2019 Copa America - 14th June to 7th July

Remove this Banner Ad

What an ugly spectacle of a game that was. Players throwing themselves to the ground and surrounding the ref. He didn't help matters, physically pushing and restraining players when he should just show the cheese.

Fair enough too, he can't do it all.

Otamendi, half the player Pinola is at 36.

I don’t know what has happened to Argentina the last few years. They’re definitely not a good team to watch anymore. If Messi isn’t Barcelona Messi, Argentina don’t seem to stand a chance.

What an ugly spectacle of a game that was. Players throwing themselves to the ground and surrounding the ref. He didn't help matters, physically pushing and restraining players when he should just show the cheese.

For sure. By contrast I watched the USA/England women’s World Cup Semi final match and it seemed like Alex Morgan spent all match being kicked and hacked down and every single time she got back up, no complaints about the treatment she was getting and she wasn’t rolling around in pain like a lot of the men do. She is way tougher than the Neymar’s of the world.

Theres another Copa next year, I reckon he will be back for that.
Just read the above post now, and yours. Completely agree. He'll play at that one for sure being in Argentina. Then he'll quit.

Argentina are ******* useless.

That summarises the whole Copa Tournament. And 0-0 draws.

******* atrocious.

Just read the above post now, and yours. Completely agree. He'll play at that one for sure being in Argentina. Then he'll quit.

Argentina are ******* useless.

Argentina need one of Gallardo, Pochettino, Simeone or Bielsa to coach the squad.

Argentina literally have 4 of the best 7 managers in the world.

Australia made a huge mistake not taking Bielsa when he wanted the job. He could have turned the entire youth setup around as well as playing a much more exciting brand in the national side.

In other news, due to the AFA having a bunch of ex-bostero players/admin, el Monumental (largest capacity stadium in Argentina, Rivers home ground) won't be used for next year's Copa.

Says it all really.

Argentina need one of Gallardo, Pochettino, Simeone or Bielsa to coach the squad.

Australia made a huge mistake not taking Bielsa when he wanted the job. He could have turned the entire youth setup around as well as playing a much more exciting brand in the national side.

In other news, due to the AFA having a bunch of ex-bostero players/admin, el Monumental (largest capacity stadium in Argentina, Rivers home ground) won't be used for next year's Copa.

Says it all really.
What a shock we turned him down. Twats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We absorbed a lot of pressure from Chile, we ultimately deserved it.

Won't beat Brazil but proud to have made the final!

Only our 3rd ever final

Last edited:

Says it all really.
What a ******* joke! Equivalent of the AFL not letting the MCG host games.

Stupid campaigners

We absorbed a lot of pressure from Chile, we ultimately deserved it.

Won't beat Brazil but proud to have made the final!

Only our 3rd ever final
Watched the highlights without knowing the score 10 mins ago. Envisioned Peru would win, just because it's so unlikely. Still would have predicted Chile though.

Well done. Enjoy getting thumped 5-0 twice in one tournament though;)

:thumbsu:

What a ******* joke! Equivalent of the AFL not letting the MCG host games.

Stupid campaigners

Yep. We will have to stand at the pig sty instead.

Or alternatively we get game in the cylinder (club racings home ground) in Avalleneda.

Watched the highlights without knowing the score 10 mins ago. Envisioned Peru would win, just because it's so unlikely. Still would have predicted Chile though.

Well done. Enjoy getting thumped 5-0 twice in one tournament though;)

:thumbsu:

Won't be 5-0, may be 4-0 lol.

Enjoy your 4th place finish ;-)

Quintero this is the case for a lot of teams, but re Argentina, they haven't really beaten a big gun in a major tournament for ******* yonks. I'm talking a Brazil, Germany, Italy, Holland, France etc. When I say beat I don't mean via penalties like they did at Brazil 2014 in the semis. Piss poor and we'd have to go back to Mexico 86 in the final against West Germany. I include Holland in this bracket for making 3 world cup finals as well as semis. They're still yet to win a world cup, but as forementioned combined with a Euro Cup and good displays.

1990 - Shooutout central. Yugoslavia then Italy, the '' big '' gun in the semis.

1994 - nope

1998 - Croatia made the semis and had a good tournament. A great team, but I wouldn't call them a big gun.They weren't at the calibre of said teams ( given their history ) although now on the back of making the World Cup final they hold a lot more substance.

2002 - nope. A solitary win against Nigeria who they beat at USA 94 along with Greece.

2006 - Ditto. Ivory Coast, Serbia and M, Mexico in the 2nd round in Extra Time.

2010 - History keeps repeating. Mexico in the 2nd round again. Nigeria, South Korea, Greece, nah.

2014 - Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria, Switzerland E.T, Belgium Quarters ( good world cup last year and in 86 but not a big gun, that is a different discussion )

2018 - Solitary win vs Nigeria as they did in 2002

A bunch of average teams and teams in the 2nd bracket. Belgium atm are considered a power but will need to back that up more next year and after that. I love Argentina but they're doing * all and continue to disappoint and underachieve.

3 years straight and 3 runners up in 2015, 2016 and 2017. They should have did better there and obviously had their chances. Higuain the stupid * in 2014 and 2015 blew two golden chances. Messi could have buried Germany too.

I love them, but * they're frustrating.

I don’t know what has happened to Argentina the last few years. They’re definitely not a good team to watch anymore. If Messi isn’t Barcelona Messi, Argentina don’t seem to stand a chance.

For sure. By contrast I watched the USA/England women’s World Cup Semi final match and it seemed like Alex Morgan spent all match being kicked and hacked down and every single time she got back up, no complaints about the treatment she was getting and she wasn’t rolling around in pain like a lot of the men do. She is way tougher than the Neymar’s of the world.

Was watching Sweden v Netherlands this morning. One of the Swedish women, Kosovare Asllani, got a header in the face. Didn't look much at all but she was carried off on a stretcher and didn't come back on. I don't think I've ever seen that before from a header.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back