up 4 years later. I didn't think much of Uruguay tbh despite them beating us and their World Cup was mediocre netting 2 draws and a loss from 3 games. Did suffer a late loss to Denmark in their first and fought back from 3 goals down against Senegal and should have progressed to the K.O rounds if not for a sitter missed at the death.

Loved how we got them in 2005 and I believed we would. But I really started to take notice of Uruguay when they participated in South Africa 2010. I didn't expect them to cane the host nations 3-0 and then beat Mexico. They did have a favourable draw that tournament but got to the semi's nonetheless and their final 2 games were rippers yielding 5 goal thrillers in each ( 2nd round and quarters obviously beauties also )

2011 Copa America champions. Love it! Suarez backing up his good 2010 world cup ( where Forlan went nuts ) and Uruguay proved they were back on the world stage and 2010 wasn't a fluke. 2014 After losing to Costa Rica unexpectedly they pipped England at the death thanks to Suarez's double then got Italy latish with a Godin header. 2018 and clean sheets in their first 4 games including a late winner first up against Egypt and a 3-0 demolition of hosts Russia for top spot. 2-1 against Portugal and Uruguay were good offensively and as mentioned, had their dynamic forward in Cavani participated, the match may have been completely different.

Good history and a nation that fights, bleeds and suffers for their shirt and despite being out of the footballing wilderness for so long, often finds a way to get themselves back on top producing great results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back